Disgrace!

My posts have been recent, and infrequent, however.....

Just back from the 200 mile trip, collectively me and those who travelled have spent over a grand watching some of the poorest footballing exploits I have ever seen!

In optimism and pure blind faith, I expected some sort of desire and fight from our team tonight.

What I witnessed was, men against boys, organisation v's disorganisation, and a team who wanted to win, v's a who hoped to win!!

We are relegated, and it happens to our team, we will get promoted again, however....

How can the BOD seriously think fans won't get turned off? Without regurgitating everything that's been said on this forum.... Danny Lennon, TC, GT, selling KM, new signings not been played... Really what the fcuk is the deal with sanoupe??? Listening to the shite from cheesy about staying up this morning, only to get absolutely turned over by utter pish tonight!!??

I don't personally think GT is to blame, he should have served an apprenticeship before taking the reigns.

This summer has to be our genesis, new owners, new manager, clear out of the team, start a fcuking again, and get us something to be excited about.

There is absolutely no reason why Inverness, RC, Hamilton, St Johnstone, killie, dundee, etc should be so far ahead of us.

Our club is in the state its in because of shite management from top to bottom, and unless we want to go the way of airdrie, Dunfermline, raith, then the BOD NEED TO GO BIG OR GO HOME!!! We are a shambles, youth is not producing, 1st team are not producing, BOD are not producing! Yes they may have invested in the past, but they aren't now, and while they are cutting back on output, we're still expected to financially input, it's not on, start again, and we can all get excited about SMFC's future!!

My posts have been recent, and infrequent, however.....

Just back from the 200 mile trip, collectively me and those who travelled have spent over a grand watching some of the poorest footballing exploits I have ever seen!

In optimism and pure blind faith, I expected some sort of desire and fight from our team tonight.

What I witnessed was, men against boys, organisation v's disorganisation, and a team who wanted to win, v's a who hoped to win!!

We are relegated, and it happens to our team, we will get promoted again, however....

How can the BOD seriously think fans won't get turned off? Without regurgitating everything that's been said on this forum.... Danny Lennon, TC, GT, selling KM, new signings not been played... Really what the fcuk is the deal with sanoupe??? Listening to the shite from cheesy about staying up this morning, only to get absolutely turned over by utter pish tonight!!??

I don't personally think GT is to blame, he should have served an apprenticeship before taking the reigns.

This summer has to be our genesis, new owners, new manager, clear out of the team, start a fcuking again, and get us something to be excited about.

There is absolutely no reason why Inverness, RC, Hamilton, St Johnstone, killie, dundee, etc should be so far ahead of us.

Our club is in the state its in because of shite management from top to bottom, and unless we want to go the way of airdrie, Dunfermline, raith, then the BOD NEED TO GO BIG OR GO HOME!!! We are a shambles, youth is not producing, 1st team are not producing, BOD are not producing! Yes they may have invested in the past, but they aren't now, and while they are cutting back on output, we're still expected to financially input, it's not on, start again, and we can all get excited about SMFC's future!!

The one's that bother to turn up and when they also decide not too. sad.png We are part of St.Mirren's future.

The ultimate irony was served up yesterday................ Cajoled, encouraged, pleaded with and encouraged to spend our well earned cash by Stuart Gilmour to make the effort to go and support the team in the hour of need in Motherwell.

So we go, we watch in awe as one team wants to win it and the other goes through the motions of making up the numbers for 90 minutes.

I say "irony" as it can't escape Mr Gilmour's attention that the state of the club, the team and the position we are in, are probably 90% down to the lack of vision, commitment, investment and direction from the top that is required by any organisation if the company / team / staff are to be encouraged to win, fight for their job, and succeed. Firm management with a goal in sight is what is needed in any organisation and we have lacked this for something like four to fiveyears.

The BoD's have sought an exit ever since the Tesco deal, but they have found that the price they thought their time and investment was worth was not what others believed it was worth, so they have hung on to some long term hope that someone from somewhere will come out of the closet and pay them an amount that they think their share ownership entitles them to.

There is a direct analogy with building a house. You can spend no end of money in making that house great looking, work perfectly and appear to be the perfect residency...................... but cost and value have little or no direct link. So you can spend £1m in building a house in say Greenock, but it might only be worth only £300k.

That in effect is what the BoD's have, an asset that they think they have built that is worth X amount and the rest of the world believing it is probably worth at least 1/3rd of that amount.

I had never thought that I would argue for change the way I now feel. There is a way to force the Board but I'm not yet inclined to push for that option, but unless they commit to a vision they will see less and less commitment from the fans and the players as time dwindles by.

I'm very sad today..................... we're going down with a whimper and a distinct lack of directionFlush.gifboo-sign.gifsad.png

The worry has to be that this is the beginning of a downward spiral and not the end of it as some may hope.

Mr Gilmour has previous when it comes to throwing the baby out with the bath water. Fail to win the first half dozen or so games in the Championship and we'll see a repeat of 2001's firesale mentality when he announced that the full first team squad was up for sale....we then slide down the table.

In truth, the writing hss been on the wall for a good number of seasons.

The ultimate irony was served up yesterday................ Cajoled, encouraged, pleaded with and encouraged to spend our well earned cash by Stuart Gilmour to make the effort to go and support the team in the hour of need in Motherwell.

So we go, we watch in awe as one team wants to win it and the other goes through the motions of making up the numbers for 90 minutes.

I say "irony" as it can't escape Mr Gilmour's attention that the state of the club, the team and the position we are in, are probably 90% down to the lack of vision, commitment, investment and direction from the top that is required by any organisation if the company / team / staff are to be encouraged to win, fight for their job, and succeed. Firm management with a goal in sight is what is needed in any organisation and we have lacked this for something like four to fiveyears.

The BoD's have sought an exit ever since the Tesco deal, but they have found that the price they thought their time and investment was worth was not what others believed it was worth, so they have hung on to some long term hope that someone from somewhere will come out of the closet and pay them an amount that they think their share ownership entitles them to.

There is a direct analogy with building a house. You can spend no end of money in making that house great looking, work perfectly and appear to be the perfect residency...................... but cost and value have little or no direct link. So you can spend £1m in building a house in say Greenock, but it might only be worth only £300k.

That in effect is what the BoD's have, an asset that they think they have built that is worth X amount and the rest of the world believing it is probably worth at least 1/3rd of that amount.

I had never thought that I would argue for change the way I now feel. There is a way to force the Board but I'm not yet inclined to push for that option, but unless they commit to a vision they will see less and less commitment from the fans and the players as time dwindles by.

I'm very sad today..................... we're going down with a whimper and a distinct lack of direction:toilet :boo::(

Would disagree on a couple of points. The chairman cajoling, pleading and encouraging the support sounds like a few months ago he came out fighting to rally the weary supporters, and, with woad painted on his face, he rode past the West Stand on a mighty stallion, waving a huge Adidas flag to indicate the deal he's struck for next season, while screaming, 'they can take our Kenny, but they cannot take our top flight statussssss!'

He did no such thing. He did fcuk-all until SMiSA poked him with a nicely worded, and indeed restrained, electronic message. Only then did he trot out a couple of quick paragraphs after being prompted to. When they wanted us to suck Rangers dick, they were a damn sight quicker and more animated in reaching out to the St Mirren support. Which brings me neatly onto a point you make about 'irony'.

I think the irony is not in his statement prior to last night's game. The irony is that if there's any armageddon in the air, it isn't because of Rangers at all, it's because of his BoDs actions SINCE 'Rangers'. Clearly, armageddon did not happen, and in fact, many non OF clubs have moved forward. ICT sniffing Europe... What was a pretty poor Aberdeen rallying so much that they ran Celtic close... Hamilton flying - until losing what is now clearly a very good young manager, and let's not forget, tough tackling midfielder... Dundee sniffing top 6 and getting good results... Killie moving quietly away from any relegation woes...The fakes winning the Scottish Cup and clearly NOT being a club even thinking about being relegation fodder. Even Motherwell, who were in freefall - they bring in Pearson & McDonald, and Barraclough (we could even see it in their dressing room cam' last night) looks like a manager who can organise, inspire, and rally his troops.

That's the irony. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so painful. In a top flight free from Rangers, Hearts and Hibs - meaning three clubs with hugely bigger resources than us were not even around to probably finish above us, we fcuked ourselves up our own arse against teams we could so easily have finished above, or at the very least, been very close to in points gained. This could have been one almighty relegation / top 6 scrap involving six or seven clubs of similar stature.

No, we fcuk it up at the worst ever time to go down. Not only that, we look like managing to fcuk it up by missing out on the new money-spinning and what would be exciting and scary in equal measure, playoff matches.

I am genuinely not that angry about it, but I will be if that BoD are still in place and send me their annual ST begging letter. Mind you, they might not even bother sending one out, unless the SMiSA leadership draft it for them.

Edited by pozbaird

Let's not forget they pleaded for us all to go and support the team last night.....only for Gilmour to turn round on the radio and try to pin the blame on a 'minority of fans turning on the players' for the current shit storm we find ourselves in. You couldn't make it up.

I never heard Gilmours interview, but I can't believe he had slated the support, who pay good money to watch the shite we've been watching because of HIS decisions, and to do it on national radio is very, very poor indeed.

Let's not forget they pleaded for us all to go and support the team last night.....only for Gilmour to turn round on the radio and try to pin the blame on a 'minority of fans turning on the players' for the current shit storm we find ourselves in. You couldn't make it up.

Disgrace, no, more like an inevitable certainly.

One thing that was undeniable as that last night was in many ways , overdue.

The culmination of a club having no heart, no plan, no ambition, hell no expectation. This inevitably about fail is absorbed by players and like a virus it spreads throughout the place. There is a negativity that surroundss the club now, add to that , hell we have too many plodding journeymen who just dont care. I'd clear the lot out and have motivated youngsters play for us.

Then there are alleged comments about BoD or people on it slating fans.Disappointing about SG comments if true, to say the least, never heard it on the media

Well , my instincts are not always correct , but frankly this whole shit fest has been on the cards a while now and for me I feel I've lost a connection with the club, I feel completely irrelevant and disaffected to them as a fan now. However despite this , and with best intentions i have ensured my lad is already a Saints fan. Blind faith , all the rest, he already wants to go to the County game ffs. The exuberance and innocence of youth.

For me the rot set in when as a club , an entity , a team ( oops ) we relocated to the Greenhell road place.

But that's just me..................sleep.png

The worry has to be that this is the beginning of a downward spiral and not the end of it as some may hope.

Mr Gilmour has previous when it comes to throwing the baby out with the bath water. Fail to win the first half dozen or so games in the Championship and we'll see a repeat of 2001's firesale mentality when he announced that the full first team squad was up for sale....we then slide down the table.

In truth, the writing hss been on the wall for a good number of seasons.

Sorry, this is not the beginning of the spiral and it is certainly not the end of it.

There are several people on our board who are credited with "saving" the club and who have been praised endlessly for their work which surely saw us avoid an administration event. Since then various people in our support have crowed about teams like Dundee, Hearts and Dunfermline going through administration, but look at this

• St Mirren have constantly re-defined the law of diminshing returns over the last few years. We cut to save money, which leads to a reduction in resources, which leads to a reduction in quality, which leads to a reduction in success, which leads to a cut in revenue, which leads to a need to cut further, etc.
  • We sold off the old ground that had an intrinsic value to move to a new facility that is uninspiring
  • we invest in a youth academy that fails to produce a return on the investment
  • due to leases, planning constraints and other issues, these so-called assets are actually worthless as no money can be made from them
  • the kitty is now empty, after only 5 years since our re-birth we have to sell our only good player so that we can pay wages
  • So is administration next, or will we cut so far again that the club is confined to the lower leagues for years, probably?

and these guys want £1.5 million for a shareholding that they largely inherited?

Sorry, people, we've been had!

Gilmour was asked about the reaction of the supporters to our current position prior to kick-off. Chick Young had framed it, in true arse-sooking style, by saying that he couldn't believe people were targeting the BoD after everything they've done for the club, blah etc.

Gilmour then deflected the question and suggested that some supporters (a 'minority') had turned on the players.

I think the Consortium are finally in the red now as far as I am concerned.

Going by their decision to chase the peso last December I also think any claims to be vetting incomers has to be seen as a thing of the past.

These guys are wealthy rather than rich and I understand their desire to recoup the money they've put in but let's be realistic it ain't gonna happen now. It's time for them to cut their losses and leave......................

Gilmour was asked about the reaction of the supporters to our current position prior to kick-off. Chick Young had framed it, in true arse-sooking style, by saying that he couldn't believe people were targeting the BoD after everything they've done for the club, blah etc.

Gilmour then deflected the question and suggested that some supporters (a 'minority') had turned on the players.

Young is remarkable in his ability to sink to new depths in his capacity as pundit / journalist / reporter or whatever label he wishes to attach to himself. A stuttering ineffectual buffoon who is so hobbled by the need to cosy up to his 'pals' that he is little more than a space waster. Radio Scotland's clown prince extraordinaire.

Young is remarkable in his ability to sink to new depths in his capacity as pundit / journalist / reporter or whatever label he wishes to attach to himself. A stuttering ineffectual buffoon who is so hobbled by the need to cosy up to his 'pals' that he is little more than a space waster. Radio Scotland's clown prince extraordinaire.

Aye but everyone is guilty of that one. An awful lot of St Mirren supporters showed a great deal of loyalty to Stewart Gilmour in particular just because he would occasionally feed them the crumbs off the table. As a result Gilmour was teflon coated when he forced Tom Hendrie to loan out Ludo Roy to St Johnstone leaving a club struggling at the bottom end of Division One without a full time goalkeeper to train with. He was teflon coated when he appointed John Coughlin as Hendries replacement despite the fact that Coughlin was an utter car crash as a boss leaving St Mirren teetering close to relegation to Division Two. He even remained Teflon coated whilst he told St Mirren fans that he was going to vote to keep Rangers in the SPL - and somehow even managed to get groups of St Mirren fans to back him.

Chick Youngs questioning may well be all about putting his own interests before the club that he professes to love, but there's plenty of others around St Mirren FC just as guilty.

2 years ago I was told by someone who needed to see the board regularly as part of his job that Gilmour came in maybe once a month, McAusland once a week (probably to pick the defence) and the rest of the board not at all.

laugh.png

This nepotistic assertion , do you think it really holds water

whistling.gif

oh I dunno there's a fair few wallopers , tempting as it is , but lets not go there.

Honestly the Easdales have more integrity than this BOD, at least they did not hide what they were. Silence, lack of direction, lack of support, stupid decisions. They sack DL and after that woooooooosh.

Gilmour ur a total fraud . You need petrol to drive a car

I'd love to know who has turned on the players. There was no evidence of that on Friday night. Until last night they were last in line for criticism from me as I felt it wasn't their fault they weren't good enough. My stance on that changed when they left their professional pride, heart and spines on the team bus last night. Maybe I haven't heard these fans because they are such a small minority - the same way Craig claimed it was a small minority who were against him three days before he was booted.

The folk who deserve the majority of the criticism is the board. The flack they got in the papers last week was long overdue but, predictably, wee Chick splutters indignantly any time anyone dares criticise them. He did it on Saturday, he did it last night and he did it in his PDE column today.

What the board did made them Teflon coated for a while - and any weird decisions they made back in the early 200s perhaps look sensible in the fullness of time - but what goodwill they had with the support has been wiped out by this season.

And I'll yet again repeat my conspiracy theory - does it suit the board to be in a position where we want to chase them out of town so they can sell up to anyone then say "Well, the fans wanted us out" when it goes wrong in a few months?

Aye but everyone is guilty of that one. An awful lot of St Mirren supporters showed a great deal of loyalty to Stewart Gilmour in particular just because he would occasionally feed them the crumbs off the table. As a result Gilmour was teflon coated when he forced Tom Hendrie to loan out Ludo Roy to St Johnstone leaving a club struggling at the bottom end of Division One without a full time goalkeeper to train with. He was teflon coated when he appointed John Coughlin as Hendries replacement despite the fact that Coughlin was an utter car crash as a boss leaving St Mirren teetering close to relegation to Division Two. He even remained Teflon coated whilst he told St Mirren fans that he was going to vote to keep Rangers in the SPL - and somehow even managed to get groups of St Mirren fans to back him.

Chick Youngs questioning may well be all about putting his own interests before the club that he professes to love, but there's plenty of others around St Mirren FC just as guilty.

how do you always manage to find a negative out of a negative. Stop pointing your finger, looking at some of your previous posts I feel you just like stirring. Do u actually support St Mirren?? I feel the saints fans are a pretty decent bunch personally

I'd love to know who has turned on the players. There was no evidence of that on Friday night. Until last night they were last in line for criticism from me as I felt it wasn't their fault they weren't good enough. My stance on that changed when they left their professional pride, heart and spines on the team bus last night. Maybe I haven't heard these fans because they are such a small minority - the same way Craig claimed it was a small minority who were against him three days before he was booted.

The folk who deserve the majority of the criticism is the board. The flack they got in the papers last week was long overdue but, predictably, wee Chick splutters indignantly any time anyone dares criticise them. He did it on Saturday, he did it last night and he did it in his PDE column today.

What the board did made them Teflon coated for a while - and any weird decisions they made back in the early 200s perhaps look sensible in the fullness of time - but what goodwill they had with the support has been wiped out by this season.

And I'll yet again repeat my conspiracy theory - does it suit the board to be in a position where we want to chase them out of town so they can sell up to anyone then say "Well, the fans wanted us out" when it goes wrong in a few months?

Let me just add that the parachute payment is probably worth more than prize money

If you were at the cinema and they only showed 5 minutes of a 90 minutes movie every damned week you'd turn on the cinema, the staff and even the actors, director and distributors. You certainly wouldn't create a wall of appluase, buy all the merchandise you could and look for the sequel. Once in the car, you'd also be looking for other entertainment avenues for future days. You most certainly, which SG and others really need to remember, would not pass it down through generations, go even though you know you're almost certain of disappointment or look to buy the cinema and run it.

SG and the board began to lose my support the day of that infamous meeting on the main stand where he recommended sucking Sevco boaby. then when anyone had the audacity to claim otherwise, we're shot disparaging looks by the lot of them.

Even getting around 50% of the fans onside. I walked out the ground that night a much more cynical fan. Couldn't quote believe what I'd heard and what others had accepted from them.