St Mirren Bod

Nope.

Caveat Emptor dear chap

Had to google that.. I did have nearly 20 years of experience to know better than to expect anything to be fair.

Since I always worked or played football on Saturdays in the past, I usually just paid at the gate when I could go and this season was the first time I got a Season Ticket in years. Just dawned on me that the only two seasons I have had one were 2000/2001 and this season... Sorry guys whistling.gif .

Had to google that.. I did have nearly 20 years of experience to know better than to expect anything to be fair.

Since I always worked or played football on Saturdays in the past, I usually just paid at the gate when I could go and this season was the first time I got a Season Ticket in years. Just dawned on me that the only two seasons I have had one were 2000/2001 and this season... Sorry guys whistling.gif .

happy.png

Aye, brutal stuff , ya Jonah.

What is the exact quote from Gilmour regarding Kenny being sold to pay for wages? Can't find it.

It was on the radio on Tuesday. Chick said it (no prizes for guessing where the info came from). Dunno if Gilmour said it during the earlier interview.

Edited by Stu

It was on the radio on Tuesday. Chick said it (no prizes for guessing where the info came from). Dunno if Gilmour said it during the earlier interview.

Ah ok, that explains it. Didn't think I'd heard it in the interview.

So the source for this was actually Chick Young and not Stewart Gilmour. He has a habit of exaggerating and embellishing. Almost took it seriously for a moment there :lol:

The body is in general getting stick fir doing things in cheap but personally I have some sympathy for them granted do think TC was mistake but to say penny pinched is not totally accurate, over last few years player budget has been badly spent, the body have taken managers recommendations to sign players and if someone was to count players bought where we could say money well spent there is nothing a lot on other hand money wasted on signings I shudder to think

So bod have provided funds which last few managers have wasted

The body is in general getting stick fir doing things in cheap but personally I have some sympathy for them granted do think TC was mistake but to say penny pinched is not totally accurate, over last few years player budget has been badly spent, the body have taken managers recommendations to sign players and if someone was to count players bought where we could say money well spent there is nothing a lot on other hand money wasted on signings I shudder to think

The irony is, there's a comma in there (two, if you count the duplicate post).

All I'm saying is bod have backed managers, maybe not all best choice but they have backed them I'm curious for someone with more time to count the number of players signed which have been value fir money and those which have not been

And I deliberately don't punctuate posts as know it annoys people on forum

Got to have fun winding people up life to short to be so serious

We are paying the price for small minded arrogance A board who looked at a league with no Hearts Hibs or Rangers and thought We can get away with the ultra cheap options and so get our money back Hell mend them They've set us back 10 years and won't see their nest eggs now And we're the ones who will suffer

Edited by Danny

We are paying the price for small minded arrogance A board who looked at a league with no Hearts Hibs or Rangers and thought We can get away with the ultra cheap options and so get our money back Hell mend them They've set us back 10 years and won't see their nest eggs now And we're the ones who will suffer

We're going to struggle financially.

I wonder how much the asking price will be IF we go down.

Or maybe they will realise theres no money in a championship club and come out and say they are not selling as thier goal is to get us back up.. so they can try again to cash in when we return.

Would that be a bad thing.

We are paying the price for small minded arrogance A board who looked at a league with no Hearts Hibs or Rangers and thought We can get away with the ultra cheap options and so get our money back Hell mend them They've set us back 10 years and won't see their nest eggs now And we're the ones who will

suffer

I understand the sentiment here but the ones that actually suffer the most are the ones that have put their money into the club for years and will now see little or no return. That's your current BOD by the way and there are Saints fans among them.

Still you can take some solace in that if needs be.

Being in the 2nd tier as opposed to top tier will have financial implications for the club, no argument. Yes a parachute payment will be made, but it will obviously affect TV money, share of financial payments at the end of the season and less lucrative advertising opportunities.

The Board need to decide soon, are they going to abandon all hope of a sale and re-commit to the job or are they going to continue to drift and as a consequence affect the moral, well-being and commitment required to see us rise again?

All businesses make corporate decisions that are bad. This Board has made several recently that suggest their mind isn't on the job and as a result the business is suffering. Their investment is also suffering and that is exactly what happens in any business if you take your eye off the ball. Their aspirations for a return on their 'investment' in the club is now being seriously eroded and they either cut their losses, or re-commit.

Either way I don't mind, but please make a decision soon or the club will drift as long as this indecision continues.