The Green Vermin F.c. Match On Good Friday

shull

We'll lose. Thread started by shull. No need to concern ourselves with starting Xi's or tactics.

We never use any tactics anyway, but with ST.Mirren you just never know what the score is likely to be. Perhaps Celtic will do as they did in the LC semi-final of 2013 and take it for granted they will win.

£25!!!! lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif Would love to know how many they sell to St Mirren fans at that price. Doubt it will run into three figures. What an absolute joke!!

I am going. Could be the last game against this horrid scummy mob for some time. I am absolutely dreading the vile patter and the inevetible relegation goading but I hope and pray we show some real Paisley balls and hump them. I am wearing the lucky scarf. If we win and I genuinely believe we can I will look forward to the greatest ever escape and in my heart I believe we can still do it. If we lie down and show no fight at all then this goes down as the worst shower of shite to wear the stripes and they can all fek off.COYS STMTID X

Edited by magnus

I am going. Could be the last game against this horrid scummy mob for some time. I am absolutely dreading the vile patter and the inevetible relegation goading but I hope and pray we show some real Paisley balls and hump them. I am wearing the lucky scarf. If we win and I genuinely believe we can I will look forward to the greatest ever escape and in my heart I believe we can still do it. If we lie down and show no fight at all then this goes down as the worst shower of shite to wear the stripes and they can all fek off.COYS STMTID X

Why huv you no been wearing your " lucky scarf " all Season ? whistling.gif

Edited by shull

In 1966 / 67 - a similarly bad year for us as we were relegated - being 2nd bottom of the league, we went to Darkheid and drew with the impending European Champions 1-1.

I recall we were being beaten by just about everyone, Celtic too were sweeping most aside in the league, and at the same time we had already been beaten by Celtic 8-2 in the League Cup earlier in August, but to everyone's amazement we went and stole a point from them. That Celtic team was stacked full of the same side that went on to win the European Cup in 1967.

So it can be done................ believe! thumbup2.gif

I love some fans blind faith and downright positivity regarding the result, however anything less than a 4 0 defeat is a good result for us.

For the first time in many years I will not be attending a Saints - Sellic game as I have no faith in the current board, team or management to dig us out of this hole and I frankly have better things to spend £25 quid on at present.. As mentioned previously we managed to get results against Selllic when the chips were down, 1 1 in the late 80's when McAvennie missed a penalty (allegedly on purpose) and the unforgettable 4 0 victory after the League Cup final debacle. Don't see anything other than a heavy defeat and don't hold out much hope for the Motherwell or Ross County games either, although the manager says he will start to bring in major changes to the team (no doubt drop Dayton and replace him with Cheesy, yipppeeeeee).

Yet another get out game for Gary Teale in his miserable tenure as manager. No points expected and anything less than an absolute pasting deemed to be acceptable. I dont blame him entirely but its a pathetic appointment yet again. The utter audacity to charge £25 for yet another certain defeat is what sticks in my craw though. I wouldnt have been going anyway but its a slap in the face for fans who have not already thrown the towel in. Almost tempted to hope that Celtic take it out on the team ( they will anyway) but the board down at GHR are utterly despicable for their dereliction of duty for seasons now.

Yet another get out game for Gary Teale in his miserable tenure as manager. No points expected and anything less than an absolute pasting deemed to be acceptable. I dont blame him entirely but its a pathetic appointment yet again. The utter audacity to charge £25 for yet another certain defeat is what sticks in my craw though. I wouldnt have been going anyway but its a slap in the face for fans who have not already thrown the towel in. Almost tempted to hope that Celtic take it out on the team ( they will anyway) but the board down at GHR are utterly despicable for their dereliction of duty for seasons now.

We should have made it £50 a ticket as bar ST holders barely any of our fans appear to be attending going by postings on here and at that price we would have fleeced Septic at least off the park if not on it. SMFC know Septic will bring 2000 plus fans regardless of what we charge so that is what is driving the pricing here. I'm not in any way saying the pricing is correct but that's the cold hard economic facts of it.

We should have made it £50 a ticket as bar ST holders barely any of our fans appear to be attending going by postings on here and at that price we would have fleeced Septic at least off the park if not on it. SMFC know Septic will bring 2000 plus fans regardless of what we charge so that is what is driving the pricing here. I'm not in any way saying the pricing is correct but that's the cold hard economic facts of it.

Celtic fans are football fans like the rest of us and shouldnt be fleeced just because there are lots of them.

Celtic fans are football fans like the rest of us and shouldnt be fleeced just because there are lots of them.

You clearly haven't been to Darkheid before (not that I have bar hospitality in 20 plus years). Shitty restricted view seats miles from the pitch and paying more than we are charging them to be slung out by over zealous stewards for standing up. They reep what they sow and I won't be losing any sleep over their "plight" Edited by Ayrshire Saints

It seem's a few of our season ticket holders aren't for going either, already been

offered 3 freebies from mates and family who can't be arsed with this match, Thankfully

I'm working away from home and wont be back until Saturday... it's the boozer for me..

The Motherwell game, well that's a different matter, got a week off work so defo be there..

If I was home I would be there simply because we are in the shit and needs as many fans as possible to cheer the boys on.

Have not seen St Mirren beat Celtic often enough in my book. However I have seen St Mirren beat Celtic as long as there is a chance there is a chance.

Great to hear the real true hard core are going along to support the team

I'll be there up until the 3rd goal...

Me too.

Until I change the channel........................

It makes you wonder why some people bother being fans of a Football Club like St. Mirren at all. It really does.

Edited by iTony