10000 Hours - Re-Loaded?

Lord Pityme

I can't see that bill being passed if I am honest. Would be the end of private investment in football if it did.

I've always been in favour of fan ownership, but this particular bill is madness in my opinion. I'm not even sure it would be legally enforceable.

Absolute minefield of company law to tread all over. Won't ever happen.

They confirmed at the AGM that Fan Ownership via SMISA is not feasible at this moment in time.

although no strategy is place to buy the 52% right now, the newly elected smisa committee has yet to meet to determine plans aims and actions for the next year.

Although the situation the club could find itself in, from being in the championship and the financial impact of that, to the current extensive discussions on fan ownership coupled with potential legislation, will determine priorities and aims over the next month or so.

Fortunately with an increase in membership and number of committee (10) the supporters trust are in a somewhat better position to help deal with some of those issues

also, the momentum even just in the last week, is building on the subject of fan ownership

the more people who join smisa and the more people offering active support on the committee the more it will allow the bigger issues to be addressed

Edited by thewhiteman

although no strategy is place to buy the 52% right now, the newly elected smisa committee has yet to meet to determine plans aims and actions for the next year.

Although the situation the club could find itself in, from being in the championship and the financial impact of that, to the current extensive discussions on fan ownership coupled with potential legislation, will determine priorities and aims over the next month or so.

Fortunately with an increase in membership and number of committee (10) the supporters trust are in a somewhat better position to help deal with some of those issues

also, the momentum even just in the last week, is building on the subject of fan ownership

the more people who join smisa and the more people offering active support on the committee the more it will allow the bigger issues to be addressed

Would it be appropriate at this time for Smisa to step forward with a new & clear objective to be the conduit for fan ownership?

They confirmed at the AGM that Fan Ownership via SMISA is not feasible at this moment in time.

No. SMISA looked into fan ownership last year and with the resources available it wasn't feasible.

Membership has increased significantly over the past 12 months and SMISA is a co-operative trust - it it is something the majority of SMISA members wanted to do, they could choose to move the trust in that direction.

No. SMISA looked into fan ownership last year and with the resources available it wasn't feasible.

Membership has increased significantly over the past 12 months and SMISA is a co-operative trust - it it is something the majority of SMISA members wanted to do, they could choose to move the trust in that direction.

If resources were available then?

Call me a cynic, but the BoD were open to fan ownership via 10k hours. Didn't like the model. Didn't have any interest in developing the model. Few years on want to sell to an English mob. Some argies appear offering a few sheckles more so f**k the English bid. Don't need them any more. Argies dissappear and they're open to fan ownership. Nothing to do with having no interested parties and the impending relegation now though.

Would they still be open to it if the argies decided they want to give them 1.2 million or whatever it was after all? I'm not so sure.

The next move should be to ask members to vote on it then, whilst at the same time asking who'd like to be involved.

If the intended meeting goes ahead there would then be a note of what is required. But, before that, the online form, announcements etc that I've already mentioned shouldn't be a problem if the club are on board and SMISA take up Div's offer of help.

It's not really a full time role initially, but would certainly ramp up once the numbers come through and you have to turn pledges to cash and also begin putting the whole model together.

The next move should be to ask members to vote on it then, whilst at the same time asking who'd like to be involved.

If the intended meeting goes ahead there would then be a note of what is required. But, before that, the online form, announcements etc that I've already mentioned shouldn't be a problem if the club are on board and SMISA take up Div's offer of help.

It's not really a full time role initially, but would certainly ramp up once the numbers come through and you have to turn pledges to cash and also begin putting the whole model together.

Steady tiger. First things first... What do the selling consortium want? Are what are they prepared to facilitate to get to that aim..?

The seller always has a price they would accept, you need to find the appropriate leverage to get the right deal.

So you are saying that both of them acted like children?

How would you know how fast I drive?

It's nice to know that I'm appreciated. Now, how long was this thing between REA and your other half going on?

I assume you mean Arbroath? I wouldn't know as I stay in Glenburn. You would be better asking FS.

You make I laugh... I bet you get all-sorts of Semen, sorry Seamen doon the harbour of a Saturday nicht? Edited by Lord Pityme

Steady tiger. First things first... What do the selling consortium want? Are what are they prepared to facilitate to get to that aim..?

The seller always has a price they would accept, you need to find the appropriate leverage to get the right deal.

I agree with this. Poz has already said the same thing too. The consortium have to name their price otherwise what's the point. See Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell for examples.

Mr Dickson of course you are incorrect with regards to Hearts.The Foundation was set up with financial problems due to their Administration.Ann Budge came in later with £2m to buy the club and will be repaid in time from The Foundation.Nothing whatsoever wrong with making an initial offer yo buy the Consortkum's Shareholding.However the position will be clearer after the forthcoming Meeting as Div had already stated.Rest assured there will be no shortage of Saints Fans willing to subscribe in my opinion.

I agree with this. Poz has already said the same thing too. The consortium have to name their price otherwise what's the point. See Hearts, Hibs and Motherwell for examples.

Nonsense, of the utter variety. There's plenty you can do in the background. Doing some of it may even give the consortium a bit of confidence. A bit if exposure, wheels turning, maybe even get it mentioned on air during the game on Monday.

Mr Dickson of course you are incorrect with regards to Hearts.The Foundation was set up with financial problems due to their Administration.Ann Budge came in later with £2m to buy the club and will be repaid in time from The Foundation.Nothing whatsoever wrong with making an initial offer yo buy the Consortkum's Shareholding.However the position will be clearer after the forthcoming Meeting as Div had already stated.Rest assured there will be no shortage of Saints Fans willing to subscribe in my opinion.

The point I was making regarding Hearts is that Ann Budge has named her price for the transfer of ownership to the foundation. The same is true at Hibs and Motherwell. Even 10000Hours had a price named for them FFS. :rolleyes:

Nonsense, of the utter variety. There's plenty you can do in the background. Doing some of it may even give the consortium a bit of confidence. A bit if exposure, wheels turning, maybe even get it mentioned on air during the game on Monday.

Cool yer jets... If you've got a big shiny gun that gets others attention, why fire it, if you only need to let them see you polish it..?

What can you do in the background? Without a price you've no idea what level of membership you need or how much would need to be raised in subscriptions. You've got no opportunity to structure different levels of membership if that's what it takes to get lump sums in. You've also go absolutely no idea whether the price that the consortium name for their shares will be a fair and reasonable valuation or not.

The board know that 10000Hours managed to get over 1000 people to commit financially to the previous bid. It's up to the board to name their price otherwise those running around trying to gain traction with this whole thing are simply wasting their time.

#devilsadvocate

If Smisa are not the organisation to front fan ownership (I think it is best placed atm) and another fan group emerges & are ultimately successful then Smisa have no purpose.

It's now or never.

New, competent, motivated & suitable people will come forward to head this up if the desire is there & a call goes out.

This "lapdog" is the one who has spent 13 years now running this website, so that people like you have a platform to discuss anything to do with the club.

Sometimes I really wish I hadn't bothered.

Correct Div, But you also wielded The Ban Hammer when it was getting uncomfortable for your cohorts in the 10,000 whores Fiasco ? whistling.gif

Correct Div, But you also wielded The Ban Hammer when it was getting uncomfortable for your cohorts in the 10,000 whores Fiasco ? whistling.gif

Oh FFS - as is his right to do so.

Look Div has banned me from an other site belonging to him. I didn't agree it was fair, but it's his gaff and he's bored of you then he's quite within his rights to ban you. I certainly can't blame him for removing the platform from someone who wants to make allegations at him either founded or not.

Oh FFS - as is his right to do so.

Look Div has banned me from an other site belonging to him. I didn't agree it was fair, but it's his gaff and he's bored of you then he's quite within his rights to ban you. I certainly can't blame him for removing the platform from someone who wants to make allegations at him either founded or not.

It's His Ball, And as previously stated, He and his cohorts tried to sell the Fans of SMFC a Dummy in order to give REA, Mr Kibble and Co, A vehicle to fund Gilmour and his fellow Directors Pension Fund ? I have respect for the man and his website and his passion for all things St Mirren ! That failed attempt did not work, But now all of a sudden when the shit has hit the Fan, REA and sundry have suddenly been resurrected during Easter, And Gilmour and Co cant afford Level 5 Pr, So they use the man and his machine to spread the word ? punk.gif

What can you do in the background? Without a price you've no idea what level of membership you need or how much would need to be raised in subscriptions. You've got no opportunity to structure different levels of membership if that's what it takes to get lump sums in. You've also go absolutely no idea whether the price that the consortium name for their shares will be a fair and reasonable valuation or not.

The board know that 10000Hours managed to get over 1000 people to commit financially to the previous bid. It's up to the board to name their price otherwise those running around trying to gain traction with this whole thing are simply wasting their time.

Well, it's not going to be over 1.3 million and it could be argued that it should be less. Anything to save time, gather momentum, utlise "the mood" and build the interest should be used. Ultimately it could mean moving to a position of control that bit quicker, which should lead to working on the budget and club structure sooner.

Also, it means that we...no wait, everyone aside from you...in the fan base are taking the initiative.

Well, it's not going to be over 1.3 million and it could be argued that it should be less. Anything to save time, gather momentum, utlise "the mood" and build the interest should be used. Ultimately it could mean moving to a position of control that bit quicker, which should lead to working on the budget and club structure sooner.

Also, it means that we...no wait, everyone aside from you...in the fan base are taking the initiative.

How do you know that though? It's been reported than their shareholding has increased and that they purchased up to 75% of the shares now.