Immediate Clear Out & Rebuilding

Don't know about that. If we offer him a contract we' should be due a fair sized developement fee

I think we would get a lot more if it's cross-border. In Scotland I believe the buying club can take it to a tribunal !

With the joint worst defensive record in the top flight, and ONE clean sheet to our name all season long, I can't seriously believe you would keep four defenders from that squad !

Genev, Kelly and Naismith all played in that debacle on Tuesday and every single one of them was absolutely abysmal.

I'm thinking of quality needed for top four next season.

So he gets another season to come for his first cross ?

He's certainly not a great keeper but he's not the worst I've seen play for us. He's probably Championship level.

Can't see us doing much better if we did pay to release him.

First and foremost we most definitely require a new Management Team in place.

Any new manager has to have the winner mentality that only a few possess eg Hartley , Neil etc

I've had a look down the leagues and can't see anyone who fits the bill.

Too many for me. I wouldn't keep either keeper, they are both poor, as are both the left back options.

Naismith is ok, can see a case for keeping him.

Cant argue with that either

Would keep the keeper and Kelly though IMO both will be good players in a lower league

I'm thinking of quality needed for top four next season.

The defence has been poor for as long as I can remember.

Even the side that won the Cup was pretty dreadful at the back, we let in two goals in three of our five ties and still won it !

With the joint worst defensive record in the top flight, and ONE clean sheet to our name all season long, I can't seriously believe you would keep four defenders from that squad !

Genev, Kelly and Naismith all played in that debacle on Tuesday and every single one of them was absolutely abysmal.

Kelly and Naismith have contracts so will be here. I suppose someone might take a punt on Naismith but I doubt it.

As I said on the other thread, our defence has been shocking this season but the majority are under contract so there's hardly any room for manoeuvre. Ridgers, Kelly, Naismith and Goodwin all have deals and it would be a surprise if McAusland didn't get offered one, so we'll be going with the majority of the guys responsible for the shambles. At least up front we can have a clear out and start again.

Since we got promoted I've gradually lost touch with who is decent in the lower leagues (aside from at Queens) so have no idea about the quality of players or who would be worth trying to tempt. However, I'd be surprised if there weren't better goalies or defenders available - the problem is we don't have much squad space for them.

The defence has been poor for as long as I can remember.

Even the side that won the Cup was pretty dreadful at the back, we let in two goals in three of our five ties and still won it !

Aye, indeed we were very {looks around the room} lucky not to be about 3 down in the Final before the players shook the fear off. We've discussed the defensive failings over and over, but I still think the Championship would be okay for Kelly and Naismith. We could maybe work on retaining possession and not just launching it forward. It's been like a game of rebound all season.

All the players will have clauses in their contracts regarding salary in the event of relegation. I reckon most will move down to 50% or so of what they are on in the Premiership.

So the likes of Ridgers, even though he's under contract, might not fancy hanging around and request a move anyway.

For pretty much my whole life as a Saints fan we've had at least one great keeper. This season I don't think that's been the case. Kello was superb when he first joined but finished last season poorly and that carried on into this campaign. Ridgers is "ok" as a shot stopper but being a goalkeeper at this level is about so much more than that and for me he's not good enough.

Kelly and Naismith have contracts so will be here. I suppose someone might take a punt on Naismith but I doubt it.

As I said on the other thread, our defence has been shocking this season but the majority are under contract so there's hardly any room for manoeuvre. Ridgers, Kelly, Naismith and Goodwin all have deals and it would be a surprise if McAusland didn't get offered one, so we'll be going with the majority of the guys responsible for the shambles. At least up front we can have a clear out and start again.

If Kelly hit the gym he might have a chance of doing something. McAusland for me isn't a bad player but I think it would be best for him, and the club, if he moved on.

A lot will depend on the new management team and what they could get out some of this lot.

On current effort level and performance I would say most would struggle to get a new team.

However I doubt we will be in any position to ditch twenty players and start over.

Can't believe people are saying they'd keep Genev. If you can bear to do so, watch the first goal again from Tuesday night. Yeah, Kelly gets skinned, but Genev's positioning isn't just poor, it's completely bizarre. The second goal, he's tight on his man, but gets turned embarrassingly easily.

On the flip side, I do feel a temptation to say 'well, they're not top flight standard, but they might do a job in the Championship...' I'd (incorrectly) apply that thinking to the likes of Ball, Arquin, Wylde, Cheesy... but it'd be wrong to do so. Our squad is rancid and the more we can cut from it, the better.

How many from the current squad have we got on contract for next season.

This team is piss poor and has been getting poorer with every signing the last good signings were Isma, Newton, and Dummet all loanees

I would love to see a Marquee Signing come in over the summer.

I would keep Goodwin and thomohawk the thought of Sean Kelly being first pick ne t season frightenes me we need right back as don't fancy Naismith there need 2big centre halves doubt we will cheesy will get new deal although he shouldn't Imo not to fussed bout anyone else poorest SPL in years so can't argue if there let go recruitment has to start now not wait till July when just players available no one else wants

Kelly was decent last season but he looked as natural left back as a fish on a bike the other night.

What happened?

Cheesy will be here next season as no one in the top league will want him

The only way Thommo will stay if he's on the coaching staff

Is it just me, or has Thommo constantly looked pissed off/guttted the whole season? I mean when playing, not on Sportscene and the like. Hasn't looked up for it. Part of me can't help but think he's angry and disappointed at being passed over for one of the coaching roles last summer. Who knows.

Is it just me, or has Thommo constantly looked pissed off/guttted the whole season? I mean when playing, not on Sportscene and the like. Hasn't looked up for it. Part of me can't help but think he's angry and disappointed at being passed over for one of the coaching roles last summer. Who knows.

Very huffy looking.

We absolutely need to freshen up the back four and as McAusland is out of contract it would be f**king bizarre to offer him a new deal. I'm not saying he's the worst of the bunch by any means but he's out of contract and should be gone.

Kelly should never get to play left back again irrespective of what level we're playing at. He's left midfield for me or a bench warmer.

Naismith needs to recapture his form under Lennon to keep his place.

Genev? I'll just say no thanks and move along.

How many from the current squad have we got on contract for next season.

This team is piss poor and has been getting poorer with every signing the last good signings were Isma, Newton, and Dummet all loanees

I would love to see a Marquee Signing come in over the summer.

Inverhall Johnstone ? He's got legs as thick as a tent pole!