St Mirren V Ross County Premiership 13/4/15 7-45 Pm Kick Off

shull

I've been saying all season that we look the most unfit team by a mile. Every other team in this league have a vastly superior fitness level to ours. This would not have happened had we installed a competent and experienced man at the helm. Every single game bar one or two we have been completely blitzed by the opposition when it comes to fitness levels and the physical aspects of the game. Our midfield is non existent and basically powder puff. Men against wee boys.

Other clubs have fitness coaches/sports scientists, etc. Didn't we have one? What happened to him?

If I can put it together it's quite clear Goodwin is having a complete shocker...by God he's not the only one but his part in any of the last 8 goals looks dreadful as well as being caught playing the striker onside then standing still waving for offside in the red card incident.

The amount of he is standing in open space nowhere near the man he's picking up is truly awful. Off to see if i can get the footage

OK quickly cobbled together those disasters.......as I said there's plenty making mistakes throughout, but in almost all of the last 8 goals Goodwin just looks completely lost and out of his league. I don't think 'enjoy' is the word but here it is....horrible viewing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmrjHFmVtKM&feature=youtu.be

OK quickly cobbled together those disasters.......as I said there's plenty making mistakes throughout, but in almost all of the last 8 goals Goodwin just looks completely lost and out of his league. I don't think 'enjoy' is the word but here it is....horrible viewing

Analysis like that should be used during the week. Then again, you probably couldn't even shame them in to a performance.

A couple of seasons ago our players were weighed and put through a fitness programme during summer and were checked when they came back , I think we had a guy from a university who done this. Against Ross county most of our players didn't chase or close down county players. One of our defenders looked as if he'd give homer Simpson a race for biggest doughnut belly , these are pro footballers aye ma are . also listening to well manager has fight attitude when interviewed teams sounded like a wee boy who hasn't a clue I feel sorry for him. The issue is the bod didn't back him the way other backed relegation rivals. Arquin should never pull a jersey on again and get Jim Goodwin a taxi to the third division he's a dumpling . my opinion.

I've been saying all season that we look the most unfit team by a mile. Every other team in this league have a vastly superior fitness level to ours. This would not have happened had we installed a competent and experienced man at the helm. Every single game bar one or two we have been completely blitzed by the opposition when it comes to fitness levels and the physical aspects of the game. Our midfield is non existent and basically powder puff. Men against wee boys.

hearts do triple training sessions. Our lot have to be on the training ground for 9.55am. Training session, lunch, some gym work, away for 2

You could do the same with any of the back 4 and midfield. Every single one of them.

An embarrassment.

You could do the same with any of the back 4 and midfield. Every single one of them.

An embarrassment.

Indeed Jim's probably unlucky that's where my eye went first few I looked at but I was shocked how poor he'd been. I've always preferred him in the team but watching it looks almost like he's running like me suffering from age in the knees.....maybe he is carrying a knock and is fighting on.....maybe he's not training hard enough concentrating on coaching role...who knows but he's a shadow of what he was and just when all the others are falling apart too.

Goodwin isn't the man to blame here. Funny how when the chips are down we pound the oldest guy in the team. Has what Jim has being doing any worse than anyone else? I thought Jim was immense against Hamilton and celtic and was decent at killie. Let's talk about how shite Kelly is and Naismith? Oh but they're academy boys it ain't their fault. Bollocks the whole team every single one of them are a disgrace. I can't believe what I have saw in this past two games never mind all season. McGinn rubbish too and yet we blame Jim. He ain't everyone's cup of tea but he is playing with an injury and is one of the few who actually care. Did our captain look bothered also does Arquian look bothered ? Give Jim a break

Absolutely this, fitness should be an absolute given so a shock this season to see so many of our players struggling for fitness, heard a few rumours before about some of our younger players not being lovers of the gym, looking at kelly, naismith and McGinn you can see where that may come from....really poor as all 3 have talent IMHO

Goodwin isn't the man to blame here. Funny how when the chips are down we pound the oldest guy in the team. Has what Jim has being doing any worse than anyone else? I thought Jim was immense against Hamilton and celtic and was decent at killie. Let's talk about how shite Kelly is and Naismith? Oh but they're academy boys it ain't their fault. Bollocks the whole team every single one of them are a disgrace. I can't believe what I have saw in this past two games never mind all season. McGinn rubbish too and yet we blame Jim. He ain't everyone's cup of tea but he is playing with an injury and is one of the few who actually care. Did our captain look bothered also does Arquian look bothered ? Give Jim a break

Absolutely. That point was made, it certainly isn't Jim on his own, they are all performing poorly, that's why the opposition gets forward so often and we see him defending in so much recent footage.

If you're kind he's maybe trying to anticipate Kelly being skinned so often through the 'Well game. But where most of them look poor at some stage in 4 or 5 of these goals conceded in virtually every one of the last 8 goals you can look at him specifically and say he really should have done better. Arquin and Thompson and whatever wasters have come on to replace them are rightly taking a lot of flak also for their ineffectiveness at the other end of the park. Don't think there's a huge anti-Jim mob seeing what's not there.....those are the clips of the goals and that is him just not performing well in any.

hearts do triple training sessions. Our lot have to be on the training ground for 9.55am. Training session, lunch, some gym work, away for 2

Hearts also train specifically geared to the team they play next, it's all about shape and tactical awareness in the days leading up to match day.

Apparently ( on the recommendation of their sports scientist ) they do two sessions on the day after a match, then have the following day off, followed by fitness training on the first day back.

Hearts also train specifically geared to the team they play next, it's all about shape and tactical awareness in the days leading up to match day.

Apparently ( on the recommendation of their sports scientist ) they do two sessions on the day after a match, then have the following day off, followed by fitness training on the first day back.

Robbie Neilson seems to have lots of new ideas, the players have bought into them and they've had success. That's what we need to do - re-energise, introduce new methods and create enthusiasm amongst the players and support.

However, Hearts had a new owner and management regime. We don't. Would our board provide full support to a new manager who wanted to wipe the slate clean, introduce new methods and upset the apple cart a bit?

remember when danny first arrived

warm up before games was totally different to now

there were speed sprints plastic comes 5 aside possesion

every one knew there job

look at it now at warm up total joke no planning

nothing so god knows what happens at ralston during week

by looks at results not much

For me Goody is probably our POTY ie the best of a bad bunch.

I actually think Tess has been the most consistent player all season but stupidly he hasn't played in as many games as he should have as he is our best defender by some distance.

To single Goody out is unfair and untrue. He is certainly no worse than anyone else in the team and at least he has looked like he gives a f**k even when his shortcomings are apparent. I have in fact been very disappointed in the attitude of the younger players this season. Some look totally disinterested and unfit. Some look like they do not give a damn and some of the triers are trying too hard and trying to be Messi when they ain't. And some just look out their depth.

I know that it is not all their fault and that they need more role models and experience around them. Goody is one of the few seniors that can even attempt to provide that as the other experienced players also look disinterested.

Robbie Neilson seems to have lots of new ideas, the players have bought into them and they've had success. That's what we need to do - re-energise, introduce new methods and create enthusiasm amongst the players and support.

However, Hearts had a new owner and management regime. We don't. Would our board provide full support to a new manager who wanted to wipe the slate clean, introduce new methods and upset the apple cart a bit?

Possibly, or at least hopefully, given their chance of a sale at the price they are looking for would surely look a more attractive option with an up and coming team rather than a stagnant one.