Championship 2015/16

We've never shown the level of ambition that other clubs have reaching the SPL. Even after ridiculous escapes we've rewarded the players with a holiday in the sun and gone back to doing the exact same thing the next year. We've been dam lucky to have had the run we've had in the top flight because others have messed up more. Despite being 'established' we've regularly finished below the promoted teams who've had one summer to strengthen their teams for the SPL.
Cost cutting and gambling on the hope one team would be weaker ... We don't really deserve our place and this year our luck ran out and the repercussions don't bear thinking about.

I fear we could now become a Raith or a Falkirk just always finishing 4/5th in

4th gets you into the playoffs for a wee bit of end of season interest. If we approach the Championship positively who knows we might have some fun, and when was the last time fun was mentioned around SMFC?

This current St.mirren squad would struggle in the championship, powderpuff the lot of them.

We badly needed a clear out last summer, but it was decided that continuity was best.

If/when we go down, there has to be a clear out of the management team and most of the squad. We're an absolute mess just now, and I struggle to think of anyone I'd be too bothered about seeing leave. Too many players/staff have been at the club for too long accepting mediocrity, and seeing it accepted by all around them.

We badly needed a clear out last summer, but it was decided that continuity was best.

If/when we go down, there has to be a clear out of the management team and most of the squad. We're an absolute mess just now, and I struggle to think of anyone I'd be too bothered about seeing leave. Too many players/staff have been at the club for too long accepting mediocrity, and seeing it accepted by all around them.

Not really sure about the too long for players, apart from maybe Wylde & Reilly (lack of development for Reilly & Wylde is just pish) The others are all relatively recent, even Cheesy could be decent back up. Next season could see us starting with Kelly, Cheesy, Mallan, Naismith, McLear and having to build from there. Sadly, we can't afford fees so the rebuilding will involve freebies and more step ups from the under 20's. Thommo may even still be around, but Goodwin should move on as we can do without his inability to mark. The kids may see the benefit of this season, if we go 10 pts adrift of Well then we could even blood some more.

If we are to go down, it really depends who we hold on to. If we can keep all our young(ish) players like Mcginn Mallan Naismith Kelly Mclear etc then I think the slight drop down in quality could let them shine. A couple of key signings/loans like a striker and a CB and we could have a decent team.

It would likely be us, Rangers/Hibs/Motherwell, Falkirk and QOS pushing for promotion so could be pretty entertaining at least.

If we are to go down, it really depends who we hold on to. If we can keep all our young(ish) players like Mcginn Mallan Naismith Kelly Mclear etc then I think the slight drop down in quality could let them shine. A couple of key signings/loans like a striker and a CB and we could have a decent team.

It would likely be us, Rangers/Hibs/Motherwell, Falkirk and QOS pushing for promotion so could be pretty entertaining at least.

If you want entertainment go to the cinema don't go to the Championship.

If you want entertainment go to the cinema don't go to the Championship.

Can't be worse that what we've witnessed this season, think it's 8 home goals so far and 5 points? I could have seen a lot of films for the price of my season ticket bangin.gif

Edited by irvine_buddie

No thanks, neither is good enough I'm afraid.