Bill Leckie Column.

Does anyone know how many of our players are out of contract at the end of the season?

It's something I hadn't thought about and is quite worrying as they wont give a f**k if they are offski anyway.

Easier saying who isn't out of contract! By my reckoning Naismith, Kelly, Goodwin and Mallan are the only ones, although I think Ridgers is contracted too. And of course there's Teale.

Edited by Stu

Exactly what happened to Hibs last season, most of the squad were told their contracts weren't being renewed.

Only difference is we wont have to endure a play-off.

Aye, with a bit of effort and lots of belief, we can finish 10th.

I think Cheesy would be fine with a decent goalie (like Sammson) behind him and a proper CH be s ide him.

I,m kinda hoping that Cheesy , Genev and Goody might tighten things up defensively , and maybe get us going on a good run , one always has to try and be optimistic , though one finds it very hard these days.

Goodwin, Kelly, Mallan, Naismith, Ridgers and Teale - and a one year option on Ball. According to www.stmirren.info, that is.

A one year option on Ball. Seriously, I think I just keeched my drawers there. Time for a shower and a new pair of briefs.

Isn't Thompson on a one year option type deal too?

Think that was last season - both him and Teale had one year deals with an automatic one year extension if they played a certain number of games. Thompson got that while Teale got a two year deal when he became player/coach.

Think that was last season - both him and Teale had one year deals with an automatic one year extension if they played a certain number of games. Thompson got that while Teale got a two year deal when he became player/coach.

You could be right, but I seem to remember him in an interview stating that since he'd be here next season, he better get his arse in gear to contributing to us staying up.

That's worked well so far............................whistling.gif

Just found the quote below, so maybe a desire to stay, as opposed to a contracted arrangement.

“I try not to give these people any scope. During games I always make sure I work extremely hard. Obviously not playing is a problem. But I’m aiming to be back before Christmas and I want to do well enough to earn another year’s contract in the summer, which was the aim before I got injured.”

Edited by FTOF

• 3 weeks later...