Immediate Clear Out & Rebuilding

Kelly was decent last season but he looked as natural left back as a fish on a bike the other night.

What happened?

Cheesy will be here next season as no one in the top league will want him

The only way Thommo will stay if he's on the coaching staff

Cheesy is out of contract and it would be best for him if he left the club, we need to clear the decks and start again.

I was down visiting friends at Easter and went to see Shewsbury v Dagenham.

Shewsbury are second in League 2 down there and won the game 2-0, which was their 23rd clean sheet of the season. They got their 24th on Monday.

The thing that struck me about their defence was that it was absolutely MASSIVE. The two centre halves were absolutely huge, built like brick shithouses, the lad at right back was quick, big and strong, same with the left back. The rest of the team are decent but what a defence that is, and when they go a goal up they almost always go on to win their games.

I'd like to see us build a completely new defence next season, Jason & Sean are fine to have in the squad but ideally I'd like a whole new first choice back 4 and a new keeper. Don't want much do I !?

Kelly was decent last season but he looked as natural left back as a fish on a bike the other night.

What happened?

Cheesy will be here next season as no one in the top league will want him

The only way Thommo will stay if he's on the coaching staff

Kelly's certainly not had a good season, particularly at left back. He's had a few good games going forward though.

Up in Dingwall in particular. He was outstanding that day, scored one and set up the other and had a stormer. Also played well in Perth where he made another good assist in the win there earlier in the season.

Definitely worth keeping for the Championship, hopefully he can get back to the form that saw him in the Scotland U21 team.

Kelly's certainly not had a good season, particularly at left back. He's had a few good games going forward though.

Up in Dingwall in particular. He was outstanding that day, scored one and set up the other and had a stormer. Also played well in Perth where he made another good assist in the win there earlier in the season.

Definitely worth keeping for the Championship, hopefully he can get back to the form that saw him in the Scotland U21 team.

QoS would rip us a new one on tonight's showing. I don't think we can assume our lot will shine in the Championship. We need to go into this league with our best possible squad.

Still feeling a bit raw after Monday night, but one player who must go is Kellly. I could go into a lot of detail why but it would sound sooooooo bad.

He's garbage, wouldn't look out of place playing at amateur level.

Fitness is terrible for a professional footballer, breathing out his arse after only about 10 minutes, I cringe watching him.

Genev came in to a clusterfcuk of a club, never mind a season. Wee Snoopy gets shoved on when a team in relegation trouble goes 2,3 or more goals down.

Sadlier is in the same boat. Sadlier, Snoopy and Genev I cannot judge properly. All three are in a difficult position.

They might do better in a team starting with the same points as everyone else with hopefully a new outside manager with no prior pals in the dressing room, coming in to kick some arses.

QoS would rip us a new one on tonight's showing. I don't think we can assume our lot will shine in the Championship. We need to go into this league with our best possible squad.

I never said we would... And QOS could go up. An in form Sean Kelly was good enough for the top flight last year and he has showed flashes this year.

He's got a contract and I'm sure he will be part of the squad next season. It's up to him to win a new one.

If previous relegations are anything to go by, it's pointless for fans to say who we want to keep and let go. The harsh reality is that we'll keep the cheaper players that no-one wants and lose the ones (if there are any) with any sort of track record or ability.

Genev came in to a clusterfcuk of a club, never mind a season. Wee Snoopy gets shoved on when a team in relegation trouble goes 2,3 or more goals down.

Sadlier is in the same boat. Sadlier, Snoopy and Genev I cannot judge properly. All three are in a difficult position.

They might do better in a team starting with the same points as everyone else with hopefully a new outside manager with no prior pals in the dressing room, coming in to kick some arses.

I like that Genev at least can read things and be on the front foot. He also appeared to give Goodwin a bit of an earful for needlessly heading the ball out on tuesday.

I wouldn't offer anyone who is out of contract a deal, let them go. I would also allow the others to find another club if they wish.

There is an atmosphere at the club that needs to be changed. McGinn making wee digs on Twitter yesterday, numerous stories about Thommo and Teale having a bust up, Goodwin being demoted. It's all hanging over us.

Have a clear out, take our medicine and start again.

I wouldn't offer anyone who is out of contract a deal, let them go. I would also allow the others to find another club if they wish.

There is an atmosphere at the club that needs to be changed. McGinn making wee digs on Twitter yesterday, numerous stories about Thommo and Teale having a bust up, Goodwin being demoted. It's all hanging over us.

Have a clear out, take our medicine and start again.

This is stories i heard

A bad atmosphere between all senior players

A right gutting is needed

Players don't live in the same world as fans. 24hrs after one of the most embarrassing displays we've all had to endure meaning almost certain relegation with job losses etc, John McGinn is on Twitter having a dig at someone either previously or currently at the club re his brother being allowed to leave. Absolute pish!

This is a critical time for some leadership finally to be shown by our board.

I don't think St Mirren fans have any expectation of a winning team or believe we have a divine right to be at the top. I remember how we got behind the team during Tom Hendrie's SPL season, cheering them off the park after 0-5 and 1-7 results to bigger sides. We do expect a bit of fight though! Where the hell has that gone?

As we have learned in the past dropping down a league is not easy. Never mind not coming straight back up, there is every chance the current bunch would actually head straight to League 1.

Time to build a squad that will bring us back up, with some young players that the fans can get behind.

Where to begin? I'd release / sack everyone except Thompson, Mallan and McLear.

Appoint Ian Murray as manager.

Start rebuilding tomorrow.

You're not really getting how this works are you!!! When a player has a contract you can't sack them or release them (unless you are going to pay off their contract) However if a player wants to leave 99 times out of 100 he gets his way!

in other words the player holds all the aces these days. The fact is we haven't signed a decent player since Steven Thompson (2011) ( and he fell into our lap) and have given contracts to dozens and dozens of players who were no where near good enough to play at this level.

Danny, Tommy Craig and Gary Teale have wasted huge amounts of money in wages on signing nobodies and never have beens!! That coupled with the ridiculous decisions to give the Managers Job to Craig and then Teale is why we are in this mess!!

it's not really rocket science.