Let's Prepare For The Championship

Oh well, six people, we're fcuked. :lol

Sure there could be an initial effect of getting relegated.

A half decent run and the attendances will be back to our average.

The league were playing in won't matter, it's about seeing a decent performance and winning games.

PS Having trouble bookmarking you tonight post count going through the roof. :lol

Oh well, six people, we're fcuked. :lol

Sure there could be an initial effect of getting relegated.

A half decent run and the attendances will be back to our average.

The league were playing in won't matter, it's about seeing a decent performance and winning games.

PS Having trouble bookmarking you tonight post count going through the roof. :lol

You can add on me and another 4 that I know of. I don't actually know anyone that's intending to renew. Drew is 100% correct. It's not the fact that we're relegated it's the penny pinching way that it was done that's sickened everyone.

Why would you buy a ticket when you have been short changed and on top of that it is certain there will be more cuts. I've not seen a win all season. I've had it.

You can add on me and another 4 that I know of. I don't actually know anyone that's intending to renew. Drew is 100% correct. It's not the fact that we're relegated it's the penny pinching way that it was done that's sickened everyone.

Why would you buy a ticket when you have been short changed and on top of that it is certain there will be more cuts. I've not seen a win all season. I've had it.

Aye...............

Heard it. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

PS If anyone renews please let Kendo know.

Edited by faraway saint

Got to hand it to RC, that's absolutely remarkable. I spoke to a crowd of their fans after we beat them with 10 men in Dingwall and to a man they were convinced they'd finish 12th. Since then they've became the form team in the country.

Do we have a certain bet on made at the beginning of the season for 50 smackeroos. Now I don't like to gloat that I told you so relegation wise but I did warn you topcat

As said in previous posts from here on in. I don't want to see. Arquin , genev ,gow in a saints top again need to blood the young players sbd do what hearts did all be it fir a full season play the youngsters

Abso no point playing shite that won't be here next season

Yeah I'd agree with that.

Good. Maybe then, whatever BOD we have will abolish all reserved seating as apparently no-one will be renewing. What's the point of continuing it? Then the singers can congregate in the middle of the North Bank and we can maybe get a bit of atmosphere in the Library ground.

As I said, I'm not saying there could be an initial drop but our overheads will reduce.

Let's see what happens.

You are wrong FS. When we were fighting promotion you tend to get the gates we get now , that being home gates anything from 3,000 to 3,500.

However mid table going nowhere our gates were down to the hard core around 2,000.

I consider myself one of the hard core. If there is no appointment of a manager before season tickets go on sale then I wont be buying one and there seems to be quite a few others ( hard core ) who are not replacing season tickets. For me it will come down to who the manager will be.

There is a real reality check here because we all know the way the club is run. There is no extra cash apart from gate money. If gates fall and they will then that will lead to a poor team on the park. The board have their work cut out.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

It's tough being relegated, but St Mirren fans will probably enjoy next season in the Championship more than any of the recent SPL league campaigns. Finishing 10th/11th every season in the SPL... it's hardly exciting stuff!

Next season you'll had a good chance of finishing in a play off place, probably win more games than you lose, some new places to visit - hopefully Cappielow, but being honest, I don't think Morton will get through the play-offs.

Championship could have St Mirren, Hibs, Motherwell, Morton... it's not too bad.

You are wrong FS. When we were fighting promotion you tend to get the gates we get now , that being home gates anything from 3,000 to 3,500.

However mid table going nowhere our gates were down to the hard core around 2,000.

I consider myself one of the hard core. If there is no appointment of a manager before season tickets go on sale then I wont be buying one and there seems to be quite a few others ( hard core ) who are not replacing season tickets. For me it will come down to who the manager will be.

There is a real reality check here because we all know the way the club is run. There is no extra cash apart from gate money. If gates fall and they will then that will lead to a poor team on the park. The board have their work cut out.

Who the manager is is actually the least important part of it rught now. It wouldn't matter if Jose mourinho was appointed, he still couldnt get us winning! it's the squad of players and the board that are needing changed!

Who the manager is is actually the least important part of it rught now. It wouldn't matter if Jose mourinho was appointed, he still couldnt get us winning! it's the squad of players and the board that are needing changed!

Have to disagree with that. A new manager brings a new mind set which will work through to the staff and the dressing room.

Just had exactly that where I work after the dinosaur that was in charge retired and was replaced by a younger, more forward looking boss. Been a breath of fresh air.

With a new manager, a new squad (including some from this season) and playing in a new league against unfamiliar opposition, every single one of them should be "up" for the challenge in front of them.

I shall with hold my season ticket money for as long as possible till I see what the boards next move is in the summer.

Hopefully they get the message that we are pissed off with their penny pinching and the expense of the team and GTF.

I also don't buy this "bleed the young players in now" nonsense. Take a look at it. The youngsters inthe squad right now just aren't very good. Naismisth and McGinn (who is away in the summer anyway) aside none of them are particularly special. For all the talk of the academy, how much have we actually made from these 'wonderful talents'?

We need a manager who is capable of cutting the deadwood out and rebuilding a squad from top to bottom in a single transfer window.

We will not come back up next season - probably won't be in contention for a play off spot either. 3-5 years minimum of Championship mediocrity beckons.

Edited by Lanarkshire_Bud

I just can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on this thread. The Championship is a f**king wilderness and no attempt to gloss it up with "different venues", "playoffs", "local derbies" or any other shite changes that.

Many of us have been to these places and been absolutely hosed so there's nothing new in that. The playoffs may keep the season going a wee bit longer but the whole point is to get back to where we are right now. As far as games with Morton go? To be honest, I could live without that rubbish.

Abject f**king failure at every conceivable level this season and it shouldn't be sugar coated in any way. Ask Dunfermline, Livvy, Falkirk and Raith about the romanticism of the lower leagues.

We could be in for a long ride here and for those who think the likes of Sean Kelly's a poor player you obviously have expunged the memories of the Gavin Galloway's and Ryan McKay's from your mental hard drives.

Edited by DLBud

I also don't buy this "bleed the young players in now" nonsense. Take a look at it. The youngsters inthe squad right now just aren't very good. Naismisth and McGinn (who is away in the summer anyway) aside none of them are particularly special. For all the talk of the academy, how much have we actually made from these 'wonderful talents'?

Agreed. Aside from a couple of good bits of play from Mallan, I've seen nothing of any merit from the collection of midgets we seem to have collected.

What exactly did McLear do to warrant such a long contract? Looks a very basic player to me.

As for the rest, Morgan, Brown, etc. I presume this 'cream' of our youth development will be let go in the summer, as usual.

I will also not be renewing my season ticket while the current BOD are at the helm, and I know of at least 4 other guys who have been season ticket holders for years who will be doing the same, we have been taken for mugs for too long now.

On a side note, for our remaining 6 games this season I hope there is no place in the team for the likes of Arquin, Genev or Wylde, we need to start preparing for life in the championship so I would not give these wasters anymore game time, there are other players I could name who are just not good enough and should be let go at the end of the season too but we need to field 11 players so we have no option but to play them for now.

I does worry me what quality of player we are going to attract for next season though, grim times ahead!

Whilst the Fat Lady hasnt begun singing, (just gargling at the moment) a plan for next season requires to be put into action. We need a coach who wants to build a legacy that will set the club back on a path of success and achievement. Theres a youngish guy out in spain who has made it known thats the kind of job he wants in scottish football, he has the contacts for an excellent coaching team, the ability to attract and develop bright young talent.

FFS board find the money, work with the fans and get Ian Cathro in ASAP so he has a full pre-season to shape a squad that will be ready to compete in either the championship or if miracles do happen the premier.

As said in previous posts from here on in. I don't want to see. Arquin , genev ,gow in a saints top again need to blood the young players sbd do what hearts did all be it fir a full season play the youngsters

Abso no point playing shite that won't be here next season

There is nothing to play for so i agree, the players who will not be playing in the championship next season should be told now that they are not going to be kept on, play the ones you intend to keep even if it means making up the numbers from thr u20s to field a team.

Too many wage thieves amongst the lot of them imo.

On a side note, for our remaining 6 games this season I hope there is no place in the team for the likes of Arquin, Genev or Wylde.

I does worry me what quality of player we are going to attract for next season though, grim times ahead!

To be fair, it cant be any worse than the players you have mentioned.

Perhaps a change of direction is required , maybe an exclusively youth development approach isn,t the way , Maybe its about identifying players in their early twenties who have lost their way , and working with them , Inverness have done very well doing this .

We need to generate enthusiasm for next season and starting next season with a team of under 21 players isn,t ideal .

A new management team needs to be in place , and trials / pre season needs to start early so we can get together a decent team for the new season and create a bit of buzz about the town .

Relegation should be our opportunity to get rid of the staleness and set foundations for the future , getting the right balance for youth and experience .