Motherwell Away

stlucifer

laugh.png

I shouldn't but honestly, it was men against boys last night.

Pathetic

There were points that Kelly looked like he was playing on an ice rink.

A few times both full backs ran in the wrong direction! That on top of the worst ever attempt to execute the offside trap.

Hilarious stuff for the nuetrals I'm sure. It looked as if we were playing Fifa and had split coffee on the xbox.

St Mirren will win tonight.

The Celtic game is a whole different prospect to the Motherwell game.

Saints will come out fighting to night and attack. It will be a cracking game with quite a few goals. Just a pity so many fans have thrown in the towel as Saints could do with a large vocal backing.

Best we can hope for is play off place which would be like a cup final.

I`m only replying because you picked me up on my own post. Would you possibly like to amend your comment and concede that the writing was on the wall all season ? you did get it right about there being quite a few goals, mind.Lol.

There were points that Kelly looked like he was playing on an ice rink.

A few times both full backs ran in the wrong direction! That on top of the worst ever attempt to execute the offside trap.

Hilarious stuff for the nuetrals I'm sure. It looked as if we were playing Fifa and had split coffee on the xbox.

Watched the highlights last night and it was appalling.

How every man and his dug can send out a rallying war cry for support. Beg fans to attend, and then play like that beggars belief!

every single person at the club should be ashamed of themselves.

Given the importance of the game and the league position of our opponents last night may possibly be one of the worst results in club history. The players on show last night were a disgrace and if none of them played for the club again it would be too soon.

How every man and his dug can send out a rallying war cry for support. Beg fans to attend, and then play like that beggars belief!

Squeaky bum time for the Jags now, not helped by our implosion.

I am utterly embarassed though , to acknowledge that eleven players conspired to put in that shift last night seals the deal. I've seen some dross in my time, stood by my team regardless, even find that I will defend them , like I found myself doing this morning , unreal.

St Mirren eh, if Carlsberg did team club implosions, we're the natural

Never mind , it might all work out and we can form a wee tripartite with the Ton, The Jags and The buds next season.

Local games for local people thumbup2.gif

It might not be that bad................

After taking time to reflect on the game last night I would like to remark on the positives - there are none, I would only keep Goodwin with the rest of 1st team playing staff and management being shown the door, the reasons for dropping the lot range from being over the hill and showing no fight right down to being absolutely no use at their current job, Gary Teale should walk now and take his assistant with him (the assistant could easily get a new job bringing through prospective actors for remakes of snow white)

After taking time to reflect on the game last night I would like to remark on the positives - there are none, I would only keep Goodwin with the rest of 1st team playing staff and management being shown the door, the reasons for dropping the lot range from being over the hill and showing no fight right down to being absolutely no use at their current job, Gary Teale should walk now and take his assistant with him (the assistant could easily get a new job bringing through prospective actors for remakes of snow white)

Yup, worst performance since 7-0 Raith. Players making history. Another guy who is gone is Thommo. Stick to Sportscence now my boy. He is putting himself first and way past his sell by, but TBF a Buddie Great.

As for the rest they will be lucky to get a game for any League 2 side. Teale needs to go bye bye

Squeaky bum time for the Jags now, not helped by our implosion.

I don't think so, to be honest, we've found some form since bringing back the first division championship players like Lawless, Craigen and Balatoni.

Form Since and including matches played 28th Feb:

Kilmarnock 5/15 points

Thistle 10/15

County 16/18

Motherwell 13/18

St Mirren 3/15

If we beat Motherwell on Saturday, we'll have both taken 13 for an available 21 points, so they won't have made up any ground on us. Worth bearing in mind we've spent 13 weeks now, in 9th position... with Dundee, Hamilton and Kilmarnock getting closer to us.

Last minute goals have been our downfall this season. i think 5 or 6 games have seen us drop points through last minute goals. If we'd kept it tight in the last 5 minutes of games, we'd have been a top 6 team this year.

If I was a Killie fan, then i'd be more worried!

Like a few on here I too will be renewing my season ticket, not because of the BOD,s the team, or any of the management but

because I am a St.Mirren supporter, always will be.

I am just as angry and sad, like many, the way the mighty and proud St.Mirren have been allowed, mainly by the BOD, too fall

from grace however I remain optimistic that we will be back in the premier league, if their is a complete change throughout

St.Mirren

Yup, worst performance since 7-0 Raith. Players making history. Another guy who is gone is Thommo. Stick to Sportscence now my boy. He is putting himself first and way past his sell by, but TBF a Buddie Great.

As for the rest they will be lucky to get a game for any League 2 side. Teale needs to go bye bye

Thommo's nose is out of joint and i don't blame him

I haven't read thru any of the posts from or after last night......I am pretty much deid inside....that was one disgrace of a game...absolute disgrace...I will renew my season ticket but right now my feelings for St.Mirren are..........MEH....just as I was finally going to go get my Saints tattoo :-(

I've been thinking since last night words to describe what I witnessed. Here's what I've came up with....

Shite.

Nope, sorry , have to disagree. Thats far too complimentary.

Shite is organic waste matter that has been through a useful process that started with the planned consumption of a nourishing or at least hopefully tasty substance or product

What was produced at Motherwell was inert, static, functionless, valueless waste.

Is that the same guy who sat out a large part of the season through stupid suspensions and admitted by him as such.No player should be absolved of blame in what has been the worse year ever watching St Mirren.They should all take a good look at themselves and while looking at the mirror ask the question,did i do enough for my team.The answer if they are honest is a profound no.Most will move on as St Mirren means f**k all to them.Its a job and some even have the cheek to call it work.Hurt has turned to anger now and in a few weeks they will be golfing and rolling about Magaluf while some staff will be issued with their p45,s.I find that hard to take.

Like a few on here I too will be renewing my season ticket, not because of the BOD,s the team, or any of the management but

because I am a St.Mirren supporter, always will be.

I am just as angry and sad, like many, the way the mighty and proud St.Mirren have been allowed, mainly by the BOD, too fall

from grace however I remain optimistic that we will be back in the premier league, if their is a complete change throughout

St.Mirren

And where do we, (the club), get the finances to make these sweeping changes positively?

IF their is a clear out it will be done on the cheap and we, (the supporters), will be left praying for a miracle insomuch as the replacements are competent enough to keep us out of the dreaded double relegation scenario.

Personally I can't see what can be done within the framework of the financial realities down Greenhill Road.

At best we are likely to be a mid table, small(er) team lurching from one payday to the next.

Edited to add. As things stand I'm unsure whether I'll pay upfront for games which may turn out to be torturous to witness.

Edited by stlucifer

And where do we, (the club), get the finances to make these sweeping changes positively?

IF their is a clear out it will be done on the cheap and we, (the supporters), will be left praying for a miracle insomuch as the replacements are competent enough to keep us out of the dreaded double relegation scenario.

Personally I can't see what can be done within the framework of the financial realities down Greenhill Road.

At best we are likely to be a mid table, small(er) team lurching from one payday to the next.

Edited to add. As things stand I'm unsure whether I'll pay upfront for games which may turn out to be torturous to witness.

Next season's team...

A goalie picked up from League One

Naismith - Cheesy - CB from League One/Baird - Kelly

McLear/Brown - Mallan - Goodwin/CM from League One or an experienced guy from Champ - Morgan/Sadlier

Thommo - Reilly/Youth player

Next season's team...

McLear/Brown - Mallan - Goodwin/CM from League One or an experienced guy from Champ - Morgan/Sadlier

You have Morgan/Sadlier - are you saying that you see them as being on a par with each other quality/ability wise??

Next season's team...

And the next season?

A goalie from the juniors

A second division right back, Cheesey, CB from the West stand, Kelly

McLear, Brown, Goodwin, Phil.

Thommo(walking stick at hand), Youth Player. (or Reilly if we can't find one)

It might be okay for the 1st Division though!

As a saints fan just to witness a winning team, irrespective of what division we are in, would be a novelty. I've never actually been at a game that sealed our relegation as I left before any of that happened so I'm truly sorry for anyone who sits through that. On to next season and if we start to win on a regular basis the crowds will improve and the fans will be happy. A winning team is more inspiring and important to supporters than the league we happen to be in at the time. Maybe I'm talking shite trying to make myself feel better but I love my club and to see it in the state its in two years after the euphoria of the cup win is really really sad.

Trying to be positive here

By not renewing Cheesys , Kello,s and Teales contract , we could bring in 6 very good part timers and give them a better wage than they are currently on , Not renewing Wildes , Tesselar , Arquin , Gow , Genevs , and Daytons contracts should allow us to bring in 6 decent experienced Championship standard players and make a few savings

I would keep Thompson , Goodwin , Ridgers , Kelly , Naismith , Mallan , McLear and McGinn , Throw in a couple of loanees , and we should have a decent enough squad to compete next season.

Attendances won,t be the massive drop as in previous years , and more Saints fans might pay through the gate on a weekly basis if there is a winning team and a feelgood factor .

Its about getting the right manager in , and creating a feelgood factor within the club.

By not renewing Cheesys , Kello,s and Teales contract , we could bring in 6 very good part timers and give them a better wage than they are currently on , Not renewing Wildes , Tesselar , Arquin , Gow , Genevs , and Daytons contracts should allow us to bring in 6 decent experienced Championship standard players and make a few savings

I would keep Thompson , Goodwin , Ridgers , Kelly , Naismith , Mallan , McLear and McGinn , Throw in a couple of loanees , and we should have a decent enough squad to compete next season.

Attendances won,t be the massive drop as in previous years , and more Saints fans might pay through the gate on a weekly basis if there is a winning team and a feelgood factor .

Its about getting the right manager in , and creating a feelgood factor within the club.

Why on earth do people want to keep Thompson? He's been a great servant, but this season has shown that he's done. He should be moving on to coaching, and not necessarily with us.

McLear over Sadlier, what planet are you on???