10000 Hours - Re-Loaded?

Lord Pityme

I agree whole heartedly with all the above! (Hope you didn't bump your heid when fainting there).

Theres no chance of selling the club to anyone willing to run it as the board would wish, so now its back to what I said and was roundly abused for way, way back during the last fiasco. The sellers now need to look towards leaving a legacy! They need to approach us and detail much of what you say above, they need to come out and say that THEY will facilitate a transition to fan ownership, and set up a working party that comprises all the fan groups as well as themselves to thrash out how it will be achieved. Then its over to us to get every buddie in the burgh to sign up!

My starter for ten would be to run the campaign as "GOAL 1877" that being we need an absolute minimum of 1877 pledges of the appropriate monthly DD amount to ensure the selling fee is met, as well as signing up as many juniors, Granny's, Granda's etc for a fiver a year or whatever. We should have a time limited campaign like "Summer Saints" for any and everybody to run their raffles, quiz nights, discos, golf days etc to pile cash into the "GOAL 1877" coffers .

This will take best part of a year from start to get to the point a democratically elected board of fan reps can start to run the clubs affairs, but in the short to medium term a small group that can/have the time and inclination can be working within the club to push this on, learn, gain experience, and keep the support fully briefed on progress against the project plan.... hell even I would listen to Richard if this was the game in town.

Any thoughts?

Absolutely Young Lord ! Spot on as usual good Buddie punk.gifpunk.gifpunk.gif

All the fan groups, have I missed something, how many are their - the Paisley Panda 11 and the Cubs of Paisley Panda? Gawd it's beginning to sound like Sevco, soon we'll have Tony Fitz on the door steps of the Stadium making proclamations and demanding a march to the Town Hall.

All the fan groups, have I missed something, how many are their - the Paisley Panda 11 and the Cubs of Paisley Panda? Gawd it's beginning to sound like Sevco, soon we'll have Tony Fitz on the door steps of the Stadium making proclamations and demanding a march to the Town Hall.

You forgot the Paisley peoples front and the Peoples front of Paisley Panda.

Fan groups - season ticket holders and pay-at-the-gate scum. boxing.gif

Edited by pozbaird

They will get my £ 20 quid if they entertain me ? Needless to say, Gilmour & Co have received not many score's from me over the past few seasons !

Shame that you missed the cup final win, I found it very entertaining.

Sorry Boss i was in the cheap seat's , Wondering whether you where munching Prawn sandwiches or thieving Sausage Roll's ! whistling.gif

I was sat there too beside thousands of other Glory Hunters.

I'll be there tonight as well. Will you ?

I was sat there too beside thousands of other Glory Hunters.

I'll be there tonight as well. Will you ?

Just about to come on BBC Reporting Scotland.. Saints celebrity fans speak out...

Bingo time...

Brookmyre

Div

Chico

Leckie

Vipond

Currie

Captain Sensible

Kid Jensen

Shereen Nanjiani

Somner9

Just about to come on BBC Reporting Scotland.. Saints celebrity fans speak out...

Bingo time...

Brookmyre

Div

Chico

Leckie

Vipond

Currie

Captain Sensible

Kid Jensen

Shereen Nanjiani

Somner9

They showed a quick glimpse..................could be any of the above as I don't know him.

Some "celebrity"...............lol.gif

Bingo time...

Brookmyre

Div

Chico

Leckie

Vipond

Currie

Captain Sensible

Kid Jensen

Shereen Nanjiani

Somner9

Brookmyre and Vanzy.

Div's nose out of joint after being overlooked. Tough times ahead for this forum, website design, and the only decent advert on the scoreboard...

That's a poor reply and one who does not understand what being a Saints means.

One Sir has the understanding That if you want to pay for shite, Then it is purely One's own prerogative ! Meanwhile back at the Ranch, I am quite happy lying oan ma couch watching Mr Gilmour's Pension Fund dwindling away ! punk.gif

Nah, Better Together Tv suit's Me rather than Gilmour's Wallet ! holiday.gif

The directors haven't taken a penny out of the club in dividends or salary in the 15 or so years they have been in the boardroom.

They have however put their own money in to ease cashflow bumps along the way, often not taking it back again.

As you will appreciate, the gate money goes to St.Mirren Football Club Ltd. It doesn't go to "Gilmour's Wallet".

Everyone has to make their own decision about going along to games. I am far from a diehard myself, but let's be honest and say a stay at home buddie is starving the club of cash, not the directors.

Div you are 100% correct I know Messrs Gilmour Campbell and McAusland well and indeed being a founder member of the old Executive Club at Love St welcomed them to the club before they joined the Board so I know full well the commitment they initially made to our club and continued to make over the years.The fundamental problem now is mistakes have been made this season thus underlining the problems.What we have to do now is look forward buy season tickets and hope that we cam find a way for a Fans Buyout.I look forward with interest to the outcome of the meeting with the Consortium you indicated would take place shortly.My family and I would definitely wish to sign up as monthly contributors.

Absolutely no relevance to St Mirren. FC United of Manchester are installing a micro-brewery at their new ground, while in five plus years, we cannot even open a supporter's bar to sell micro-brewed beers.

Sack the board.

No-one answer that. Please.

Absolutely no relevance to St Mirren. FC United of Manchester are installing a micro-brewery at their new ground, while in five plus years, we cannot even open a supporter's bar to sell micro-brewed beers.

Sack the board.

No-one answer that. Please.

If we had a micro-brewery installed in the void what are the odds the Board could/couldn't organise the proverbial..?

Cracking looking wee stadium they've built.

Yeah, it's great. Somewhere to stand and watch competitive football on a Saturday afternoon with a pint in your hand. What more do people really want?

I remember talking to a mate who supports Portsmouth, right as they were on the edge of the cliff, looking down. He said the attitude amongst Pompey fans was that they didn't give a shit what league they were in, or if the club went out of existence and they had to start again at the bottom of the pyramid. Their core of fans would always support the team - all they wanted to do was get together, sing football songs and support Portsmouth.

And that has panned out. They sit lower-mid table in England's fourth tier. They most recently lost at home to Bury, in front of a crowd of almost 15k.

What an admirable attitude that is from their supporters.

This is why, deep down, I always believe that there will always be a St Mirren. Maybe folk aren't as positive in Paisley as they are on the south coast - blame the weather, maybe - but our love for the club will see it right, regardless of what league we're in, regardless of what misery befalls us.