Let's Prepare For The Championship

I does worry me what quality of player we are going to attract for next season though, grim times ahead!

If you thought the players we had during the season of 'Beath ( © BTB) were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet...............................sad.png

I will also not be renewing my season ticket while the current BOD are at the helm, and I know of at least 4 other guys who have been season ticket holders for years who will be doing the same, we have been taken for mugs for too long now.

On a side note, for our remaining 6 games this season I hope there is no place in the team for the likes of Arquin, Genev or Wylde, we need to start preparing for life in the championship so I would not give these wasters anymore game time, there are other players I could name who are just not good enough and should be let go at the end of the season too but we need to field 11 players so we have no option but to play them for now.

I does worry me what quality of player we are going to attract for next season though, grim times ahead!

In theory being placed in central Scotland, having been an established SPL team, having a modern stadium and dedicated training facilities, we should be able to attract players of a very high championship standard.

However the reality is we will likely be given a sub standard coaching team and lower player budget than Falkirk, Hibs /Rangers /Ross County/motherwell. Therefore attracting dross once again.

Change has to start with the board

Then the management

Then the players

I doubt we will be back in the premiership for a while

Given the shambolic performances I doubt any if the players who are released or leave at the end of contract will get another gig in a professional football team.

We might not be back in the premiership for a while however some of these players will never be back in the game again.

The lack of fight and passion staggers me from grown adults who should be playing for their livelihood.

Edited by exiledfan

Given the shambolic performances I doubt any if the players who are released or leave at the end of contract will get another gig in a professional football team.

We might not be back in the premiership for a while however some of these players will never be back in the game again.

The lack of fight and passion staggers me from grown adults who should be playing for their livelihood.

Of course there is always the issue where it might not be that they are not trying but rather they are simply not good enough to compete at this level?

Won't be renewing either with those pricks at the helm.

I do have the answer.

First and most important BOD have to leave or totally change their strategy of trying to recoup.

Get back to our old strip, trust me its important

Get shot of all loan deals

Get shot of Teale

Appt a proper real football manager- Butcher my ideal choice

Give him 500k.

Appt Thommo as a coach

JG as club captain

Tie down, McGinn, Naismith and Kelly

Get Paisley Panda back

Get cheerleaders back

Show Scotland Saints are reinventing themselves, Hibs and Hearts increased attendance in Championship

Get a goalie

Get a centre Half.

Pay what is needed for a 20 goal hitman

Develop pace in team

And say sorry to fans, please support us, and hopefully attract interest of a buyer

Simples

Change of direction you say? That'll be David Longwell as the next manager then.

I fear that's what we will end up with next season. Season tickets are looking more doubtful for us next term, which is hard to contemplate but this board need to get the message. Stop signing managers / players and paying them off. We don't have the money to run a business/football club like that !!!!!!

Anyone can manage a football club, right? So don't renew the contract of the manager who gave a belief back to the club, kept us up and won a trophy we had never won before. Anyone can kick a fitba, right? So the Bored Of Directors are not renewing any players contracts and will instead pick themselves as the team. We're saved!

Emotions are running high after the most inept performance seen by St Mirren in recent times. Understandable. However let's have a bit of perspective. Since being promoted this was inevitable at some point. We are a club that will never challenge the big boys like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs etc over a sustained period. We are too big for The Championship, but we live in a world where the top league is too small to sustain the top 16-18 full time clubs. As such teams like us, Dundee, St Johnstone, Partick and Falkirk will be yo-yo sides. A cup win once in a generation. That's the nature of the beast. I have followed St Mirren for half a century. It is time some of our fans got over themselves. Sure, there were some monumental cock ups since the cup win, but we clear the rubbish and aim for next years play offs. COYS

Emotions are running high after the most inept performance seen by St Mirren in recent times. Understandable. However let's have a bit of perspective. Since being promoted this was inevitable at some point. We are a club that will never challenge the big boys like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs etc over a sustained period. We are too big for The Championship, but we live in a world where the top league is too small to sustain the top 16-18 full time clubs. As such teams like us, Dundee, St Johnstone, Partick and Falkirk will be yo-yo sides. A cup win once in a generation. That's the nature of the beast. I have followed St Mirren for half a century. It is time some of our fans got over themselves. Sure, there were some monumental cock ups since the cup win, but we clear the rubbish and aim for next years play offs. COYS

One major failing here, we won't clear anything. In the same way that they brought in Gus behind JC's back, signed DVZ, signed Cheesy and brought TC to the club as Jenks "left" the current board will clear out and bring in. We will have no input other than the money we spend...heck, we're not allowed to use forums, twitter or anything else to be anything other than submissive mobile wallets anyway.

One major failing here, we won't clear anything. In the same way that they brought in Gus behind JC's back, signed DVZ, signed Cheesy and brought TC to the club as Jenks "left" the current board will clear out and bring in. We will have no input other than the money we spend...heck, we're not allowed to use forums, twitter or anything else to be anything other than submissive mobile wallets anyway.

I know and agree to a point. But it's football ffs. St Mirren are 138 years old. Generations have watched highs and lows, but the club has survived much worse than this. Do you remember the heady days when they offered £1 million to Dundee for Coyne and Coyle? Or spent £400 thousand on players like Wishart and Manley? Good grief, does anyone want a return to that? We will tighten the belt and get back to basics. In due course, I have no doubt St Mirren will return to the top flight. I congratulate both Motherwell and Ross County on their turn around in form and wish both good luck, whoever is in the play off. Especially if it's Sevco they meet.

I know and agree to a point. But it's football ffs. St Mirren are 138 years old. Generations have watched highs and lows, but the club has survived much worse than this. Do you remember the heady days when they offered £1 million to Dundee for Coyne and Coyle? Or spent £400 thousand on players like Wishart and Manley? Good grief, does anyone want a return to that? We will tighten the belt and get back to basics. In due course, I have no doubt St Mirren will return to the top flight. I congratulate both Motherwell and Ross County on their turn around in form and wish both good luck, whoever is in the play off. Especially if it's Sevco they meet.

I certainly don't want a return to that. On the other side of that how many shareholders who are complaining now actually voted to raise the overdraft? That said, I don't want a return to Roland Fabiani or Alex Bone either. I'd much rather have honest players, a Broddle or two or a Chalmers.

I do have the answer.First and most important BOD have to leave or totally change their strategy of trying to recoup.Get back to our old strip, trust me its importantGet shot of all loan dealsGet shot of TealeAppt a proper real football manager- Butcher my ideal choiceGive him 500k.Appt Thommo as a coachJG as club captainTie down, McGinn, Naismith and KellyGet Paisley Panda backGet cheerleaders backShow Scotland Saints are reinventing themselves, Hibs and Hearts increased attendance in ChampionshipGet a goalieGet a centre Half.Pay what is needed for a 20 goal hitmanDevelop pace in teamAnd say sorry to fans, please support us, and hopefully attract interest of a buyerSimples

We need to keep Sadlier as well, he is signed, not on loan to the end of the season.

We need to keep Sadlier as well, he is signed, not on loan to the end of the season.

I'd agree with this, however I suspect that the lad will have plenty of other options and depending on whether current management are remaining in place or not will influence his decision. I think that there is a player with bags of potential, and would think that if we'd play him more central that he would flourish and be like Andy Dorman.

Not too upset about us going down, its the manner of it that is annoying. I was always prepared for relegation arriving at some point but not without a fight. It's the start of April ffs!

I'd agree with this, however I suspect that the lad will have plenty of other options and depending on whether current management are remaining in place or not will influence his decision. I think that there is a player with bags of potential, and would think that if we'd play him more central that he would flourish and be like Andy Dorman.

Agreed, other options or not we must keep him.

Doubt we'll be able to. Anybody who has seen snippets of him for us will see the potential and he'll be off. Teale has decided to almost never use him, and used Sonupe even less. What was the point of bringing them to the club?

Doubt we'll be able to. Anybody who has seen snippets of him for us will see the potential and he'll be off. Teale has decided to almost never use him, and used Sonupe even less. What was the point of bringing them to the club?

Could be purely coincidental but could the 2 boys be the players TC was going down to London to watch? If so it may explain why they haven't featured much although it doesn't explain why Teale signed them (unless they were the last option available due to having absolutely no scouting network). FWIW i'd keep Sadlier, Mallan and Tess (would have liked McGinn to stay but no chance that will happen now). All the rest can go.

The size of the support will largely depend on who the manager is and what players he bring to the club. Season tickets were certainly be down but if the club can get off to a good start as well as a decent pre season numbers may not fall to much. We have been in bigger shit than this before and survived. ICT, Patrick, Killie and Motherwell home support has also fallen in recent season so staying in the big league is no guarantee of not losing supporters.

Leadership is what's needed next year. Both on and off the pitch.

I want to see a leader in the middle of the defence who is capable of organising the back line and ensuring the midfield don't neglect their defensive duties and gives a round of f**ks when they don't as well as encouragement when they do well.

I want to see a vocal midfielder who has a bit of spark and organises us going forward.

I want to see a manager who is issuing a round of f**ks from the touchline and getting stuck in when things don't go well, but can praise when they are.

We need to see a manager who has a bit of gravitas and respect. We need a manager that is willing to change his tactics when its not working and sets out his team to be more aggressive and physical than his opponents.

I don't think you need to have the best players to perform well and get back out of the championship. We need guts, determination and guys who want to play for St Mirren in the premiership.

Tommy Turner and Mark Yardley could hardly be classed as the most talented footballers but they certainly put their all in and would have bled to get us up that year.