St Mirren Bod

Bit f*cking late for a rallying call from the Board, is it not? Shouldn't they have released something similar around xmas time when it was clear we were in freefall (due to their shite decision making) and on a fast track to the bottom of the league!!

Great stuff Mr. Gilmour.

I sincerely hope that the fans who do go tonight are at least treated to some effort and desire. Something that has been lacking all season.

Bah humbug![/quo

It is late and I'm sure Stewart Gilmour knows it's late but it's a step in the right direction. Many lessons to be learned from this season but we are still in with the slimmest of chances of fighting back. Let's get behind the team for the final few games.

A classic example of why Gilmour and the board should have said nothing.

They get pelters when silent and then when they DO speak they get pelters again.

So many of our fans are total arseholes.

No, a classic example of why they should have engaged with the support a good while back, utilising their very own website, and done it off their own bat - not doing it a day after receiving a well-worded message from SMiSA which appears to have woken them up enough to jot down a paragraph or two.

Exactly like fixing the missing stadium letter. Left it looking shabby for over a year - then some e-mails from regulars on here start coming in. Tommy Docherty - a ladder - some strong glue - thirty minutes. Boosh job done. How hard was that to achieve in twelve months?

There is a bit of dammed if you do damned if you don't about this statement , fair play but the fans have been crying out for reassurance all season.

We have been lacking leadership on and off the field , we aren't out of it yet but it will take some effort to turn our fortunes around, starting with 3 points tonight.

Its easy for people to forget but everyone associated with the club needs and wants St Mirren to do well. The board because they are trying to sell up for the best price possible and the players because it's their careers at stake. They haven't went out and intentionally lost, in eg same way the board didnt think TC would have been the disaster he was going to be.

We have still to play Motherwell and County 4 times, it's very much win or bust tonight. COYS

Making an appeal on the day of the game for Fans to go to the game.Most Fans won't even see the message until they're home from work.This should have been done last week along with the announcement of free buses to tonights match.

Bit f*cking late for a rallying call from the Board, is it not? Shouldn't they have released something similar around xmas time when it was clear we were in freefall (due to their shite decision making) and on a fast track to the bottom of the league!!

Great stuff Mr. Gilmour.

I sincerely hope that the fans who do go tonight are at least treated to some effort and desire. Something that has been lacking all season.

Bah humbug![/quo

It is late and I'm sure Stewart Gilmour knows it's late but it's a step in the right direction. Many lessons to be learned from this season but we are still in with the slimmest of chances of fighting back. Let's get behind the team for the final few games.

The problem is that they didn't learn from their mistakes. The BOD had the chance to at least salvage our season when they finally sacked TC but instead dallied before giving GT the gig with little time to bring in the type of quality to give us a fighting chance. SG should never have uttered that we needed a wheeler and dealer when he clearly had no intention of replacing TC with any such person. We needed an old experienced head to come in rather than giving the gig to GT who had no experience in management. So, of wasn't just one bad decision to employ the worse manager in my 50 years of watching Saints but several bad decisions that has now placed us where we are.

Making an appeal on the day of the game for Fans to go to the game.Most Fans won't even see the message until they're home from work.This should have been done last week along with the announcement of free buses to tonights match.

Free buses hmm interesting and a very novel idea ...now if their was a dinner with a speaker before maybe

...but then the dinner would have to start at about 4-00 to be finished on time to get to the game...no free buses are out....dinner on 29th May still on though excellent prices £75 +vat.

There will be a Month of the Goal competition to see who can remember when it was.

It's all too late for me I'm afraid.

Been a season ticket holder for lots of years. Bought again this year and was treated to cheap option after cheap option. Even should we stay up I ain't going back till we appoint the right options rather than the cheap options.

Not one penny more am I wasting!

Not last week, maybe just after Christmas when it was obvious to most that the team were toiling, we were running ( sometimes ) to stand still.

Instead, a wall of silence , and suddenly, now its blow the whistle, over the top lads and tally ho, lets do this.

huh.png

ame="magnus" post="1262421" timestamp="1428409983"]

The problem is that they didn't learn from their mistakes. The BOD had the chance to at least salvage our season when they finally sacked TC but instead dallied before giving GT the gig with little time to bring in the type of quality to give us a fighting chance. SG should never have uttered that we needed a wheeler and dealer when he clearly had no intention of replacing TC with any such person. We needed an old experienced head to come in rather than giving the gig to GT who had no experience in management. So, of wasn't just one bad decision to employ the worse manager in my 50 years of watching Saints but several bad decisions that has now placed us where we are.

Wouldn't disagree with you.

Free buses hmm interesting and a very novel idea ...now if their was a dinner with a speaker before maybe

...but then the dinner would have to start at about 4-00 to be finished on time to get to the game...no free buses are out....dinner on 29th May still on though excellent prices £75 +vat.

There will be a Month of the Goal competition to see who can remember when it was.

Love the last part . Brilliant !! : ) Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Is that when the annual dinner is? That's the day after the first leg of the play-offs and two days before the second leg. Hardly ideal.

Insert your own jokes about not having to worry about the play-offs.

It's all too late for me I'm afraid.

Been a season ticket holder for lots of years. Bought again this year and was treated to cheap option after cheap option. Even should we stay up I ain't going back till we appoint the right options rather than the cheap options.

Not one penny more am I wasting!

Painfully true Kendo. If we stay up though we have a far better foundation to take the right options. For that reason I'm in for the rest of this nightmare season - we have come this far and it can't really get any worse. I'm wearing my lucky scarf tonight. COYS