Dodgy Pop-Ups On Bawa. .

saintnextlifetime

5 hours ago, div said:

Goes without saying that you can use ad blockers. The site however carries a cost in terms of hosting, software licenses and App licenses.

The adverts more or less cover those costs.

If everyone uses adblockers we make no revenue to meet those costs. If the site starts being a cost overhead it will close, simple as that I'm afraid.

You can contribute to the running costs by taking out a subscription at £0.87 per month in the Torfason Club, link at the top of the page under "Store".

Torfason members see no adverts.

I'm aware that the ads have had issues over the past few days thus making this unusable, but I'm working with the ad guys to fix those issues and at the moment there is only one ad unit running.

I wasn't recommending everyone should use adblockers as a long term thing - if everyone did that it would not be good for me in a professional capacity! Was just suggesting it as a way round the problem until it had been sorted. I've no problem with any site having ads as long as they don't get in the way, which sadly the ones on my work one do.

5 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

I can't access anything on B&A now due to pop ups, I need to register my interest in the advert so I can access the forum.  Well I guess I won't be on as much now, good while it lasted.  

Had to access via my phone for this

With all the shite that appears on here and you take the huff over a pop up ?!?!    really ?? 

:unsure:

47 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:
41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Laptop same here, tried both Explorer and Chrome, Feck off BMW.

I'm using the I-pad and its fine, the laptop is the one that's affected.

Laptop - and ipad are fine for me.  No pop-ups.

IE or Edge - and safari.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

These "pop ups" aren't just a nuisance they stop any use of the site all together. If it's a case of "pay or you can't use" you, and Div, can shove it. FFS!

How do you think the guy makes a living? He has already said he's trying to sort it out. You have a choice - bear with him, given you're paying hee haw for the use of the forum, or pay 87p a month and enjoy complete ad and hassle free chat.

Again, 87 pence a f**king month!

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

How do you think the guy makes a living? He has already said he's trying to sort it out. You have a choice - bear with him, given you're paying hee haw for the use of the forum, or pay 87p a month and enjoy complete ad and hassle free chat.

Again, 87 pence a f**king month!

Aye, 8 days ago was his last post. Take your tongue out his arse and shut the feck up about the 87 pence. How he makes his money is by having people hit on the site, without the hits the sites fcuked. Run along, time to try to get the taste of shit off your your tongue. :booty

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, 8 days ago was his last post. Take your tongue out his arse and shut the feck up about the 87 pence. How he makes his money is by having people hit on the site, without the hits the sites fcuked. Run along, time to try to get the taste of shit off your your tongue. :booty

From one of the most prolific posters on here in recent years, this is rich. You'd be bereft if the site died. It's clearly your primary (only?) social outlet.

I have met Div a few times. Seems a decent enough guy. He would no doubt walk past me in the street without a hint of recognition. I'm turning 47 next year, have a family, and a relatively broad and stimulating social circle. I have no need to court the attention and favour of Div, or anyone else.

I am simply pointing out a simple and inexpensive means by which you, and others, might resolve this particular issue. If you aren't willing to accept it in that spirit, then what is there left for me to say, but go f**k yourself.