So Farewell Then......

It's the worst season I can remember following saints for 30 years, yeah we've had some tough times but this season has been inevitable from the start.

Most seasons in the top flight we've had that result that made us say all the crap is worth it, beating Celtic, rangers or Motherwell and Falkirk away, but this season has seen nothing.

Yeah it's crap getting relegated, but the only hope is we have a clear out, start again and become competitive and challenge for promotion next year. If things stay the same then we will be bottom 4 material and another horrible year ahead.

No matter how bad and how shite, we will always be saints fans, let's just hope and pray things change and we can enjoy our club again

If we were in Motherwell or Ross county's position would we be confident of avoiding relegation? Most buddies fans would be bricking it, knowing we could blow it. Clutching at straws I know but one defeat could wobble them, we need to take advantage of that and play without fear of losing as at this point we have nothing left to lose. We can play decent football at times, now its time to shoot from anywhere. Charlie Adam on loan again might help.

If we were in Motherwell or Ross county's position would we be confident of avoiding relegation? Most buddies fans would be bricking it, knowing we could blow it. Clutching at straws I know but one defeat could wobble them, we need to take advantage of that and play without fear of losing as at this point we have nothing left to lose. We can play decent football at times, now its time to shoot from anywhere. Charlie Adam on loan again might help.

Totally agree, as it stands right now we've convinced ourselves we're as good as

down, but Tuesday is last chance saloon time, win and we put the shitters right up

Motherwell,

We've been so pish this season I've left most games with a WGAF attitude, but now

as the relegation reality has kicked in big time I've suddenly have this sick feeling

in the pit of my stomach, we've got to go out there and fight like f**k, I'm maybe clutching

at straws but there's still a chance, slim, but a chance nonetheless..

Whatever happens, this has been one c**t of a season, the BOD really need to GTF

out of our club, there apathy is draining the life out of every loyal fan of our team....

Back in the early seventies I was at a home game against Q of the S and they were 3 or 4 up at half time. I walked out then for the first time vowing never to come back. As usual I was back the next week and we were rubbish again. Then Alec Ferguson was signed and the rest is history. We need to get in a new strong manager and clear out this current lot from top to bottom. We need to look to the lower leagues and get the best young manager who has fresh ideas to join us, if he will. Otherwise we will sink lower and lower and god knows how far we will fall before we find a level.

We deserve this fate. That's not defeatist, it's the harsh reality.

I resigned myself to it weeks ago. Doesn't mean I like it. Nor does it mean that I don't have my own clear view as to where culpability lies, but I've reconciled myself to the drop.

What a shambles our club has become. Its a shame.

This. 100% this.

I totally understand and appreciate what the BoD did for he club. They saved us from extinction, however they are completely to blame for the situation we find ourselves in. For me, what makes matters worse is the complete silence from them. Mr Gilmour is the first to be seen when something good is happening in the club (and rightly so imho) however his silence over the past few months has been shameful.

The choice of TC was unacceptable and the BoD choice of Gary Teale to keep us up was just lazy. Perhaps they had resigned themselves to relegation? Who knows, maybe relegation is a stipulation in a takeover by a rich Arab Sheikh? You can be dream I suppose.

I have lost the passion for the club and whilst I do take a lot of the blame for this, I don't think it solely lies with me.

I was at the third game of the season against Dundee we played them off the park and got beat 1-0 i have not been near the place since ther was something inside me saying why the f**k do you bother .You play well we get beat we play pish we get beat i just knew that day our time was up and so its proved to be and ive saved my self a few bob and pain not having to watch utter dross week in week out .

I was at the third game of the season against Dundee we played them off the park and got beat 1-0 i have not been near the place since ther was something inside me saying why the f**k do you bother .You play well we get beat we play pish we get beat i just knew that day our time was up and so its proved to be and ive saved my self a few bob and pain not having to watch utter dross week in week out .

And you have the audacity to continually spout your uber negative doomsday pish when you don't even go along and support the team? Beggars belief.

Watching Scumgers v Tarts abs commentator is a prick. He has already uttered that Rangers may play either Motherwell or RC in the play offs despite 21 points available and then states our next game is important as to who finishes in play off position. What happened to RC and Thistle who are catchable by Motherwell in particular? BT Sports are as rank as Sky.

And you have the audacity to continually spout your uber negative doomsday pish when you don't even go along and support the team? Beggars belief.

He's been right all season long though and, if we're honest with ourselves, we all saw it coming. Difference is that everyone chooses to articulate their frustrations in their own way. Doesn't change the outcome though.

Watching Scumgers v Tarts abs commentator is a prick. He has already uttered that Rangers may play either Motherwell or RC in the play offs despite 21 points available and then states our next game is important as to who finishes in play off position. What happened to RC and Thistle who are catchable by Motherwell in particular? BT Sports are as rank as Sky.

Well tbh I hope whoever Rangers play in the play off final , I hope Rangers pump them , whoever it is, whether it's Motherwell or Ross county? I just cannot stomach the thought of playing the Billy boys next season.

In fact I hope it's Motherwell that end up getting relegated with us, just how I feel about them tbh and they are long overdue a drop into oblivion.

He's been right all season long though and, if we're honest with ourselves, we all saw it coming. Difference is that everyone chooses to articulate their frustrations in their own way. Doesn't change the outcome though.

While I agree people articulate in different ways and in a weird way he has been right you're forgetting there is no thought process with him and he has been spouting, sorry, articulating the same shite for seasons now.

Edited by faraway saint

Hope the Sevco get fcuking pumped. If we end up in the Championship it's our bloody fault anyway. If that manky mob get back to the top flight it gives them a chance of avoiding implosion.

Doesn't matter to me if we find ourselves up against Hibs/Sevco/Falkirk/Queens/Motherwell/Ross County...

Well tbh I hope whoever Rangers play in the play off final , I hope Rangers pump them , whoever it is, whether it's Motherwell or Ross county? I just cannot stomach the thought of playing the Billy boys next season.

In fact I hope it's Motherwell that end up getting relegated with us, just how I feel about them tbh and they are long overdue a drop into oblivion.

Me too, it would be another boot in the baws for Gilmour, remember how he fought

so hard to convince us that the brand new club should be allowed to go straight in to

the top flight... at least some consolation "when"? we do go down, oh to see his face laugh.png

If you say something for long enough you will eventually be correct. He had spouted his diatribe for years and has never anything positive to say. The fact he continued to do this without actually going to see the team is rather laughable.

We'll be where we deserve to be. The club has been a mess from top to bottom.

2 "in house" managerial appointments without bothering their [Removed by Filter] to hold interviews.
Just happy to be in the SPFL with no ambition whatsoever to consolidate themselves in it.
Signings and signing policy has been a total joke.

Not referee"s, not spfl, not bad luck. SHOCKING leadership (OR LACK OF) off and on the pitch is why we'll be relegated. IMO.
I'm not even that bothered about it. They've sucked the life out of me at St Mirren to the stage where I just shrug my shoulders. yawn01.gif

We'll be where we deserve to be. The club has been a mess from top to bottom.

2 "in house" managerial appointments without bothering their [Removed by Filter] to hold interviews.

Just happy to be in the SPFL with no ambition whatsoever to consolidate themselves in it.

Signings and signing policy has been a total joke.

Not referee"s, not spfl, not bad luck. SHOCKING leadership (OR LACK OF) off and on the pitch is why we'll be relegated. IMO.

I'm not even that bothered about it. They've sucked the life out of me at St Mirren to the stage where I just shrug my shoulders. yawn01.gif

Quality shrug.

Aye, he's talking sh*te. County are well safe.

I was at the THIRD game of the season against Dundee we played them off the park and got beat 1-0 i have not been near the place since ther was something inside me saying why the f**k do you bother .You play well we get beat we play pish we get beat i just knew that day our time was up and so its proved to be and ive saved my self a few bob and pain not having to watch utter dross week in week out .

good on you for not throwing the towel in TOO EARLY

Praying for some miracle to happen that can see us at least in the play off , that's the heart speaking.

The head tells me we are already relegated so what will next season hold for us.

Will there be a hunger from players left over from this season or will it be I am too good for this league.

Will any of you the fans drop out altogether or just pop along to certain games.

I'm at odds to what I will do next season , probably ( maybe ) just pay at the gate as I have only been to less than 10 games this season due to work.

One thing is certain the club will be run the same way. One penny in , one penny out.

My own view is we will be down for at least 6 years. I would say a decade but the structure is such now that a second team can get promoted.

Who will be manager is the big question we all want to know. It wont be Gary Teale because the board want to sell season tickets. If I feel the board have made an ambitious move by appointing the new manager I will take out a season ticket to help support the cause. If it is a so so ran even an Ian Miurry then I will not buy a season ticket. Ether way interesting times are ahead

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

No im just not f**king stupid And my doomsday pish was right all along .

"No matter what you think of us, the season just past or the decisions we've made whilst mismanaging your investment. This is still YOUR club and YOUR investment in a season ticket, at last season's prices, will see YOUR club survive going forward." - Expect the letter through your mailbox in June.

Are you Chairman Gilmour???!

Praying for some miracle to happen that can see us at least in the play off , that's the heart speaking.

The head tells me we are already relegated so what will next season hold for us.

Will there be a hunger from players left over from this season or will it be I am too good for this league.

Will any of you the fans drop out altogether or just pop along to certain games.

I'm at odds to what I will do next season , probably ( maybe ) just pay at the gate as I have only been to less than 10 games this season due to work.

One thing is certain the club will be run the same way. One penny in , one penny out.

My own view is we will be down for at least 6 years. I would say a decade but the structure is such now that a second team can get promoted.

Who will be manager is the big question we all want to know. It wont be Gary Teale because the board want to sell season tickets. If I feel the board have made an ambitious move by appointing the new manager I will take out a season ticket to help support the cause. If it is a so so ran even an Ian Miurry then I will not buy a season ticket. Ether way interesting times are ahead

For the moment, forget about next season and where we might be.

Thanks

No im just not f**king stupid And my doomsday pish was right all along .

Nothing stupid about going along to support your team, something you don't do mate so you sit behind your keyboard with the Samaritans on speed dial and criticise without actually seeing what you are criticising? At least those who pay their money and attend matches have the RIGHT to criticise and have to be applauded for spending their hard earned money to go along and suffer. You call yourself a supporter but don't attend and support the team. Think Doomsday is laughable. If we go down then it will hurt but it's not the end of the world and we will deal with it like we did when previously relegated.