Danny Lennon

I always felt Danny was a very honest, decent man doing his best. Of course that's never been good enough for some fans. But his tenure seemed to have plagued with stories of dressing room dissent and almost unbelievably (now) that TC was the real manager pulling the strings. I felt sorry for Danny but think that if he hadn't been let go the difficulties he was having would have continued. But could it have been any worse than what we're facing now? I hope he does well. Alloa is one of the wee dopey clubs I've always liked. Hope we're not going to be like them in a few years.

I always felt Danny was a very honest, decent man doing his best. Of course that's never been good enough for some fans. But his tenure seemed to have plagued with stories of dressing room dissent and almost unbelievably (now) that TC was the real manager pulling the strings. I felt sorry for Danny but think that if he hadn't been let go the difficulties he was having would have continued. But could it have been any worse than what we're facing now? I hope he does well. Alloa is one of the wee dopey clubs I've always liked. Hope we're not going to be like them in a few years.

The TC being the real manager claims always made me laugh. Can't remember who it was peddling that on here, but they were pretty insistent on it....

Anyway, good luck to Danny. Always liked him as a person but was probably the right time for him to leave the club. Although, if it was a choice between him or Tommy I would have given Danny a lifetime contract.

He'll probably (I hope) prosper in this job, now that he doesn't have TC holding him back...

Just like he did in his first season with us! Wait a minute...

I'm sure that even you won't deny that DL's first season (better than Saints -so far- this season) had the team playing much more attractive football than that which was dished up by the sainted Gus?

My post may have been flippantly dismissive of TC but, on his own, DL was genuinely already heading in the right direction.

The TC being the real manager claims always made me laugh. Can't remember who it was peddling that on here, but they were pretty insistent on it....

Anyway, good luck to Danny. Always liked him as a person but was probably the right time for him to leave the club. Although, if it was a choice between him or Tommy I would have given Danny a lifetime contract.

Was it not that the senior players were taking the team? Whatever, this season has proven how much pish that was.

Good luck to Danny - will be weird seeing him in the away dugout next season.

I'm sure that even you won't deny that DL's first season (better than Saints -so far- this season) had the team playing much more attractive football than that which was dished up by the sainted Gus?

My post may have been flippantly dismissive of TC but, on his own, DL was genuinely already heading in the right direction.

That first season was brutal. The second worst season we've had in the top flight after this one, we finished with less points that year than we ever did under Gus.

Don't remember much good football, that started the following year. My memories of that season are a hatful of dud signings and being saved by a combination of Higdon and a hopeless Hamilion.

I'm not sure if appointing Craig as assistant was DL's choice, it probably wasn't, but it almost certainly cost him his job in the end.

It's not hard to see why the modern day footballer would lack respect for Craig bumbling about in his sweaters and then trying to stare anyone down who disagrees with him. Lennon obviously comes across as a bit...unique....himself at times but he is capable of getting teams playing well & gets the best out of youngsters. It always seemed to be a bit of a lack of spirit that held us back, I'm sure with a more down to earth character like Jimmy Nicholl next to him Lennon would have excelled. What a wait around his neck Craig must have been!

Tom Hendrie & John Coughlin are another good example of a managerial team with very different but complementary styles. The calculating schoolmaster and the bigger but friendlier assistant. Worked very well together but then hopeless apart.

I'm rambling on myself here like a Lennon post match interview.....best of luck to him at Alloa! Hope we don't get scudded off them next season!

Thought he would have got a full time gig. He's pretty much back at the level he was at before he came to us.

Good luck.

It's not about what level he is at.

The fact is that he's managed to get a job in an industry with 95% redundancy rate.

It's irrelevant which club that is at.

Good luck to him.

Looks like we'll be playing him next season.