Plastic Pitch At St.mirren Park

Ralston costs us a fortune every year. The players turn up at Greenhill rd every 2nd saturday and they look like they've never played on the pitch before then.

Scrap Rlaston, install a synthetic at GR and use the stadium at all times. Would save a bomb. Better still, campaign for Summer football and we wouldn't need a plastic pitch.

How much does it cost to run Ralston then?

And your point about summer football is utter stupidity.

I suppose that's what can be expected from someone as stupid as you, mind.

Yes, some good ideas (what did happen to the solar panels on the roof?), alas no one at the club with the gumption now to make things happen.

Was all costed up and investigated but feed in tarrifs were scheduled to change and tipped the balance against at the time

How much does it cost to run Ralston then?

And your point about summer football is utter stupidity.

I suppose that's what can be expected from someone as stupid as you, mind.

Not so much how much it costs as what costs would disappear if you went somewhere else.

There is no doubt that if you could train and play on 3G at SMP a load of money would be saved. Certainly low 6 figures. I would also make SMP a more viable through the day proposition for a bar/restaurant used by players and open to public.

Richard.This was raised at the ladt AGM and Mr Gilmour advised the Meeting that there would only be a grass pitch whilst he was Chairman.Much as I have had my disagreements with Stewart I completely agree with him on this point.

Indeed.

It was certainly the case that any 3G suggestion which I believe has real Club development and finance bonuses was rejected on supposed football grounds.

No doubt the Pars "plastic pitch" has set the 3G cause back for a number of years.

It was also only permissible (without board voting) in non SPL divisions until the formation of SPFL where rules have changed thus making it easier for Hamilton and Killie to use

Edited by rea