St Mirren Bod

Don't see a Director of Football being the way forward really- is this not what the General Manager should be doing? He was fairly prominent when we signed Teale & Thommo but he's disappeared since then.

I can't understand why the Board have failed to protect their investment. Totally get that they want out, have ran out of ideas etc. but if they can't sell up and don't want to play an active part then recruit a Chief Executive who has complete control in the way the girl at Motherwell had.

I hate the way folk go on about "the whole football experience has to be great" but maybe we need someone who can understand this that can run things on behalf of the Board as the

sooner they realise no one wants to buy a business that can't make a profit and that they need to get back involved the better.

Never mind a director of football seeing we needed a strong CB, cover for Goodwin and better than Ball, Marwood and Caldwell, fcuking Stevie Wonder could see that. Unfortunately our directors and the shite manager they handed Danny's car keys on a plate to couldn't see it.

We are reaping what we have sown in so many ways for so many seasons.... One year, ten months... And still counting.

That's the answer - get Stevie Wonder in as Director of Football/Manager/Hall of Fame Co-ordinator/Marketing Manager. clap.gifpunk.gif He could even do the half-time music in the centre circle with his famous keyboard.

The Board have made am utter royal mess of things this season.Their arrogance quite frankly knows no bounds.I have been abroad for the past month timed it to miss no home games.Our family have three season tickets and I now have lost all enthusiasm to attend for the remainder of the season.The club needs gutted from top to bottom starting with the appointment of a new Chairman.

Yeah, that is probably the best solution all round and others have suggested this as well. The only thing is, as we are St. Mirren, this isn't easy and that's why we're still on the market. Other clubs will always have people circling around in case it ever goes on the market but we're not in the "fashionable club" category unfortunately. sad.png

So you are using an alias! Have a look around buddy so do over 90% of the posters here.

Nice attempted bit of back tracking Tony. When I posted saying that I thought that generally rea had been open and honest with the fans and a positive BoD member during his time at St Mirren your reply was: "Feck me he's got another alias". If you were implying i am rea posting as another alias you are wrong. If you were implying i have a different alias in addition to my "DoP" username you are wrong again.

I can't think of anyone who posts on the forum who uses their first name and surname, so what is your point? You were the one who left the forum in the huff after rea answered one of your derogatory posts about him by mentioning your first name in his reply, at which point you seemed to threaten legal action about data protection. Nice to have you back on the forum again, using, in your own words "another alias".

post-7222-0-29145400-1427840630_thumb.jp

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Nice attempted bit of back tracking Tony. When I posted saying that I thought that generally rea had been open and honest with the fans and a positive BoD member during his time at St Mirren your reply was: "Feck me he's got another alias". If you were implying i am rea posting as another alias you are wrong. If you were implying i have a different alias in addition to my "DoP" username you are wrong again.

I can't think of anyone who posts on the forum who uses their first name and surname, so what is your point? You were the one who left the forum in the huff after rea answered one of your derogatory posts about him by mentioning your first name in his reply, at which point you seemed to threaten legal action about data protection. Nice to have you back on the forum again, using, in your own words "another alias".

Stuart Dickson?

If you want a wank just ask, mind am no as cheap as yon yin fae Arbroath!

If you're a real man, and I know there are doubts, it's not hard to believe you have to charge for masturbation. I guarantee no man has ever been near my tackle. Nice grammar from you in that post. Are you finally trying a correspondence course, Somner9?

My 'feck me' reply was aimed at Rea as your post sounds and feels so similar.

Glad you agree over 90% of posters use an alias (can you tell your pal Rick its not a bad word).

I cant answer for Rea using confidential information (personal data given in confidence) in a desperate attempt to deflect the shambles and chaos he put this club through. We may well have had an acceptable buyer early doors if his clusterf**k of ineptitude that could give the current BoD a lesson in piss poor communication with prolonged periods of silence hadn't promised what a blind man could see it would never deliver.

If you're a real man, and I know there are doubts, it's not hard to believe you have to charge for masturbation. I guarantee no man has ever been near my tackle. Nice grammar from you in that post. Are you finally trying a correspondence course, Somner9?

Theres a lot of protesth and lack of equivocation in that post Rick. You want the hand job or not?

If I were a director my plan would be:

Bring in a director of football role with them given time and focus on what the team and set up will look like next season.

Allow them to review the youth set up and ensure that we have a strategy in place for that.

Tell Gary that he has a role at the club next season in either a coaching role or as first team manager if he performs to a standard deemed acceptable by the director of football.

Allow Gary to seek advice from the director of football but make him accountable for results.

Communicate to fans that it's been an unacceptable season and lessons learned. Explain that they have got some one working on long term plans.

That's just able to run a professional team not the shambles we have at the moment

Director of Football,just get a man in who can spot a player

The amount of dross we have gave contracts to only pay them off in the last few years is shocking

Theres a lot of protesth and lack of equivocation in that post Rick. You want the hand job or not?

At least I now know that you gave the English Grammar correspondence course a bye. Are you a cross dresser? Or just naturally cross most of the time. With regard to your question, it only reaffirms that your comprehension is on the real shitey side of poor.

At least I now know that you gave the English Grammar correspondence course a bye. Are you a cross dresser? Or just naturally cross most of the time. With regard to your question, it only reaffirms that your comprehension is on the real shitey side of poor.

Sorry Rick i had to drop off there, shite in a tub, poke it with a stick, and smear the shite twice on a wee card. Funny thing is it made me think about your posts... Wonder why that is?

Sorry Rick i had to drop off there, shite in a tub, poke it with a stick, and smear the shite twice on a wee card. Funny thing is it made me think about your posts... Wonder why that is?

I have to admit making a mistake because I had come to the conclusion that you couldn't possibly sink much lower. There seems to be no bottom to the cesspit that is your psyche.

I have to admit making a mistake because I had come to the conclusion that you couldn't possibly sink much lower. There seems to be no bottom to the cesspit that is your psyche.

If you stoop to continual trolling Rick youre gonna come up smelling of shit! Might be worth reading back that I and most others came onto this thread to talk about our club. You seem to have come on to troll me, flattered as i am perhaps you should set up a dedicated thread for that purpose in General Nonsense now..?

Edit: perhaps you can take it to Rick's dedicated thread too Dibbles Old PB?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Don't see a Director of Football being the way forward really- is this not what the General Manager should be doing? He was fairly prominent when we signed Teale & Thommo but he's disappeared since then.

I can't understand why the Board have failed to protect their investment. Totally get that they want out, have ran out of ideas etc. but if they can't sell up and don't want to play an active part then recruit a Chief Executive who has complete control in the way the girl at Motherwell had.

I hate the way folk go on about "the whole football experience has to be great" but maybe we need someone who can understand this that can run things on behalf of the Board as the

sooner they realise no one wants to buy a business that can't make a profit and that they need to get back involved the better.

Depends on how you define the DoF role. Should our General Manager be determining coaching direction? No. Should a GM be involved in the management of non-footballing staff? Yes.

I think that there would be benefit in aspects of the DoF being in place at St Mirren. A responsibility for setting consistent coaching style to be adopted across the club, recruiting coaches who will work to that strategy, taking away the day to day mangement of footballing related issues and let coaches do just coaching, and providing guidance on who to handle things to younger coaches. Bizarrely I thought in the summer after letting Lennon leave that we would have benefited from Tommy Craig as a Director of Football and bringing in a young coach like Ian Murray to work under him.

Depends on how you define the DoF role. Should our General Manager be determining coaching direction? No. Should a GM be involved in the management of non-footballing staff? Yes.

I think that there would be benefit in aspects of the DoF being in place at St Mirren. A responsibility for setting consistent coaching style to be adopted across the club, recruiting coaches who will work to that strategy, taking away the day to day mangement of footballing related issues and let coaches do just coaching, and providing guidance on who to handle things to younger coaches. Bizarrely I thought in the summer after letting Lennon leave that we would have benefited from Tommy Craig as a Director of Football and bringing in a young coach like Ian Murray to work under him.

Agree apart from the TC and IM choices. TC is a good coach,thats is his forte and it isn't going to change now. IM is a plodder, not bad, not good, not needed.

If you stoop to continual trolling Rick youre gonna come up smelling of shit! Might be worth reading back that I and most others came onto this thread to talk about our club. You seem to have come on to troll me, flattered as i am perhaps you should set up a dedicated thread for that purpose in General Nonsense now..?

Edit: perhaps you can take it to Rick's dedicated thread too Dibbles Old PB?

Stooping to continual trolling? According to you. That's too funny. There is a forum board on this very site where YOU were and still are the continual troll! Also loved your bit about deflection in a previous post up the page. When I had pointed out that you can't even be consistent in your personal attacks on rea and end up contradicting your own previous moans your only reply was to make a suggestion about aliases.

Stuart Dickson?

I use my name. I would use my full Christian name too, but when the internet was invented back in the day, I initially used it to keep in touch with family in Sydney, down under in Oz, so simply inserted 'oz' between P Baird.

Same username on feeshal' forum, Denver Broncos forum, P&B forum.

Multiple alias trolls can fcuk off as far as I'm concerned. The worst kind being those banned for being complete cnuts, who just come back and continue to be complete cunts under another shite username/guise.

Edited by pozbaird

I use my name. I would use my full Christian name too, but when the internet was invented back in the day, I initially used it to keep in touch with family in Sydney, down under in Oz, so simply inserted 'oz' between P Baird.

Same username on feeshal' forum, Denver Broncos forum, P&B forum.

Multiple alias trolls can fcuk off as far as I'm concerned. The worst kind being those banned for being complete cnuts, who just come back and continue to be complete cunts under another shite username/guise.

100% correct.

Why is this?

No moderation could be the answer?

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out the "new" forum members are these "cnuts" yet still goes "unnoticed".

You have just answered possibly one of the biggest trolls of all time.