Motherwell Away

stlucifer

This is from SMISA on Facebook.Attention St Mirren fans - your club needs you! Right now the club's SPL status is hanging in the balance and the next two games are among the biggest the club has faced in years.

We all know this season has been an epic disappointment for many reasons, both in terms of results on the park and decisions made off it. But ultimately when the players walk out at Motherwell tomorrow and against Ross County on Monday, that doesn't matter - all that does is them getting the points we need to keep ourselves in with a chance of survival.

We all know what is at stake and what the likely cost of relegation will be - cuts on and off the park and a scaling back of our excellent youth academy which does so much good for the club and community. Paisley needs and deserves a top-league football team but it could be a long time until it has one again if the club goes down now.

So SMiSA is issuing a rallying call to all fans to get themselves through to Fir Park on Tuesday night and put on a show of support for the team.

In seasons gone by St Mirren have often been at their best when faced with a do-or-die relegation game. Gus MacPherson once talked about how the incredible atmosphere created by the fans pre-match at Falkirk in 2009 inspired the players to the outstanding performance and victory that followed, so don't think for a second that you can't make a difference.

And nobody will ever forget what happened at Fir Park in 2007 on a day when everything looked lost.

Everybody could see the levels of workrate and commitment from the players on Friday night against Celtic, and there was quality on show too. So let's show our young team that we are with them every step of the way and none of us are going down without a fight

If you weren't planning on doing so already, get yourself through to Motherwell tomorrow night and make some noise in support of our team. Get there early, get ready to roar the team on to a result, and get this post shared so others can do the same.

6 Likes5 Comments2 Shares

Like Comment Share

I think this is falling on deaf ears to be honest. I appear to be the only one from my group going. Apathy has set in for some it seems

To support St Mirren you've got to have a screw a wee bit loose, so get your phillips out, turn that screw a wee bit to the left and head to Fir Park tonight. No, it's not going to be the same as 2007 but a win tonight keeps things interesting. I don't think anyone believes that we can win 6 out of the last 7 games but IF we can win the next two the it'll be interesting to see how that affects Motherwell and RC.

The players need our backing and they can't hear you from your living room.

Exactly. We need 4 falkirk's, motherwell's, Stirling's etc to get out of this. The game's are not comparable, in each of those it was a genuine do or die game. This one is a die or probably still die game!

Like a similar poster I've been all over the place following the team this year, but midweek, the likelihood of us getting horsed and being asked to pay £23 for the pleasure means I'll be watching on the box.

We'll have to be more expansive and attacking compared to how we setup against Celtic, so I don't think you can take a decent showing against them as an indicator that we can do the same tomorrow. We've struggled to score all season and I didn't see anything against Celtic that suggests we won't struggle again... As soon as we concede the first goal in games we look done for.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we pull off a result to give us a bit of hope for another week, but I can't see it.

^^^this^^^^^

There is always hope, no doubt about that.

The reality though is that even a win leaves us deep in the shit as a result of a totally failing season, reality tells me its all but done.

Flip side, and there always is one, next week we could be 1 point behind Motherwell..................

................then I woke up

Relegation has been on the cards since the New Year, after a failing start to the season we failed to build any momentum at any given time. I honestly think the BoD completely underestimated our relegation opponents and somehow thought, it'll be ok, we'll dig ourselves out of this no problem

Erm naw bag.gif

I expect to be feeling a bit hungover tomorrow morning , it might last for a few weeks.

^^^this^^^^^

There is always hope, no doubt about that.

Relegation has been on the cards since the New Year....

For me relegation has been on the cards FOR SEVERAL SEASONS as Saints bumped along the bottom, never showing signs of shifting to the mythical next-level, but...

You're right, SN!

There is ALWAYS hope.

I'd accepted relegation before that Motherwell game under Gus, and saw the score in the same way I saw the photos of a London Bus being spotted on the moon. It was either a media lie or a mistake.

When it turned out to be true I had to have a wee sit-down. My heart was a-flutter. Fortunately, I was in a licensed hostelry, at the time. It had seats.

We must never forget that fitba is a funny old game, though sadly it has often been tears more than laughs.

I live in hope... :unsure:

I would go mad with joy IF we somehow pulled this off, yes greater escapes have happened, considering BOD have done everything they can to get us relegated.

Lets be totally honest, we deserve this, we are the poorest team, we have no strikers, what we do have is a great support, a leader in JG, a trier in GT and a f**kin muppet in our beloved BOD. 2009 was a very long time ago,

Disgusted by them and I really hope they piss off in the summer otherwise its League One here we come. I would take Rangers old board over this one ( well that's maybe a tad to far)

first of four "must win" games - all out attack from the first minute on -

Ridgers

Naismith Cheesy Genev Tess

Mallan McGinn

Sonupe Sadlier Dayton

Thommo

3-0 Saints (Thommo 34, sadlier 65,78)

COYS

Interesting line up, but there's hee haw chance GT will bench Goodwin in a game like this.

I think this is falling on deaf ears to be honest. I appear to be the only one from my group going. Apathy has set in for some it seems

Absolutely ! It's been a long journey ,including three relegations , for me and my family since my first game at Arbroath 48 years ago. However ,we won't be there tonight and it has to be said, the support has been abandoned by the club this season for the first time ever so we're just returning the favour !

For me relegation has been on the cards FOR SEVERAL SEASONS as Saints bumped along the bottom, never showing signs of shifting to the mythical next-level, but...

You're right, SN!

There is ALWAYS hope.

I'd accepted relegation before that Motherwell game under Gus, and saw the score in the same way I saw the photos of a London Bus being spotted on the moon. It was either a media lie or a mistake.

When it turned out to be true I had to have a wee sit-down. My heart was a-flutter. Fortunately, I was in a licensed hostelry, at the time. It had seats.

We must never forget that fitba is a funny old game, though sadly it has often been tears more than laughs.

I live in hope... unsure.png

Yes, I remember the mad hystertia of Fir Park that day, when Millen handled I thought , that's it, bye bye.

Then the madness unfolded, their keeper fumbled, the Mehemt pass into the onion bag then the Sutton slam, cue disbelief and utter joy, when combined with scores elsewhere, what a great day. Mates who had not attended said they couldn't believe Sky Sports banner, they were convinced it was wrong , as well as being slow in updating. Text messages from the game to the pub were keeping the inebriates informed, even then , they thought, nope, that score at Fir Park ain't happening.

Ah well, anyway, now the evil symmetry looms full circle, possibly with it all but ending at Motherwell.

Who knows, but I am completely embracing relegation, tbh I don't even think if we, by some miracle scraped survival, it would be any better next season.

Its time for a new computer, not even a major reboot will suffice !! In fact a relocation to Mumbai maybe , nah too far !

Regardless of tonights result, its too late now, by a long way.I watched the whole game the other night on tv and was disappointed that we didnt give it a real go against Celtic.there was no belief in the players and a few of them looked frightened to get tore into the opposition.I expect another defeat tonight which will only confirm what many of us have suspected since the start of the season.As for Gary Teale, you would think that someone given the chance (undesevedly)to manage a premier league team would have given it his best shot. By signing the likes of Arquin (lol)he has shot himself in the foot. Better start looking for a career outside of football, Gary. Oh, and not in the media either, given your inability to construct a coherent sentence.

Perhaps next season will see us win the odd game, even at home, for a big change.

Regardless of tonights result, its too late now, by a long way.I watched the whole game the other night on tv and was disappointed that we didnt give it a real go against Celtic.there was no belief in the players and a few of them looked frightened to get tore into the opposition.I expect another defeat tonight which will only confirm what many of us have suspected since the start of the season.As for Gary Teale, you would think that someone given the chance (undesevedly)to manage a premier league team would have given it his best shot. By signing the likes of Arquin (lol)he has shot himself in the foot. Better start looking for a career outside of football, Gary. Oh, and not in the media either, given your inability to construct a coherent sentence.

Perhaps next season will see us win the odd game, even at home, for a big change.

St Mirren will win tonight.

The Celtic game is a whole different prospect to the Motherwell game.

Saints will come out fighting to night and attack. It will be a cracking game with quite a few goals. Just a pity so many fans have thrown in the towel as Saints could do with a large vocal backing.

Best we can hope for is play off place which would be like a cup final.

Interesting line up, but there's hee haw chance GT will bench Goodwin in a game like this.

What no Jim Goodwin....... are you Mental Mykey...unsure.png

I sort of agree with Mykey.

Don't worry, Goodwin will come on for Mallan for the last 20 mins to stop Motherwell making a comeback thumbup2.gif