St Mirren Bod

100% correct.

Why is this?

No moderation could be the answer?

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out the "new" forum members are these "cnuts" yet still goes "unnoticed".

You have just answered possibly one of the biggest trolls of all time.

I think the moderators have gone into apathy with this one . They seem to think that , if they block the IP address of the miscreant that that is them dealt with , forever . .cartman.gif

Of course , a bloody 14yr old , these days , can get around a blocked IP address and since the miscreants are mostly 14yrs. .

The almost laughable bit is how they get banned but then come back on , under another name , and then brag about how they got banned . .bye1.gif

I think the moderators have gone into apathy with this one . They seem to think that , if they block the IP address of the miscreant that that is them dealt with , forever . .cartman.gif

Of course , a bloody 14yr old , these days , can get around a blocked IP address and since the miscreants are mostly 14yrs. .

The almost laughable bit is how they get banned but then come back on , under another name , and then brag about how they got banned . .bye1.gif

Don't start me.............................wink.png

Don't get me started on f**king psychotropics again. I mean talking about them, not taking them (I might not have stopped that, but then again, I might not have started that. Can you stop something when you haven't started it? You could with a runaway horse, for example, though it might not be advisable unless you were trained in that sort of thing. It would be kind if silly to try and stop a runaway horse, you might get hurt. Why would a horse run away in the first place. Maybe it got fed up of getting grounded for staying out past curfew and also had it's mobile phone taken away. Who knows? Not me, that's for sure. Maybe I should ask that wise Shull person, he seems to know a lot, although I don't really like his bad language sometimes - but other times it makes me giggle. Maybe Bluto or Rick will know, they are really, really clever guys with many, many years of experience. Or maybe I should just ask the wizard, as long as he's not hungry.)

Aw, shucks!. You make a guy blush.

I had to look up psychotropics. Do lager, gin or red wine qualify?

Don't ask me, you're the very, very clever one. Besides that, I'm in some psychotropic induced reality at the moment, so I don't even know you've asked me that.

Psychotropic Induced Reality. I'm thinking that could be antithesis or maybe even an ocksy moron. Bluto will probably keep us right. It's more his field.

Depends on how you define the DoF role. Should our General Manager be determining coaching direction? No. Should a GM be involved in the management of non-footballing staff? Yes.

I think that there would be benefit in aspects of the DoF being in place at St Mirren. A responsibility for setting consistent coaching style to be adopted across the club, recruiting coaches who will work to that strategy, taking away the day to day mangement of footballing related issues and let coaches do just coaching, and providing guidance on who to handle things to younger coaches. Bizarrely I thought in the summer after letting Lennon leave that we would have benefited from Tommy Craig as a Director of Football and bringing in a young coach like Ian Murray to work under him.

Biggest issue we have had as a club is the mentality of taking it 12 months at a time with contracts , it feels that every time a season ends there is a scramble to give players contracts or to sign new players on another short term deal for next season.

It would be nice to be starting January with a good idea what the core of the following season would be and to have tied up a few players who will be out of contract in June.

I know the board will argue the toss that they can't commit until they know final league position, but surely stability of both coaching and playing staff would bring more consistency and desire to do well.

Dead easy Drew.

Get your hand in your pocket and do what they did and buy the club out.

Once you've done that pour your pension into players wages and let's see sunny days reign over Paisley.

OR alternatively you could shut the f**k up, man the f**k up and accept relegation with good grace if that's what happens.

Only Celtic could compete with Ross County's recent run.

M !!! Perhaps with that soulless gutless attitude you should be on our BOD !

Accept relegation? Are you mad? Relegation is not just about having nice wee away days to Livingston or Alloa, it's about wage cuts and real people losing their jobs! I can just imagine their reaction to your motivative speech " accept relegation with good Grace" BOLLOX!

We should ALL remember that ITS THE FANS RIGHT TO VOICE THEIR OPINIONS AND CONCERNS REGARDING OUR CLUB. The current BOD saved this club, but you cannot live on past glory's. They clearly have run out of ideas and ambition and want out....fine, then sell the bloody club at a realistic offer before we are worth nothing!

Reality is personal. We could both look at grass, for instance, and agree that it is green. We do that simply because we have been taught that the colour we perceive the grass to be is called green. It doesn't mean that what I perceive is the same as what you perceive. Even though our eyes work in the same way, how our brains interpret those signals can vary wildly. It works the same for the other senses.

When you take it to the extreme you get iTony's reality. whistling.gif

Absolutely right. Remember the black and white (or was it blue and gold?) wedding dress? wink.png

I use my name. I would use my full Christian name too, but when the internet was invented back in the day, I initially used it to keep in touch with family in Sydney, down under in Oz, so simply inserted 'oz' between P Baird.

Same username on feeshal' forum, Denver Broncos forum, P&B forum.

Multiple alias trolls can fcuk off as far as I'm concerned. The worst kind being those banned for being complete cnuts, who just come back and continue to be complete cunts under another shite username/guise.

Great post. I'm not really interested in knowing people's real names but I can understand why some websites don't accept any "nicknames" or "alias" names but the problem is that someone can still use a "proper name" but it's not their own as we all know. If someone is banned from a website then you're correct, they should stay banned and websites should have something in place to make sure that happens. On the other hand some websites have "trigger happy" moderators who ban folk for next to nothing. For example, the banned person disagreed with the moderator's opinion or the banned person had a spat of sorts with a long-term member who seems to get away with anything and everything and seems to be "friendly" with the moderator in question. Under those circumstances I guess you could expect the banned person to be disappointed in the "moderation" of the website. I don't really know the ins and outs of the "disagreements" over 10,000 Hours and I don't want to get into that as I wasn't involved in it but if someone was banned for "overstepping the mark" regarding 10,000 Hours then I'm surprised that other people on here haven't been treated likewise. I would also suggest that it's not just people who have been banned who have various aliases.

100% correct.

Why is this?

No moderation could be the answer?

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out the "new" forum members are these "cnuts" yet still goes "unnoticed".

You have just answered possibly one of the biggest trolls of all time.

No, he was replying to me, not you. whistling.gif

Even if I could be classified as "possibly one of the biggest trolls of all time", I would have learned everything from you. rolleyes.gif

Is that how you manage it when you sign in as your aliases? whistling.gif

Reality is personal. We could both look at grass, for instance, and agree that it is green. We do that simply because we have been taught that the colour we perceive the grass to be is called green. It doesn't mean that what I perceive is the same as what you perceive. Even though our eyes work in the same way, how our brains interpret those signals can vary wildly. It works the same for the other senses.

When you take it to the extreme you get iTony's reality. whistling.gif

Who'da thunk it? The team FKAR maybe played in green and Tom Jones sang about The Blue Blue Grass of Home. Not to mention the Blue Grassy Slopes of the Boyne. But I draw the line at a green steak.

No Rick, you've got it all wrong. The names of the colours would still be the same but how the colours are perceived by individuals can be different. Both of us would still say grass is green but what I perceive as green, you might perceive as what I perceive as blue. You would still call it green, though, and it would be green to you. We would both be right. Everyone who thinks grass is green would be right, even though there will be many different perceptions of what green actually is. It's not exactly my area of expertise so I'm probably not explaining it very well. But at least I tried.

You explained it well. I was just juxtaposing colours for a bit of fun. Perception is perhaps in the eyes of the beholder. There's an old joke about women having trouble parking cars because their husbands mislead them about exactly how long is six inches. Won't go into it, but it's all perception.

Still not a peep from this crew?

This is the biggest match for the club since the League Cup final. Certainly, it will have more significance in terms of shaping the future of the club. The failure of the BoD to emerge from their bunker is a disgrace.

I await a very brief, hastily penned 'statement' today that will consist of bland, empty platitudes and will, of course, be too little, far too late. And that is me being ridiculously optimistic.

Still not a peep from this crew?

This is the biggest match for the club since the League Cup final. Certainly, it will have more significance in terms of shaping the future of the club. The failure of the BoD to emerge from their bunker is a disgrace.

I await a very brief, hastily penned 'statement' today that will consist of bland, empty platitudes and will, of course, be too little, far too late. And that is me being ridiculously optimistic.

What did the statement they released before the league cup final say?

Edited by TopCat

What did the statement they released before the league cup final say?

Who knows , but I remember Gilmour lording it on the top deck of the open top bus afterwards. Can't wait to see his "celebrations" over the next few weeks , or maybe he'll be in the Caribbean watching England !