St Mirren Bod

Did they?

Are you sure that the manager was paid off and not put on gardening leave?

I was under the impression that he was sold because the BoD agreed to sell him for a reasonable fee when he signed the contract in the summer.

I suspect, like most of your posts, that you just made it up. Didn't you...

I was under the impression he was on "gardening leave" and this was hinted at on BBC Radio Scotland one Saturday recently.

Stop it, Stuart, you've been sussed. flipa.gif

As I said to you previously..

I presume you have been prescribed Lactulose by your Doctor as your posts these days are more shite than usual.

You're beginning to sound like Faraway Saint with your presumption that everyone who disagrees with you must be the same person. I've also noticed that you've started replying to nearly every post on here these days - again another Faraway Saint trait. Of course the difference is I don't believe you are Faraway Saint which is why I'm sane and you're been looked after by some nurses.

Agree with all of this bar the view on the10000 hours initiative. I think 10000 hours had a lot of really good ideas and genuine community aspirations. A lot of the revenue generating ideas could be revived by a BoD that still had a pulse.

I agree that a lot of the ideas and community aspirations, along with revenue generating schemes could be actioned. But these came from the supporters who were the only ones in the end who put up any money, and are the only ones still putting up their money long after the Walter Mitty character flounced off to the **** or Hearts or any other coffin worth chasing.

I agree that a lot of the ideas and community aspirations, along with revenue generating schemes could be actioned. But these came from the supporters who were the only ones in the end who put up any money, and are the only ones still putting up their money long after the Walter Mitty character flounced off to the **** or Hearts or any other coffin worth chasing.

...and i thought i was obsessed with 10000hours....

bye1.gif

I was happy to sign up for 10000 hours albeit with some reservations about what would happen if the monthly subscriptions started to get cancelled. Overall though I think it was an opportunity missed. I hope that we can revisit some of the really good ideas and adapt them in some way to re-energise the club and reconnect it with its fan base and wider community. I liked what Richard Atkinson tried to do. I dont know him but he is an entrepreneur so I have no issue with him taking his ideas to more fertile ground. Shame though.

Edited by magnus

You claimed to be obsessed with St Mirren, then it was Hearts and then Sevco, and then.....?

And there was me thinking you first began taking potshots at rea either because of his religious beliefs or because he had no prior interest in St Mirren or much interest in football and was based in Ayrshire. We were supposed to be suspicious about rea for all those reasons.

I've always found him to be pretty open and honest. He didn't claim to be a lifelong Buddie from the outset, and was open about spotting an advert in a newspaper relating to the club and things grew from there. He did speak about how he began to feel an infinity for the club once he had been brought onto the board. I don't remember him saying he was obsessed about us or Hearts or Rangers either, merely, that fan ownership would be a good thing in Scottish football. If I remember correctly he left the BoD at St Mirren after 10,000 Hours final bid had been rejected by the consortium who then said his continuing presence on the board was putting off other potential buyers.

Rea has been off the board for how long now, and still no sale of the club.

One of the big complaints this season about the board has been over their managerial appointments and the lack of communication with fans.

Whatever his faults, I think rea showed a bit of energy and a willingness to meet with fans and reply on forums which would appear to have been missed by many fans since his departure.

And there was me thinking you first began taking potshots at rea either because of his religious beliefs or because he had no prior interest in St Mirren or much interest in football and was based in Ayrshire. We were supposed to be suspicious about rea for all those reasons.

I've always found him to be pretty open and honest. He didn't claim to be a lifelong Buddie from the outset, and was open about spotting an advert in a newspaper relating to the club and things grew from there. He did speak about how he began to feel an infinity for the club once he had been brought onto the board. I don't remember him saying he was obsessed about us or Hearts or Rangers either, merely, that fan ownership would be a good thing in Scottish football. If I remember correctly he left the BoD at St Mirren after 10,000 Hours final bid had been rejected by the consortium who then said his continuing presence on the board was putting off other potential buyers.

Rea has been off the board for how long now, and still no sale of the club.

One of the big complaints this season about the board has been over their managerial appointments and the lack of communication with fans.

Whatever his faults, I think rea showed a bit of energy and a willingness to meet with fans and reply on forums which would appear to have been missed by many fans since his departure.

Feck me he's got another alias!

Now, now Stuart. I did tell you that you weren't intelligent enough, there was no need to go and prove me right with your next post. Thanks all the same.

Yet again, it looks like you're getting mixed up and demonstrating a clear lack of intelligence. You keep calling me by names that I don't have and I see on the "Would You Thread" you can't tell the difference between someone called "Janina Ramirez" and someone called "Kate Garraway". 1eye.gif

Clearly shutting down institutions and care centres and treating people in the community isn't working rolleyes.gif.

Edited by iTony

Is it at all possible for us to stick to talking about St Mirren and try to leave egos out of this?

It seems some posters are more concerned getting one over on their fellow Saints fans than actually discussing the Club!

We all support the same club, I think?

Don't be daft

That's the whole point for some on here

It's like a trawler on the North Sea at times

So you are using an alias! Have a look around buddy so do over 90% of the posters here.

We all know some posters have an alias/pseudonym, call it what you will, but for you to overstate the number so greatly only reflects the accuracy of the bulk of your hyperbolic statements damned nearly every time you post.

We all know some posters have an alias/pseudonym, call it what you will, but for you to overstate the number so greatly only reflects the accuracy of the bulk of your hyperbolic statements damned nearly every time you post.

Deary me you'd think i had posted a comment about the multiple sex offence charges Dr Fox is up for! Calm down dear its only a fan forum.

So then Rick what are the numbers? Do the majority of posters here post with their own name?

Here,s a clue.... No!

And that fact is borne out by two things;

The Username List

&

The People who post under their Usernames

You keep setting them up, I'll keep smacking them into the back of the Onion Sack!

If I were a director my plan would be:

Bring in a director of football role with them given time and focus on what the team and set up will look like next season.

Allow them to review the youth set up and ensure that we have a strategy in place for that.

Tell Gary that he has a role at the club next season in either a coaching role or as first team manager if he performs to a standard deemed acceptable by the director of football.

Allow Gary to seek advice from the director of football but make him accountable for results.

Communicate to fans that it's been an unacceptable season and lessons learned. Explain that they have got some one working on long term plans.

Bring in a director of football role with them given time and focus on what the team and set up will look like next season.

Allow them to review the youth set up and ensure that we have a strategy in place for that.

Tell Gary that he has a role at the club next season in either a coaching role or as first team manager if he performs to a standard deemed acceptable by the director of football.

Allow Gary to seek advice from the director of football but make him accountable for results.

Communicate to fans that it's been an unacceptable season and lessons learned. Explain that they have got some one working on long term plans.

If only Carlsberg did Directors!

Can a club our size afford a Director of Football, especially in the Championship?