St Mirren Bod

It clearly isn't. It is (as I had to explain to 'another shite alias' in a subsequent post), an indication of the apathy within our boardroom. Kemp also explained this in his post about his own business. It is not difficult to understand...

Unless of course you fall into the 'fcuking idiot' category on here.

And you top the list of that very category... bye1.gif

I'll certainly disregard the comments of an idiot like you. :1eye

A troll, an alias who I have an idea who and a coward hiding behind a keyboard. Grow a pair and act like an adult. Easy to call someone an idiot when you disagree with anything contrary to your own views. It is all about opinion and you are trolling mate.

Given that Gordon Scott was supposedly the one director who consistently didn't help out with the cashflow issue each year what makes you think he would invest more than Gilmour and co do?

'Supposedly'?

A troll, an alias who I have an idea who and a coward hiding behind a keyboard. Grow a pair and act like an adult. Easy to call someone an idiot when you disagree with anything contrary to your own views. It is all about opinion and you are trolling mate.

Hey , don't take it personally , he calls everyone an idiot . .

Makes you wonder , doesn't it . .it is actually Dorothy in disguise. .

As much of us agree the bod did step up and keep us in survival mode for the last 15 yrs, but now they want out they cant keep it up much longer, they will only sell to the right people, but only for 2 million. Now the thing that gets me each season is the cost cutting and this season the cheap option for the managers roll, now isnt the time to moan like bitchs now is the time to stand up and fight, fight for survival, fight for the best of the club, they should at least come out and say the clubs still for sale but until then we as the bod are looking after the club, sorry for feck ups hold our hands up, but keep backing us we are all in this together.

I'm no supporter of the board of directors - as everyone on here knows - but despite a large number of costly mistakes over the last 15 years, I do find it more than a little bizarre that one of the decisions some are citing to hang the board was the decision to sell Love Street. That one piece of business was an absolute masterstroke. It saw the combination of good fortune with good timing. Love Street was a crumbling relic on a plot of land with questionable value. Somehow the board of directors managed to pull off the coup of the century convincing the local planning committee to rezone the site and they managed to sell off the land to Tesco despite the fact that Tesco had absolutely no need for the land whatsoever. The board also managed to pull this off prior to the 2008 banking collapse, and to the situation today where major supermarkets like Tesco are now pulling back on their store opening programmes. The only thing they got wrong about the stadium move is that they failed to grasp the opportunity it afforded them to build a multi-purpose complex that would have been pulling in revenue 7-days per week.

Surely fans would be better off focusing on the real mistakes made by the board - for example -

• taking six months too long to sack Tony Fitzpatrick as manager
  • failing to replace Joe Hughes
  • cutting long standing relationships with local community groups like juvenile football clubs
  • failing to realise the significance of youth recruitment
  • scrapping the long standing practice of giving under 10's free admission to matches
  • tinkering with the bonus payments to players and dividing Tom Hendrie's dressing room as a result.
  • sending Ludo Roy out on loan to rivals St Johnstone leaving a relegation threatened full time St Mirren with the silly situation of having to train without a goalkeeper.
  • sacking Tom Hendrie and replacing him with the inept and incompetent John Coughlin supposedly on the say so of some geeks on the St Mirren Official Forum.
  • the ridiculous talking up of Mark Crilly as some kind of new Maradona
  • the failure to sack Coughlin as soon as it became apparent he was a diddy.
  • then having appointed another successful management team in Gus MacPherson and Andy Millen and winning the Challenge Cup and promotion to the SPL interfering in team affairs to the detriment of the squad and the management team in the build up to the 2009 Cup Final.
  • Then having reached a Cup Final dismantling everything that was in place letting MacPherson and Millen leave to replace them with Danny Lennon who in his first season landed up with a woeful squad that included the likes of McQuade, Lynch, Wardlaw, McCluskey and Mooy.
  • Then having seen Lennon finally construct a squad of players who were to achieve success in 2013 failing to push on from there, and instead letting Lennon's contract expire, pushing him out of the door and starting yet another rebuilding project with the inept and incompetent Tommy Craig in charge who landed up with Marwood, Caldwell, Ball and Drury in the squad whilst team coach Jim Goodwin went on an unrestrained rampage collecting several red cards whilst "leading by example".

The East Stand was built on the proceeds of a raffle and it was Fans that bought the tickets.

Jackie Copland?You're talking 1976......what has that got to do with the current situation?

The same as the east stand.

Forgot about the raffle -

Maybe we could do a raffle every two years to raise funds for an experienced good pro to come into the team.

Its not a bad idea

Maybe because no-one's asked them to?

If you knew anything at all about computers then you would know that IP address comparison would only prove whether or not two (or more) people were posting from somewhere with the same external IP address (e.g. a workplace, college, library etc.). It would prove nothing definitively about whether or not it is the same person posting under different aliases.

For example, I could (if I wished to, but I don't) create several aliases and post with one from my office, connect to remote machines in one or more of the other 8 sites (all of which have their own internet connections) and post from it/them, connect remotely to my home computer and post from there and also use my mobile phone to post - all under different aliases. That would be 11 different aliases with 11 different IP addresses, so it would appear that I was 11 different people if only IP addresses were used for comparison. And that's just for starters - there are other ways to get round it - for example, you could spoof IP addresses if you so wished (and could be bothered to go to the hassle just to wind a few folk up). It could also work the other way and two or more people posting from the same location could be accused of being the same person as they have the same external IP address.

Of course, you must know all this as you have been getting away with it for years now. tongue.png

Is that how you do it when posting as Cockles, Oaksoft, SaintsNextLifetime and Tony Soprano? I had wondered. :rolleyes:

I think most people on here will have worked out "another alias" real name some time ago. Certainly they will have worked out who his previous aliases were. I won't spoil the fun, I'll just carry on laughing at you making an arse of yourself.

The BOD should be praised for keeping us within budget and debt free. That ensures a future.

The BOD should be thoroughly ashamed over the way they have spent the money we have on poor managers and players. They should be ashamed of the poor PR coming out of the club and the laughable attempts on the commercial side to raise income . They should also reflect on the poor payback from the youth system compared to other clubs.

In short they have been poor custodians of our club .

If the BOD kept communications regular via the shambolic website or even the PDE then it would be easier to stomach. As bad as it may be to hear, if one or all came out and said. Look we are not investing in the here and now and are preparing for the drop to reshape the club i think id actually accept it. Silence is causing the most pain.

The BOD should be praised for keeping us within budget and debt free. That ensures a future.

The BOD should be thoroughly ashamed over the way they have spent the money we have on poor managers and players. They should be ashamed of the poor PR coming out of the club and the laughable attempts on the commercial side to raise income . They should also reflect on the poor payback from the youth system compared to other clubs.

In short they have been poor custodians of our club .

Spot on, certainly in recent years.

Strangely enough on the radio on Saturday this point was made on Sportsound and Chic Young nearly burst a vessel as he saw nothing shameful in the way the bod have carried out their business ? I was rather surprised at his biting defence of the bod and then he trotted out the 'I know SG quite well' , blah de feckn blah.

So, even when asked directly what was happening around the club sale by Tam Cowan, he couldnae offer up anything whatsoever.

Chic, he really is becoming more and more of an empty vessel. At least he got excited earlier in the day by Darren McGregors goal dry.png

How well have the BoD carried out their duties since the club was put up for sale?

A string of management in/out/vacancy car crashes.

No plan B to move club forward during this sale fiasco

Year on year budget cuts which amongst many things are due decreased investment by sponsors who don't know who will be running the club next week, never mind next season.

Pulling out of the English consortiums bid on a highly spurious reason when they thought they would get more out of the Argies... And telling us so! Doh...!

And being totally hoodwinked by the debacle that was 10000 hours! An organisation that promised grants, loans, investment but couldn't find the where with all to spend a feckin penny! That i believe is this BoD's biggest and most damaging mistake, entering into exclusivity with 10000 hours, bringing them into the boardroom, setting up companies with them..... All these sideshows whilst Rome was burning around them. That cost the BoD and the club big time.

How well have the BoD carried out their duties since the club was put up for sale?

A string of management in/out/vacancy car crashes.

No plan B to move club forward during this sale fiasco

Year on year budget cuts which amongst many things are due decreased investment by sponsors who don't know who will be running the club next week, never mind next season.

Pulling out of the English consortiums bid on a highly spurious reason when they thought they would get more out of the Argies... And telling us so! Doh...!

And being totally hoodwinked by the debacle that was 10000 hours! An organisation that promised grants, loans, investment but couldn't find the where with all to spend a feckin penny! That i believe is this BoD's biggest and most damaging mistake, entering into exclusivity with 10000 hours, bringing them into the boardroom, setting up companies with them..... All these sideshows whilst Rome was burning around them. That cost the BoD and the club big time.

Agree with all of this bar the view on the10000 hours initiative. I think 10000 hours had a lot of really good ideas and genuine community aspirations. A lot of the revenue generating ideas could be revived by a BoD that still had a pulse.

The BOD also sold our best asset to make up the shortfall created by paying off the manager.

Did they?

Are you sure that the manager was paid off and not put on gardening leave?

I was under the impression that he was sold because the BoD agreed to sell him for a reasonable fee when he signed the contract in the summer.

I suspect, like most of your posts, that you just made it up. Didn't you...

Is that how you do it when posting as Cockles, Oaksoft, SaintsNextLifetime and Tony Soprano? I had wondered. rolleyes.gif

I think most people on here will have worked out "another alias" real name some time ago. Certainly they will have worked out who his previous aliases were. I won't spoil the fun, I'll just carry on laughing at you making an arse of yourself.

At least we know why the "Referendum Poll" on here last year was such a "landslide" for the "Yes Campaign"...

You missed out his more "extremist" aliases - Salmonbuddie and FTOF. jerry.gif

Maybe because no-one's asked them to?

If you knew anything at all about computers then you would know that IP address comparison would only prove whether or not two (or more) people were posting from somewhere with the same external IP address (e.g. a workplace, college, library etc.). It would prove nothing definitively about whether or not it is the same person posting under different aliases.

For example, I could (if I wished to, but I don't) create several aliases and post with one from my office, connect to remote machines in one or more of the other 8 sites (all of which have their own internet connections) and post from it/them, connect remotely to my home computer and post from there and also use my mobile phone to post - all under different aliases. That would be 11 different aliases with 11 different IP addresses, so it would appear that I was 11 different people if only IP addresses were used for comparison. And that's just for starters - there are other ways to get round it - for example, you could spoof IP addresses if you so wished (and could be bothered to go to the hassle just to wind a few folk up). It could also work the other way and two or more people posting from the same location could be accused of being the same person as they have the same external IP address.

Of course, you must know all this as you have been getting away with it for years now. tongue.png

"The lady doth protest too much"...lol.gif