Dodgy Pop-Ups On Bawa. .

saintnextlifetime

Sorry buds, I think there is a conflict between some of the ads. The guys are trying some new ad units and it seems to be causing problems.

I've dropped down to a single advert to try and isolate the problem.

Please let me know if the issue re-occurs after 11pm tonight.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

USually use Google but have switched to Firefox as I have an ad-blocker on it. The forum is unusable otherwise, same issue as there was on Pie & Bovril a few days back.

I use Firefox as well,and see no ads at all.Just go into the menu at the top right side and click on private browsing,it opens a new page and you use that page instead of the first one that opens (i usually close the first one) You can also go to youronlinechoices.eu and use the menu down the side to switch off ad companies,usually need to do this regularly as they get your details again when you browse.

17 hours ago, Stu said:

USually use Google but have switched to Firefox as I have an ad-blocker on it. The forum is unusable otherwise, same issue as there was on Pie & Bovril a few days back.

As mentioned a few posts before yours, you can also get an ad-blocker extension for Chrome.

Goes without saying that you can use ad blockers. The site however carries a cost in terms of hosting, software licenses and App licenses.

The adverts more or less cover those costs.

If everyone uses adblockers we make no revenue to meet those costs. If the site starts being a cost overhead it will close, simple as that I'm afraid.

You can contribute to the running costs by taking out a subscription at £0.87 per month in the Torfason Club, link at the top of the page under "Store".

Torfason members see no adverts.

I'm aware that the ads have had issues over the past few days thus making this unusable, but I'm working with the ad guys to fix those issues and at the moment there is only one ad unit running.

It was a right pain in the hole.  The same issue appeared on pie and bovril.  Not a forum I often use but I headed on over to the old pee and bee because this here fine little forum of ours was being hijacked by a company called "very".  It was even the same bloody advert.

Well done in getting it fixed.  Its a shame you cant fix under soil heating as you were very efficient!