10000 Hours - Re-Loaded?

Lord Pityme

Yes LP, looks like the way to chosen by the board is to leak info via BAWA, you have to wonder why the board choose to give info to one person about this, when they could easily give the info to the fans groups directly, they may have given the info to the fans council we may never know this though because they have had to sign a confidentiality agreement about disclosing info to other fans, their reason for being is quite clearly to do as told by the board. Until proven otherwise I have to treat this info in the same way I treated the nonsense about "the club being sold and an announcement will be made this week" that was a real howler

Don't be silly.

It would be in the up to date fans council minutes....

Edit to add -

Has the council meet its aims?

I would say definitely not.

So far a bunch if raffles and eh... we've had a tent?

"To act as an intermediary between the Club and the FansTo share knowledge and best practice and to improve relationships between the various stakeholders, in particular the relationship between the Fans and the Club.

To provide a good communication flow, between the Club and the Fans.

To provide a platform for the Fans to ensure they are involved in appropriate decision making.

To act as the prime movers in various fund raising initiatives for the mutual benefit of the Club, the Fans and the Community."

Edited by davidg

Yes LP, looks like the way to chosen by the board is to leak info via BAWA, you have to wonder why the board choose to give info to one person about this, when they could easily give the info to the fans groups directly, they may have given the info to the fans council we may never know this though because they have had to sign a confidentiality agreement about disclosing info to other fans, their reason for being is quite clearly to do as told by the board. Until proven otherwise I have to treat this info in the same way I treated the nonsense about "the club being sold and an announcement will be made this week" that was a real howler

It was such an obvious, clumsy contrived debacle involving supposed board leaks, REA just happening back on the scene and a few people suggesting 'yeah Richard have another go'... It just goes to show the level of contempt they hold real fans in FFS... It appears the Bod only want to pass the club onto one guy now and he's f**ked it up three times so far..... Jeez.

Bring back Tommy thats what i say, he could have another go too..!

I have been quietly reading this topic and the varying views which everyone is quite rightly allowed to express.

To be honest the possibility of some of us fans being willing to look at FO again and the enthusiasm shown by those has been the only bright spark in the last few dire months. I actually feel pretty upbeat even with relegation a certainty.

I'm in because I love my club, I genuinely believe we can make the club a much better community club and grow our support in that way. There are loads of great ideas that come from this forum and it would be fantastic to see some come to fruition. If it doesn't come off and some other group comes forward so be it, we tried and won't be left wondering what if. For those that don't want to be involved that's fine, I understand and respect that, but I also know you'll support those who want to give it a go in other ways.

I'm upset with where the club is, I want to do something about it if I can.

So whilst I accept the concerns generated by some I'd prefer to remain positive and excited about this opportunity (if there is one) there has been so many negative feelings this season it hurts.

I've always dreamed of being a bigger part of the club, I'm putting my £10 away each month starting now, if I don't end up using it on St Mirren I'm sure I'll be able to use it to help some other good cause.

I'm down in Cheshire so would be limited as to what I could do, but willing to help in anyway I can. Oh, and I retire in 3 and a bit years and my wife is desperate for me to have a plan !

Edited due to my dreadful spelling

Edited by Derek

I have been quietly reading this topic and the varying views which everyone is quite rightly allowed to express.

To be honest the possibility of some of us fans being willing to look at FO again and the enthusiasm shown by those has been the only bright spark in the last few dire months. I actually feel pretty upbeat even with relegation a certainty.

I'm in because I love my club, I genuinely believe we can make the club a much better community club and grow our support in that way. There are loads of great ideas that come from this forum and it would be fantastic to see some come to fruition. If it doesn't come off and some other group comes forward so be it, we tried and won't be left wondering what if. For those that don't want to be involved that's fine, I understand and respect that, but I also know you'll support those who want to give it a go in other ways.

So whilst I accept the concerns generated by some I'd prefer to remain positive and excited about this opportunity, there has been so many negative feelings this season it hurts.

I've always dreamed of being a bigger part of the club, I'm putting my £10 away each month starting now, if I don't end up using it on St Mirren I'm sure I'll be able to use it to help some other good cause.

I'm down in Cheshire so would be limited as to what I could do, but willing to help in anyway I can. Oh, and I retire in 3 and a bit years and my wife is desperate for my to have a plan !

Cheers Brocky ;)

(Only joking I know your interweb access will be strictly monitored, much like visits to hospital etc...)

Edited by Lord Pityme

That's what I've been trying to say all week - no-one really knows nuthin'... So until the sellers open up and say something, no fans should be jumping in to make some sort of 'first move' whatsoever.

I know Poz , I have taken notice of your excellent posting all week, and the above post is spot on.

So whilst I accept the concerns generated by some I'd prefer to remain positive and excited about this opportunity (if there is one) there has been so many negative feelings this season it hurts.

I'm down in Cheshire so would be limited as to what I could do, but willing to help in anyway I can. Oh, and I retire in 3 and a bit years and my wife is desperate for me to have a plan !

Edited due to my dreadful spelling

Good honest sensible post, hope you have a good plan.

I'm not sure a chance conversation outside the ground constitutes as being "a leak".

The selling consortium were open enough to fan ownership 4 years ago to grant 10000hours exclusivity over bidding for over a year and appointing two members to the board.

I'm not sure it's earth shattering news to find that a few years on, still without a buyer, that they remain open to a fan ownership model.

The deal to sell to the Argentinian consortium WAS agreed, it just didn't conclude as it was expected to.

I don't care if you believe that or not, it makes absolutely no difference to me, but that's the truth.

You seem to have a real problem with me personally, and I have absolutely no idea why.

It's good to see the momentum growing with this idea and that it's being driven by the fans. Here's some of my ideas on how it could be possible to progress, although this would be open to debate.

Most fan takeovers have been due to clubs going into administration, we would not be doing a rescue mission so would there be the possibility of the current directors assisting a new board for a period to ensure a smooth transition and would they be willing to offer guidance for a period after that ? I know most of us, including myself, are angry at the board but this type of help could be invaluable to the fans.

We should try and get ex players and celebrity fans to help promote the idea but would someone like Chic Young, who is due to retire from broadcasting next year, possibly be prepared to help set up a proper public relations and press office department ?

There has been a fans group set up for disabled fans, I would like to see them involved and the possibility of that group being able to elect a member to the board specifically to look at ways we could be more disabled friendly as a club.

On a personal note, I have already said that I would be willing to pay £1,000 up front. Having thought more about that I would also be willing to set up a direct debit to a club bank account set up to be used if and when there are any cash flow issues. This obviously would take some time to gather funds but if something could be st up to eventually raise a certain sum that the club could use in the event of cash flow problems on the proviso that the funds would be paid back into the account when received from league money or such like then I would be willing to start contributing straight away.

That's your REA inspired hardon talking again. I never mentioned anyone's name to lead a fan takeover, you're just jumping to conclusions. I want the best person for the job to do it, or at least the best person that is willing to do it.

What I did say was that I would take advice from anyone and weigh it on its merits. Now, if I had conflicting advice from a person who had experience in trying this and a person who just attempts to be a troll, I know which one I would give more weight to. FFS, Dicko has made more constructive posts on this thread that you have.

Just another zoomer... Jeez why do I bother.

I'm not sure a chance conversation outside the ground constitutes as being "a leak".

The selling consortium were open enough to fan ownership 4 years ago to grant 10000hours exclusivity over bidding for over a year and appointing two members to the board.

I'm not sure it's earth shattering news to find that a few years on, still without a buyer, that they remain open to a fan ownership model.

The deal to sell to the Argentinian consortium WAS agreed, it just didn't conclude as it was expected to.

I don't care if you believe that or not, it makes absolutely no difference to me, but that's the truth.

You seem to have a real problem with me personally, and I have absolutely no idea why.

I will repeat that I had no problem with you personally regarding the supposed deal being agreed, indeed I have no problem with you personally at all. The problem is that one individual is being given information and the organised fan groups (SMISA and travel clubs members) are having to hear second hand info which can neither be proved nor disproved. If that info was disclosed to fan groups with 3 or 4 members to witness the content then I would have no problem there either. I completely trust the board with the running of our club apart from this issue.

You again state that the deal to sell to the Argentinians WAS agreed and that it just did not conclude as expected, obviously you get this info from someone whose word you trust, they in turn know that you will post what they have told you and it cannot be proven that this is exactly what was said by them.

I posted on the club for sale thread that I did not blame you for the story about the Argentinians, quite why you then turn this into me having a personal problem with you is baffling.

There are a few saints fans whose word I would trust because I know them personally, but they could very easily forget parts of or misinterpret anything they had heard from A N other, that is why info like this should be given to a group or groups of fans instead of an individual.

Yours in trust

Peter Black

Edited by buddiecat

I will repeat that I had no problem with you personally regarding the supposed deal being agreed, indeed I have no problem with you personally at all. The problem is that one individual is being given information and the organised fan groups (SMISA and travel clubs members) are having to hear second hand info which can neither be proved nor disproved. If that info was disclosed to fan groups with 3 or 4 members to witness the content then I would have no problem there either. I completely trust the board with the running of our club apart from this issue.

You again state that the deal to sell to the Argentinians WAS agreed and that it just did not conclude as expected, obviously you get this info from someone whose word you trust, they in turn know that you will post what they have told you and it cannot be proven that this is exactly what was said by them.

I posted on the club for sale thread that I did not blame you for the story about the Argentinians, quite why you then turn this into me having a personal problem with you is baffling.

Looks like one of those email type misunderstandings and all is well. Bud Bud.

That's your REA inspired hardon talking again. I never mentioned anyone's name to lead a fan takeover, you're just jumping to conclusions. I want the best person for the job to do it, or at least the best person that is willing to do it.

What I did say was that I would take advice from anyone and weigh it on its merits. Now, if I had conflicting advice from a person who had experience in trying this and a person who just attempts to be a troll, I know which one I would give more weight to. FFS, Dicko has made more constructive posts on this thread that you have.

Knowing LP personally I would like to point out he is not a troll (whatever that means) he does however post in a way that provokes a response that may not have been made public. His posts over the years have provoked responses that have provided more info about the sale of the club and those involved than had previously been known. Some of my nonsense posts are also in this mould.

Hope this helps.

Peter Black.

What you were probably thinking when making that post: "Shit! I didn't read his post properly and have now made an arse of myself. f**k! Quick, deflect, deflect."

Well, I don't know him personally and, also, I don't know you personally, so don't take it personally that I don't just accept your word for that.

As soon as REA, who I also don't know personally, appears or gets mentioned on here, you can guarantee that Lord Pat-a-cake will soon be on with some diatribe. If he thinks that REA got things wrong then his responses are way over the top. If he thinks that REA was doing something underhand or criminal then there are far better ways to respond than throwing insults.

Either way, he IS acting like REA shagged his wife. I'm beginning to think my little jest may have been close to the mark.

Not close with your jest, REA did however react to the posts by LP in the 10k hours thread (which brought out some background info) and subsequently started posting his name then slated his career which resulted in them having a long running ding-dong during and after the 10k hours fiasco, some of the other supporters of 10k hours also started having a go at him. So basically they are sniping at each other and I don't see why that should bother you in any way.

Got a Lapdog like our Web master, Spinning The BOD's Propaganda just like the 10,000 Whores Fiasco ? The Posse is being rounded up and the wagons are Rolling ! punk.gifpunk.gif

http://www.smisa.net/news-archive/176-smisa-agm-notes

Top of the list was a shares bid proposal – the trust had in early 2014 produced a paper looking into a buyout of the consortium’s 52% shareholding.

The committee at the time met with various people to gauge support and said Stewart Gilmour was very much open to discussion.

But it was felt that individuals with the willingness and capability to provide the levels of finance required weren’t there.

The committee also felt the project would have been a full-time job for several people and the resource just wasn’t there to make it happen.

John explained his reason for going public on this now was he was aware the club’s ownership remains a hot topic and he wanted the membership to be aware a trust-led buyout had been looked into, but wasn’t feasible at this stage.

If SMISA had said they were looking into Fan Ownership out with of the SMISA group then whose to say people wouldn't have stepped forward? They have stated they don't have the resource, but when their membership is less than 20% of current season ticket holders it's no wonder they didn't have the resource.

If SMISA came out and said we are interested in moving forward and purchasing the club and we need x amount of volunteers and x amount of members willing to increase monthly membership by an addition £10 if we went ahead then I would have signed up right away.

What's interesting is SMISA are slating the BoD for non engagement but when they considered this they didn't engage with the rest of the supporters. Now I know Buddiecat is Peter Black who is part of SMISA I now understand why he has such a bee in his bonnet.

I think it's quite clear now SMISA have some issue with Rea but it's important to note SMISA with their membership as it is don't speak for the majority of supporters. If any Fan Ownership is going to happen then engagement with Richard who has been through the process would be invaluable.

The only reason I would join SMISA would be if they were fronting a bid for take over of the club or if I felt we needed to starting building funds in the event of mismanagement of new owners.

I'm not slating the work SMISA have done here btw.

Edited by Tam M

What you were probably thinking when making that post: "Shit! I didn't read his post properly and have now made an arse of myself. f**k! Quick, deflect, deflect."

Well, I don't know him personally and, also, I don't know you personally, so don't take it personally that I don't just accept your word for that.

As soon as REA, who I also don't know personally, appears or gets mentioned on here, you can guarantee that Lord Pat-a-cake will soon be on with some diatribe. If he thinks that REA got things wrong then his responses are way over the top. If he thinks that REA was doing something underhand or criminal then there are far better ways to respond than throwing insults.

Either way, he IS acting like REA shagged his wife. I'm beginning to think my little jest may have been close to the mark.

Like i said just another zoomer desperate to get a rise out of someone. Glad you post this stuff though as I am sure like me a few others will get a right good laugh out of it, hows the weather in Abroath today?

Got a Lapdog like our Web master, Spinning The BOD's Propaganda just like the 10,000 Whores Fiasco ? The Posse is being rounded up and the wagons are Rolling ! punk.gifpunk.gif

This "lapdog" is the one who has spent 13 years now running this website, so that people like you have a platform to discuss anything to do with the club.

Sometimes I really wish I hadn't bothered.

I've joined Smisa recently.

I'd like Smisa to increase membership & have a short term objective of purchasing the majority shareholding in St Mirren fc for a fair price ASAP.

They confirmed at the AGM that Fan Ownership via SMISA is not feasible at this moment in time.

If SMISA had said they were looking into Fan Ownership out with of the SMISA group then whose to say people wouldn't have stepped forward? They have stated they don't have the resource, but when their membership is less than 20% of current season ticket holders it's no wonder they didn't have the resource.

If SMISA came out and said we are interested in moving forward and purchasing the club and we need x amount of volunteers and x amount of members willing to increase monthly membership by an addition £10 if we went ahead then I would have signed up right away.

What's interesting is SMISA are slating the BoD for non engagement but when they considered this they didn't engage with the rest of the supporters. Now I know Buddiecat is Peter Black who is part of SMISA I now understand why he has such a bee in his bonnet.

I think it's quite clear now SMISA have some issue with Rea but it's important to note SMISA with their membership as it is don't speak for the majority of supporters. If any Fan Ownership is going to happen then engagement with Richard who has been through the process would be invaluable.

The only reason I would join SMISA would be if they were fronting a bid for take over of the club or if I felt we needed to starting building funds in the event of mismanagement of new owners.

I'm not slating the work SMISA have done here btw.

''If SMISA came out and said we are interested in moving forward and purchasing the club and we need x amount of volunteers and x amount of members willing to increase monthly membership by an addition £10 if we went ahead then I would have signed up right away.''

it didn't even get that far, it was an early draft and due to lack of momentum both from smisa and those it was discussed with, a very lukewarm response and the appetite just didn't seem to be there, the various bits of legislation being proposed at the time also indicated it might have been too soon to run with, however I take your point and if the subject does come up again and shows any sign of progress involving smisa i can assure you everyone will be informed

''What's interesting is SMISA are slating the BoD for non engagement''

do you mean in the AGM report or on other occasions ?

as reported smisa have recently re-engaged with the club through regular monthly meetings in an attempt to reach some common ground on several issues.

''I think it's quite clear now SMISA have some issue with Rea''

definitely not the case, and not sure where you are drawing that conclusion from

''If any Fan Ownership is going to happen then engagement with Richard who has been through the process would be invaluable''

agreed that would make sense.

with reference to my earlier point about not being the right time . . .

from WSC May 2015 edition

..the local government committee of the Scottish Parliament has recently supported amendments to a bill. If passed, this would give supporters' trusts a first refusal to buy their own club in the event of it being put up for sale, at a price assessed by an appointed valuer.