A Message From The Saints Bod

I think the BOD should remain in the background at all times, good and bad. It's not up them to come out and do rallying calls for the fans, they're fans themselves after all, with businesses and families of their own to worry about.

If you want to chuck it and not go to anymore games this season because the BOD won't give you some kind of tub thumping motivational statement then that's your choice. You are in the minority though. I'm pretty sure most fans aren't that bothered by stuff like that, and indeed most wouldn't even read any statement issued by the BOD.

A sponsored throwing of rotten fruit & vegetables after our final game might be appropriate -

You choose a director buy a basket for say a fiver and throw the contents from the penalty spot while your chosen director is chained to a set of stocks on the goalline!

Buy a basket?

Season Tickets valid?

So, let me get this straight...

You want the BoD to issue a statement along the lines of

"We are really sorry for our lack of effort this season. We were too tired to be bothered thinking too much about the decisions we made. Unfortunately this means we are going to be relegated. Its all our fault. We'll see if we can be bothered to try a little harder next season.

In the meantime, please come out and support the team. They could do with your support, especially as we can't be arsed ourselves. And here, we'll knock £5 off the gate price, its the least we can do in light of how lazy we've been."

Pretty much hits the nail on the head, apart from the £5 discount bit.

I think the BOD should remain in the background at all times, good and bad. It's not up them to come out and do rallying calls for the fans, they're fans themselves after all, with businesses and families of their own to worry about.

If you want to chuck it and not go to anymore games this season because the BOD won't give you some kind of tub thumping motivational statement then that's your choice. You are in the minority though. I'm pretty sure most fans aren't that bothered by stuff like that, and indeed most wouldn't even read any statement issued by the BOD.

Aye right!

You came on this thread as it states ' message from the Saints Bod' and hundreds would have read the thread. If you had invested thousands of pounds, you wouldn't sit quietly in the background as the threat of relegation is almost a reality.

And what thread are YOU actually reading ? I have never said I would chuck it....and would never! If being a passionate Saints fan who wants to shake some life into an ailing board, and some supporters, makes me in the minority then so be it. But I don't think I am.

Aye right!

You came on this thread as it states ' message from the Saints Bod' and hundreds would have read the thread. If you had invested thousands of pounds, you wouldn't sit quietly in the background as the threat of relegation is almost a reality.

And what thread are YOU actually reading ? I have never said I would chuck it....and would never! If being a passionate Saints fan who wants to shake some life into an ailing board, and some supporters, makes me in the minority then so be it. But I don't think I am.

I don't think you are either and why wouldn't the BoD want to speak to loyal fans and customers.

If you had invested thousands of pounds, you wouldn't sit quietly in the background as the threat of relegation is almost a reality.

So, let me get this straight (again)...

because the BoD haven't issued a statement apologising for their laziness and pleading for supporters to support the team, this means they are sitting about quietly in the background?

Do you think they just sit about all day at the stadium, waiting for letters to fall off above the main door?

:lol:

because the BoD haven't issued a statement apologising for their laziness and pleading for supporters to support the team, this means they are sitting about quietly in the background?

Do you think they just sit about all day at the stadium, waiting for letters to fall off above the main door?

:lol:

Yes

Aye right!

I don't believe you're in the minority either. However, there are some people on here would argue black was white just to get a reaction.

lol.gif:

Was it the letter 'l'?

See below...

Yes

Are you American, Buddie? unsure.png

Edited by bluto

The point aye was making was Top Cat says saints fans wouldn't read any statement by the board. I was mearly pointing out that the thread wss viewed 638 times. I agree though, it could have been read by 2 people 319 times each.

638 views? Whoa thats me convinced :lol:

I'm pretty sure the majority of Saints fans couldn't even name our board of directors. Could you? Fans care about what's going on in the park. When it's going well there's no issue. When it's going badly they search for a scapegoat. It was the manager earlier in the season. Now it's the board.

The reality is the BOD are no more or less involved now than they have been for the last 5 years or so - which happens to have been the most successful period in the clubs modern history. Yet their involvement is suddenly an issue because we are bottom of the league. If we stay up these threads will vanish again. If we are bottom next season they will come back.

638 views? Whoa thats me convinced :lol:

I'm pretty sure the majority of Saints fans couldn't even name our board of directors. Could you? Fans care about what's going on in the park. When it's going well there's no issue. When it's going badly they search for a scapegoat. It was the manager earlier in the season. Now it's the board.

The reality is the BOD are no more or less involved now than they have been for the last 5 years or so - which happens to have been the most successful period in the clubs modern history. Yet their involvement is suddenly an issue because we are bottom of the league. If we stay up these threads will vanish again. If we are bottom next season they will come back.

Load of rubbish. This is not a new problem which has only arisen now we're bottom of the league! Many of us have been saying for a couple of years now that the board have chucked it and are only interested in cost cutting now. Nothing to do with the league position, just look at our squad which is mostly boys now!

The league position is a direct result of the boards unwillingness and laziness in running the club and a result of the cost cutting measures from top to bottom. It's not a case of fans looking for a scapegoat because we're going out the league!

Edited by Big Yards

Totally agree... nothing worse than a chairman who runs on the field after his teams

just won a cup and stick's his face in every camera that will listen to him, or the type

that sit up the back of a team coach, then go round the town in an open top bus with

the players as if he'd scored a last minute winner.... they get right oan yer tits...

But worst off all I cant stand those chairmen who run to the media and greet like big

weans why we should let a brand new football club go straight in to the top league

after there previous disguise cheated the whole league for years...

So your correct that's why all chairmen should just keep their gubs shut.. especially

when their the main reason there club's had one c**t of a season....

Load of rubbish. This is not a new problem which has only arisen now we're bottom of the league! Many of us have been saying for a couple of years now that the board have chucked it and are only interested in cost cutting now. Nothing to do with the league position, just look at our squad which is mostly boys now!

The league position is a direct result of the boards unwillingness and laziness in running the club and a result of the cost cutting measures from top to bottom. It's not a case of fans looking for a scapegoat because we're going out the league!

I don't remember seeing many of these threads in the aftermath of the league cup win. Do you? Could you link to them?

Of course we have been cost cutting. We have been cost cutting because there's less money being coming in due to factors outwith our control (No Hearts, Hibs or Rangers and no League sponsor).

It would have been irresponsible for us not to cost cut when our income has been cut, don't you agree? Do you think we should have kept costs the same? If so, where do you think the money to pay for the shortfall in income should have came from?

I don't get you Top Cat. Unless you or your close friends are members of our BOD then your stance and defence of them just don't make any sense. And as you were attempting to speak for thousands of Saints fans by suggesting they couldn't name the BOD or care about what's going on in the boardroom, the arrogance was oozing from your pours. Of course the fans are interested in how their club is run. Just take a look at the Saints for Sale threads. I wouldn't want to see SG run onto the park! That's just to much work for him!!

The board say they are tired, poor them. We're all tired, tired of the lack of enthusiasm and direction. Stale,stale,stale. We are a community club and should expect the board to stay in touch with the fans, through good times and bad. If they cant, they should chuck it.

Well said that man!