Motherwell Away

stlucifer

I've witnessed 4 relegations with Saints, but I always felt that there was some hope. Not this time. The battle to stay up when Tom Hendrie was in charge was one of the most exciting ever. The players gave everything, albeit too late in the day. The current lot don't seem to have it in them for a scrap.

There was quite a bit more fight in them on Friday but you have to wonder if that was for the cause or the players looking to get themselves a move before we slide silently into the Championship. The lack of fight all season and lack of pride in representing SMFC makes this relegation one of the hardest to understand or accept. Difficult not to feel very angry with all concerned.

Now is not the time to look for people to blame for our current situation, too much energy is being wasted on blaming and abusing people.

If you genuinely care about SMFC then you simply must make an effort to get to the Motherwell and Ross county games if you can, Then channel all your energy into backing the team on the park at these games and the games after the split.
Please do not wait until the deciding game, show you care by getting along to these games.

Now is not the time to look for people to blame for our current situation, too much energy is being wasted on blaming and abusing people.

If you genuinely care about SMFC then you simply must make an effort to get to the Motherwell and Ross county games if you can, Then channel all your energy into backing the team on the park at these games and the games after the split.

Please do not wait until the deciding game, show you care by getting along to these games.

Totally agree. Let's see what is served up tomorrow. I have absolute confidence in the support.

Totally agree. Let's see what is served up tomorrow. I have absolute confidence in the support.

Aye, Wee Gus for all his faults, and ignoring fans was one of his worst, actually commented on how the amazing support displayed before and during the Falkirk game was a major factor in inspiring the team to that memorable win.

Aye, Wee Gus for all his faults, and ignoring fans was one of his worst, actually commented on how the amazing support displayed before and during the Falkirk game was a major factor in inspiring the team to that memorable win.

Feeling the goosebumps already.....

This is from SMISA on Facebook.Attention St Mirren fans - your club needs you! Right now the club's SPL status is hanging in the balance and the next two games are among the biggest the club has faced in years.

We all know this season has been an epic disappointment for many reasons, both in terms of results on the park and decisions made off it. But ultimately when the players walk out at Motherwell tomorrow and against Ross County on Monday, that doesn't matter - all that does is them getting the points we need to keep ourselves in with a chance of survival.

We all know what is at stake and what the likely cost of relegation will be - cuts on and off the park and a scaling back of our excellent youth academy which does so much good for the club and community. Paisley needs and deserves a top-league football team but it could be a long time until it has one again if the club goes down now.

So SMiSA is issuing a rallying call to all fans to get themselves through to Fir Park on Tuesday night and put on a show of support for the team.

In seasons gone by St Mirren have often been at their best when faced with a do-or-die relegation game. Gus MacPherson once talked about how the incredible atmosphere created by the fans pre-match at Falkirk in 2009 inspired the players to the outstanding performance and victory that followed, so don't think for a second that you can't make a difference.

And nobody will ever forget what happened at Fir Park in 2007 on a day when everything looked lost.

Everybody could see the levels of workrate and commitment from the players on Friday night against Celtic, and there was quality on show too. So let's show our young team that we are with them every step of the way and none of us are going down without a fight

If you weren't planning on doing so already, get yourself through to Motherwell tomorrow night and make some noise in support of our team. Get there early, get ready to roar the team on to a result, and get this post shared so others can do the same.

6 Likes5 Comments2 Shares

Like Comment Share

Edited by buddiecat

This is from SMISA on Facebook.Attention St Mirren fans - your club needs you! Right now the club's SPL status is hanging in the balance and the next two games are among the biggest the club has faced in years.We all know this season has been an epic disappointment for many reasons, both in terms of results on the park and decisions made off it. But ultimately when the players walk out at Motherwell tomorrow and against Ross County on Monday, that doesn't matter - all that does is them getting the points we need to keep ourselves in with a chance of survival.We all know what is at stake and what the likely cost of relegation will be - cuts on and off the park and a scaling back of our excellent youth academy which does so much good for the club and community. Paisley needs and deserves a top-league football team but it could be a long time until it has one again if the club goes down now.So SMiSA is issuing a rallying call to all fans to get themselves through to Fir Park on Tuesday night and put on a show of support for the team.In seasons gone by St Mirren have often been at their best when faced with a do-or-die relegation game. Gus MacPherson once talked about how the incredible atmosphere created by the fans pre-match at Falkirk in 2009 inspired the players to the outstanding performance and victory that followed, so don't think for a second that you can't make a difference.And nobody will ever forget what happened at Fir Park in 2007 on a day when everything looked lost.Everybody could see the levels of workrate and commitment from the players on Friday night against Celtic, and there was quality on show too. So let's show our young team that we are with them every step of the way and none of us are going down without a fightIf you weren't planning on doing so already, get yourself through to Motherwell tomorrow night and make some noise in support of our team. Get there early, get ready to roar the team on to a result, and get this post shared so others can do the same.6 Likes5 Comments2 SharesLike Comment Share

From Tomorrow everyone needs to put the sheer short-sightedness, dire feckin decisions of this season to one side and get right behind the Saints. If yOu call yourself a fan then surely you want to see the team fight for their, and our survival?

Suspend the acrimony and witch-hunts now till season end, One Town, One Team, One Support all as one!

http://youtu.be/J1_JJiaAwqk

Edited by Lord Pityme

From Tomorrow everyone needs to put the sheer short-sightedness, dire feckin decisions of this season to one side and get right behind the Saints. If yOu call yourself a fan then surely you want to see the team fight for their, and our survival?

Suspend the acrimony and witch-hunts now till season end, One Town, One Team, One Support all as one!http://youtu.be/J1_JJiaAwqk

Exactly, spot on Lord P!

we do get behind team

maybe time for some players to show what it takes to stay up

a bit off fighting spirit ,for the whole 90+min

and maybe we will believe in the impossible dream

not the nightmare we have had

Don't worry I do get it and can see it's been a horrible season, but it's important that the fans turn up agains tomorrow and make that 12th man - be loud and be heard, the players do feed off it!

Folk going on about the last the 3 2 game a few years ago. Back then we had a team with players with personality and a team spirit and a manager that could get results.

And also that game it was £5. To get. In. Tomorow. £23 for an adult

Won't be anymore than 7-800 saints favs there tomorow I for one. Will be watching it in house despite traveling to Perth dundee and Aberdeen. No chance we will win tomorow

Folk going on about the last the 3 2 game a few years ago. Back then we had a team with players with personality and a team spirit and a manager that could get results.

Won't be anymore than 7-800 saints favs there tomorow I for one. Will be watching it in house despite traveling to Perth dundee and Aberdeen. No chance we will win tomorow

We'll good for you big man, I will be there!

Aye, a fiver to get in.

I was there and it was magic.

All over the UK , BODs in all divisions are reacting by trying anything to avoid the drop , our BOD are sitting back and accepting it . We can apportion blame right now IMO!

That's Malky McKay away now , hasn't been in the job much longer than Teale , but these teams seem willing to take the financial hit of getting rid of their manager , rather than risking the massive financial hit of relegation. A lot of heads in the Greenhill Road sand I'm afraid !

Tell u what , in this doom laden season I can see the ultimate irony unfolding tomorrow night.

A significant number of years after Sutton saved us at Fir park , here comes the flip side, Sutton scores to all but condem us, omg , don't we just know it.

I cannae stomach the thought of it but that'll likely be the story with the twist , it's the St Mirren way, unfortunately.

The cost of admission, the game being a Tuesday night and the fact it's live on TV will mean a massive reduction in support compared to the games people refer to in this thread but the biggest difference in those games was we were one result from safety each time. We are 7 points from a play off and ten from automatic safety before tomorrow and that is the huge difference. There is no comparison between tomorrow night and the games at Falkirk, Stirling or Well previously no matter how much some people try build it up.

The cost of admission, the game being a Tuesday night and the fact it's live on TV will mean a massive reduction in support compared to the games people refer to in this thread but the biggest difference in those games was we were one result from safety each time. We are 7 points from a play off and ten from automatic safety before tomorrow and that is the huge difference. There is no comparison between tomorrow night and the games at Falkirk, Stirling or Well previously no matter how much some people try build it up.

Exactly. We need 4 falkirk's, motherwell's, Stirling's etc to get out of this. The game's are not comparable, in each of those it was a genuine do or die game. This one is a die or probably still die game!

Like a similar poster I've been all over the place following the team this year, but midweek, the likelihood of us getting horsed and being asked to pay £23 for the pleasure means I'll be watching on the box.

We'll have to be more expansive and attacking compared to how we setup against Celtic, so I don't think you can take a decent showing against them as an indicator that we can do the same tomorrow. We've struggled to score all season and I didn't see anything against Celtic that suggests we won't struggle again... As soon as we concede the first goal in games we look done for.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we pull off a result to give us a bit of hope for another week, but I can't see it.

Exactly. We need 4 falkirk's, motherwell's, Stirling's etc to get out of this. The game's are not comparable, in each of those it was a genuine do or die game. This one is a die or probably still die game!

Like a similar poster I've been all over the place following the team this year, but midweek, the likelihood of us getting horsed and being asked to pay £23 for the pleasure means I'll be watching on the box.

We'll have to be more expansive and attacking compared to how we setup against Celtic, so I don't think you can take a decent showing against them as an indicator that we can do the same tomorrow. We've struggled to score all season and I didn't see anything against Celtic that suggests we won't struggle again... As soon as we concede the first goal in games we look done for.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we pull off a result to give us a bit of hope for another week, but I can't see it.

Ah yes , I believe it was a quid to get into the game on 12/05/07 and certain posters still thought it was pricey. .