Let's Prepare For The Championship

Think there will be 5 or 6 of our current players still here at the start of next season. Which is right, we need a clear out of the squad.

The club should start identifying and approaching out of contract players who are proven at Championship level now. Off the top of my head, why not someone like John Baird?

not paying for season ticket upfront next season not giving board money early on they can get

my cash game by game like they used to get it when i first started going

when they have our cash up front they ,dont care if you dont turn up you have paid ,

but if same dross next season no thanks

it will hurt them more than it hurts me dont think there will be any sell outs anyway

see you all next season

I think the manner in which we've thrown away our top flight staus will influence a lot of people in terms of their ongoing, routine support of the club. I'm thinking particularly about the youngsters. Kids won't struggle to find something more enjoyable to do than slavishly roll up at SMP every other Saturday. They will have been turned off the club as a result of the abject home form in particular, and won't have the same blind loyalty as many older fans (who also see the football as an escape from other aspects of adult life and a social outlet).

I think crowds will drop significantly next season. The club will decline, and it is difficult to envisage anything other than mid to low table stagnation for years to come. I acknowledge that I'm not the die-hard I once was. I suspect I won't be the only one.

I think I'll be preparing for life in the Championship by finding other things to do. I'm already some way down that road, so it won't be too much of a challenge.

Edited by Drew

I think the manner in which we've thrown away our top flight staus will influence a lot of people in terms of their ongoing, routine support of the club. I'm thinking particularly about the youngsters. Kids won't struggle to find something more enjoyable to do than slavishly roll up at SMP every other Saturday. They will have been turned off the club as a result of the abject home form in particular, and won't have the same blind loyalty as many older fans (who also see the football as an escape from other aspects of adult life and a social outlet).

I think crowds will drop significantly next season. The club will decline, and it is difficult to envisage anything other than mid to low table stagnation for years to come. I acknowledge that I'm not the die-hard I once was. I suspect I won't be the only one.

I tihnk I'll be preparing for life in the Championship by finding other things to do. I'm already some way down that road, so it won't be too much of a challenge.

Did the crowds go up when we returned to the top league then?

I doubt our support varies too much, on an average, no matter what happens.

I think I'll be preparing for life in the Championship by finding other things to do. I'm already some way down that road, so it won't be too much of a challenge.

Spot on , unfortunately for SMFC

I have never felt so gutted to be a saints fan looking at this table though it shows it was on the cards attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1428441903.005339.jpg

Got to hand it to RC, that's absolutely remarkable. I spoke to a crowd of their fans after we beat them with 10 men in Dingwall and to a man they were convinced they'd finish 12th. Since then they've became the form team in the country.

Did the crowds go up when we returned to the top league then?

I doubt our support varies too much, on an average, no matter what happens.

I'm saying I think they will go down on account of the manner in which we have reached the state we now find ourselves in.

I've spoken to at least half a dozen peole personally who are likely to give up their STs. Many kept them on because it made sense while they were taking their kids along due to the discounts, but, as I've said, I think kids will have been turned off the club now. No atmosphere at grounds, no buzz, virtually no wins, and very few passable performances. If you don't have an established sense of blind loyalty built up over the years, these things are critical in maintaining interest. Parents won't drag their weans along if they are bored shiteless, and are, therefore, less likely to come along themselves. There will certainly be a marked drop off in ST sales. I'm happy for you to bookmark this.

Edited by Drew

I'm saying I think they will go down on account of the manner in which we have reached the state we now find ourselves in.

I've spoken to at least half a dozen peole personally who are likely to give up their STs. Many kept them on because it made sense while they were taking their kids along due to the disounts, but, as I've said, I think kids will have been turned off the club now. No atmoshere at grounds, no buzz, virtually no wins, and very few performances. If you don't have an established sense of blind loyalty built up over the years, these things are critical in maintaining interest. Parents won't drag their weans along if they are bored shiteless, and are, therefore, less likely to come along themselves. There will certainly be a marked drop off in ST sales. I'm happy for you to bookmark this.

Oh well, six people, we're fcuked. lol.gif

Sure there could be an initial effect of getting relegated.

A half decent run and the attendances will be back to our average.

The league were playing in won't matter, it's about seeing a decent performance and winning games.

PS Having trouble bookmarking you tonight post count going through the roof. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

The league were playing in won't matter, it's about seeing a decent performance and winning games.

PS Having trouble bookmarking you tonight post count going through the roof. lol.gif

You said it,decent performances and winning games

Been a long time in the league since we have seen that especially moving to the new ground

The Championship ain't going to be easy and it's going to be a struggle to be competitive unless there's big changes at the club

Season ticket sales will be down, and that's what generally matter.

Walk up at the gate is a bonus, without season tickets our playing budget is slashed. I can't see why anyone in their right mind would happily hand over their money. The fans are the only people that have been conned this season, the players have been payed, the board are waiting for their pay day. f**k both sets the way they've went about their business of late.

I can assure you there will be more than 6. Drew is spot on, 3 of us have had season tickets every year since the late 90s and I don't think that will continue. It's staggering - a few years ago this board were (rightly) seen by the majority of fans as heroes, but their fall from grace is unprecedented. When did they stop giving a shit? When/where did they develop such contempt for the fanbase (by reading B&W Army?) What brought on the arrogance shown at Q&A nights?

The biggest shock for me is that we are led to believe that Gilmour et al are successful businessman yet they have made a series of staggering commercial decisions which has led us to the predicament we are in.

I can assure you there will be more than 6. Drew is spot on, 3 of us have had season tickets every year since the late 90s and I don't think that will continue. It's staggering - a few years ago this board were (rightly) seen by the majority of fans as heroes, but their fall from grace is unprecedented. When did they stop giving a shit? When/where did they develop such contempt for the fanbase (by reading B&W Army?) What brought on the arrogance shown at Q&A nights?

The biggest shock for me is that we are led to believe that Gilmour et al are successful businessman yet they have made a series of staggering commercial decisions which has led us to the predicament we are in.

Check the attendances over the last 20 years.

Keep to facts, not emotional statements.

I've heard similar statements almost every year over the last 9 seasons.

As I said, I'm not saying there could be an initial drop but our overheads will reduce.

Let's see what happens.

Relegation should be an opportunity to get rid of all the high earners and bring in players who will graft for the team ,

Change is badly needed and we need to have somebody in place now identifying who can do a job for us next season , we know where we will be , we will have a decent budget for that league , so we should be trying to get players in on PCA , and create a bit of enthusiasm for next season , who knows if the right changes are made season ticket sales might even increase.

My belief though is that next season we shouldn,t be over reliant on youngsters , and should be targeting experienced championship players to get best value from the budget we have.

Relegation should be an opportunity to get rid of all the high earners and bring in players who will graft for the team ,

Change is badly needed and we need to have somebody in place now identifying who can do a job for us next season , we know where we will be , we will have a decent budget for that league , so we should be trying to get players in on PCA , and create a bit of enthusiasm for next season , who knows if the right changes are made season ticket sales might even increase.

My belief though is that next season we shouldn,t be over reliant on youngsters , and should be targeting experienced championship players to get best value from the budget we have.

Good post. But sadly, this BoD are likely to do the complete f**king opposite.

Check the attendances over the last 20 years.

Keep to facts, not emotional statements.

I've heard similar statements almost every year over the last 9 seasons.

As I said, I'm not saying there could be an initial drop but our overheads will reduce.

Let's see what happens.

Indeed (but as a point of note, Dunfermline's average attendance this season is 2,592)...