Immediate Clear Out & Rebuilding

Re McGinn - I was very disappointed with him last night. I know he's young still, and has proved himself for us in the past to a degree, but his body language was screaming 'I'm on a PCA somewhere else, get me out of here and don't let me get injured.'

Of course, that's wild speculation, but it was painful to watch.

If he has been tapped up early in the season then that club will either have to pay the development fee that is due or at the very best negotiate a transfer fee with saints.

Up to the saints board how desperate they are for the money or they could play hard ball and wait for a club to pay the full development fee

Given that no one was willing to pay a similar fee for Kenny last summer I can't think there will be a q of clubs looking to pay top dollar for McGinn

The board have made mistakes, a whole raft of them. But they also saved our club and gave us a new stadium and a training ground and brought us financial stability. Bottom line is we still have a team to support. These are not rich men, but guys who put their money where their heart and souls were. Ross County and Motherwell both have sugar daddies, and good luck to them, but we don't and I'm afraid that when the shit hits the fan in football its the fan who suffers. And that my friends is the only thing that keeps our wonderful club going. The fans. You and I. When you love something and it goes tits up you want to blame someone and have a big greet. No one died last night, although my liver did take a helluva pounding. There will still be a St Mirren next season and I'll be there, moaning and greetin as always. So will my kids, and so, some day, maybe, their kids will experience the unique pleasure and pain that is supporting our wonderful club and that is due to Messrs Gilmour, Campbell and McAusland. Have they got everything right, absolutely not, but they have got most things right and this season they have got a lot of things wrong. Shit happens. The championship beckons and our club need us more than ever so put the hankies away. Now, bring on the soapdodgers................

All true

Just seems strange that they have made so many bad decisions in all the one season

The board have made mistakes, a whole raft of them. But they also saved our club and gave us a new stadium and a training ground and brought us financial stability. Bottom line is we still have a team to support. These are not rich men, but guys who put their money where their heart and souls were. Ross County and Motherwell both have sugar daddies, and good luck to them, but we don't and I'm afraid that when the shit hits the fan in football its the fan who suffers. And that my friends is the only thing that keeps our wonderful club going. The fans. You and I. When you love something and it goes tits up you want to blame someone and have a big greet. No one died last night, although my liver did take a helluva pounding. There will still be a St Mirren next season and I'll be there, moaning and greetin as always. So will my kids, and so, some day, maybe, their kids will experience the unique pleasure and pain that is supporting our wonderful club and that is due to Messrs Gilmour, Campbell and McAusland. Have they got everything right, absolutely not, but they have got most things right and this season they have got a lot of things wrong. Shit happens. The championship beckons and our club need us more than ever so put the hankies away. Now, bring on the soapdodgers................

what a load of shite.

Would keep Goodwin and Thompson on reduced contracts with have them as assistant managers ( let them go if they reject the terms ) , and appoint an experienced manager to mentor them , maybe Butcher or Nicholl , and then identify a three year plan to rebuild the club top to bottom.

I don,t think an exclusively youth policy is the way forward , and our starting line up should only contain a couple of under 21 players in it , with another 3 or 4 on the bench .

We need to create some enthusiasm and energy about the club , and the rebuilding process should start now .

I liked the way Inverness started pre season training very early one season and used the process to more or less recruit a whole team , an approach like that would help season ticket sales and bring about a bit of positivity to the club.

As would an energetic and ambitious set of new owners

can I ask you a question Griff. You go into work and the boss tells you your wages are now half and there is a clause they will allow you to find a new job. . Can I ask what you would do. That' sweat is in the current playing stags contracts.

can I ask you a question Griff. You go into work and the boss tells you your wages are now half and there is a clause they will allow you to find a new job. . Can I ask what you would do. That' sweat is in the current playing stags contracts.

Can we play Gary Teale's pet pig alongside the stags? I'm sure it would sweat too.

Where to begin? I'd release / sack everyone except Thompson, Mallan and McLear.

Appoint Ian Murray as manager.

Start rebuilding tomorrow.

lol.gif Aye we should simply ignore legally binding contracts of employment overnight.

This is why football fans should never run football clubs.

Clueless doesn't begin to describe it.

If he has been tapped up early in the season then that club will either have to pay the development fee that is due or at the very best negotiate a transfer fee with saints.

Up to the saints board how desperate they are for the money or they could play hard ball and wait for a club to pay the full development fee

Given that no one was willing to pay a similar fee for Kenny last summer I can't think there will be a q of clubs looking to pay top dollar for McGinn

Recent history shows that our U21 work at Ralston has produced few real talents and when it does the young stars can't wait to leave. Loyalty seems to be a rare commodity in pro football now. When we unearth a Mclean or McGinn, the best we can hope for is the prescribed compensation of about £200k - if the player has been with us for years. Is it worth persevering with Ralston or should we spend the scarce cash on our first team squad and a good scouting system?

Recent history shows that our U21 work at Ralston has produced few real talents and when it does the young stars can't wait to leave. Loyalty seems to be a rare commodity in pro football now. When we unearth a Mclean or McGinn, the best we can hope for is the prescribed compensation of about £200k - if the player has been with us for years. Is it worth persevering with Ralston or should we spend the scarce cash on our first team squad and a good scouting system?

Where would the team train if we gave up Ralston - Racecourse?

Racecourse looks great today. Don't know how much the Ralston rent is and how much of the cost goes on players and coaches? Plus if training is a couple of hours a day is it fully utilised? My point is if we are as skint as Chick Young says then can we get a bigger bang for our buck by changing things up. Plastic pitch at GHR? Divert as much cash as possible into 15 or so top players? I am more interested in the product that we get to see on a Saturday than molly codling players Monday - Friday.

So, who would you bust a gut to try and retain from this lot ?

Naismith, Jason DEF
Kelly, Sean DEF
McAusland, Marc DEF
Goodwin, Jim DEF
McGinn, John MID
Gow, Alan MID
Thompson, Steven FWD
Sadlier, Kieran MID
Wylde, Gregg FWD
Ridgers, Mark GK
Osbourne, Isaac MID
Reilly, Thomas FWD
Arquin, Yoann FWD
Ball, Callum FWD
Dayton, James FWD
Yaqub, Mohammed DEF
Brown, Adam MID
Williams, Mark DEF
Teale, Gary MID
Tesselaar, Jeroen DEF
Sonupe, Emmanuel MID
Kello, Marian GK
Baird, Jack DEF
Mallan, Stephen MID
McLear, Lewis MID
Morgan, Lewis MID
Genev, Viktor DEF

I think we can take it as read that McGinn will be away. Mallan and McLear will be sticking around. Of the rest I would still be tempted to try and keep Thommo. With a full pre-season behind him I don't see why he wouldn't be a great asset to have in the Championship.

The rest, I can't really say I'd be that fussed to lose any of them to be perfectly honest.

Naismith, Jason DEF

Kelly, Sean DEF

McAusland, Marc DEF

Goodwin, Jim DEF

McGinn, John MID

Gow, Alan MID

Thompson, Steven FWD

Sadlier, Kieran MID

Wylde, Gregg FWD

Ridgers, Mark GK

Osbourne, Isaac MID

Reilly, Thomas FWD

Arquin, Yoann FWD

Ball, Callum FWD

Dayton, James FWD

Yaqub, Mohammed DEF

Brown, Adam MID

Williams, Mark DEF

Teale, Gary MID

Tesselaar, Jeroen DEF

Sonupe, Emmanuel MID

Kello, Marian GK

Baird, Jack DEF

Mallan, Stephen MID

McLear, Lewis MID

Morgan, Lewis MID

Genev, Viktor DEF

I think we can take it as read that McGinn will be away. Mallan and McLear will be sticking around. Of the rest I would still be tempted to try and keep Thommo. With a full pre-season behind him I don't see why he wouldn't be a great asset to have in the Championship.

The rest, I can't really say I'd be that fussed to lose any of them to be perfectly honest.

I think Thommo expects a final season in the Top League. That would concern me as, like you , I reckon he would be effective with us in the Championship. He seems very out of sorts just now, not just physically , but emotionally. I think he was sickened by TC and some stuff is hanging over him ever since

As for the rest, I'd keep Osbourne, Mallan, McLear, Genev, if he fancied it, Goodwin with a view to getting into team coaching, the rest, nope.

Aye, those 3 plus Goodwin.

Jim is under contract I think so we might not have much choice. I think he did OK in the latter part of this season but when all said and done I think he's not good enough to play centre half and I think he's too slow to play in the middle of the park.

If we can move him on I think we should.

I think Thommo expects a final season in the Top League. That would concern me as, like you , I reckon he would be effective with us in the Championship. He seems very out of sorts just now, not just physically , but emotionally. I think he was sickened by TC and some stuff is hanging over him ever since

As for the rest, I'd keep Osbourne, Mallan, McLear, Genev, if he fancied it, Goodwin with a view to getting into team coaching, the rest, nope.

Thommo will stay if he is offered another year I would think. Agree he hasn't seemed himself this season though, doesn't look happy at all on the park.

Osbourne is a luxury we can't afford I'm afraid. Too injury prone, which is why he ended up with us in the first place. If he was fit all the time he'd be at a bigger club than us.

I'd keep Genev, but he'll never stay. Sadlier also, but again he may move on. Cheesy could look okay in the Championship. but then again he has been shown up vs QOTS in the past so maybe not. I'd keep Naismith and Kelly on top of Thommo, McLear and Mallan. May even be Ball's level, but obviously he may want to move and start again elsewhere.

Naismith, Jason DEF

Kelly, Sean DEF

McAusland, Marc DEF

Goodwin, Jim DEF

McGinn, John MID

Gow, Alan MID

Thompson, Steven FWD

Sadlier, Kieran MID

Wylde, Gregg FWD

Ridgers, Mark GK

Osbourne, Isaac MID

Reilly, Thomas FWD

Arquin, Yoann FWD

Ball, Callum FWD

Dayton, James FWD

Yaqub, Mohammed DEF

Brown, Adam MID

Williams, Mark DEF

Teale, Gary MID

Tesselaar, Jeroen DEF

Sonupe, Emmanuel MID

Kello, Marian GK

Baird, Jack DEF

Mallan, Stephen MID

McLear, Lewis MID

Morgan, Lewis MID

Genev, Viktor DEF

McGinn will be away to join the new blue saints at Dundee !

Naismith, Jason DEF

Kelly, Sean DEF

Goodwin, Jim DEF

Thompson, Steven FWD

Sadlier, Kieran MID

Ridgers, Mark GK

Tesselaar, Jeroen DEF

Mallan, Stephen MID

McLear, Lewis MID

Too many for me. I wouldn't keep either keeper, they are both poor, as are both the left back options.

Naismith is ok, can see a case for keeping him.

I'd keep Genev, but he'll never stay. Sadlier also, but again he may move on. Cheesy could look okay in the Championship. but then again he has been shown up vs QOTS in the past so maybe not. I'd keep Naismith and Kelly on top of Thommo, McLear and Mallan. May even be Ball's level, but obviously he may want to move and start again elsewhere.

With the joint worst defensive record in the top flight, and ONE clean sheet to our name all season long, I can't seriously believe you would keep four defenders from that squad !

Genev, Kelly and Naismith all played in that debacle on Tuesday and every single one of them was absolutely abysmal.

Ridgers has a contract for next year does he not? Pretty confident he will be our number 1 next season.

Guess we will keep all those who are under contract as we won't have much choice.

I would be tempted to try and renew Sadlier. He's young and a bit lightweight but I think there's something there. I also think we should and will renew McAusland's contract.

The rest should and hopefully will be released.

Edited by TopCat