New Manager?

johnmeiksy

If the board bin Teale - and I remain unconvinced they will - who would be the realistic candidates?

Iain Murray seems to be the standout one in terms of folk in a job but is under contract for another year. We'd probably need to pay compensation so that will rule him out. Stevie Aitken has done a good job at Stranraer and is highly rated by lower league fans but the fact he is also "that ginger prick that played for Morton" may count against him. There's also whichever of the Young brothers is in charge at Albion Rovers, although this is his first season in management that might be a bit too soon.

The usual candidates will come from the out of work mob. Calderwood. Butcher. Stark. Adams. The fantasy option of Billy Davies. You can now add Allan Johnston to that list, although his total disregard for youngsters the majority of his time at Killie will not stand him in good stead. There's also Steven Pressley, who seems to talk a good game without backing it up. Barry Smith is a Saints fan but would be a pish appointment.

Probably missed a few but after that you're into inexperienced guys - folk who are coaches elsewhere or are reaching the end of their playing careers and fancy a shot at management, like Thompson. Jamie Fullarton wanted it after Craig got binned and may put his name forward again.

It'll no doubt be another pish, uninspiring appointment - if they bother to change.

Jimmy Nicholl would be my ideal choice , loads of experience of wheeling and dealing , well respected , good contacts in the game , doing relatively well with Cowdenbeath , excellent knowledge of the league we are going to be in , and more so an awareness of decent players who may be interested in coming to us , his new role with Northern Ireland may also enable us to get a couple of decent Irish youngsters . Would consider having Goodwin and Thompson as his assistants .

My reliable source says Alex Neil is homesick for Scotland and because he has got off to such a lousy start, he's panicking that Delia will bin him. He fancies a job in Paisley. There's as much sense in this post as most of the others. All the guys available in our price range have failed somewhere apart from the likes of Murray. I feel sorry for Teale, but I'm not saying he's the answer.

Well he's on record as saying he wants to take on a club in Scotland that he can build from the roots up, so i take him at his word, and I highlight we will have a vacancy at the end of the season, if not sooner, and we need a new long term approach.

Whats your counterpoint?

If Cathro is seriously interested in leaving a great job at Valencia and taking over a newly relegated Championship club with no money where he'd get paid buttons, I'd fear for his mental health.

You do know he's managed to get Dumbarton within 48 points of the title? C'mon he's an obvious footballing master tactician!

Update......

He's got his team to 51 points off the pace now. If he can get to over 60 then like TC and GT you could see why our board would fancy him! Plus the added bonus is he could bring all his star players with him too! The summer of 'Dumb' anyone..?

If Cathro is seriously interested in leaving a great job at Valencia and taking over a newly relegated Championship club with no money where he'd get paid buttons, I'd fear for his mental health.

He wants his own club to build a legacy, however that would require a forward thinking board willing to invest in the clubs future! Now if they brought the fans into the fold as joint investors...?

so in a nutshell............. no one has come up with a viable option of who the new manager to lead us forward next year will be.... Pie in the sky names and managers already in a job that we may like to have but wont pay a penny compensation.

A tongue in cheek mention about fan ownership..... only the amazing Saints fans can have such a positive outlook.

Our manager next year will be Gary Teale assisted by David Longwell. Thats who the board will put their faith in.

so in a nutshell............. no one has come up with a viable option of who the new manager to lead us forward next year will be.... Pie in the sky names and managers already in a job that we may like to have but wont pay a penny compensation.

A tongue in cheek mention about fan ownership..... only the amazing Saints fans can have such a positive outlook.

Our manager next year will be Gary Teale assisted by David Longwell. Thats who the board will put their faith in.

Good luck to the board selling season tickets with those 2 dumplings in charge.

Both should of been removed from there positions the morning after our humiliating 5-0 defeat against the team 2nd bottom of the league, an absolute laughing stock.

Stuart

Pearce is looking for a job. We'd need an interpreter though. And a collective loss of sanity by the Board. Oh...!

James Fowler doing a decent job at QoS. 1 up at half time. Peach of a goal from Derek Lyle - his 17th of the season. The Championship is going to be tough. Now 2 up. Edited by magnus

There are quite a few good managers out there just now with no positions. Some need to get back into management to get their CV looking good again. Some who come to mind are:

Butcher - would like this appointment as he has done well in the past with a limited budget

malky Makay - Needs to get some respect back after allegations like him though

Ally McCoist - lives locally, respected and doesn't need the money

I think we need a great manager to install some respect back to the board and bring the fans back to the stadium. If fans see the board making the correct decisions for a change then as a fan you feel a bit more positive. It needs done now so that the players can be watched by new manager so he can get rid of players not good enough.

A BIG NAME MANAGER IN AND LOSE PLAYERS ON WAGES NOT PLAYING FOR THEM NOW

There are quite a few good managers out there just now with no positions. Some need to get back into management to get their CV looking good again. Some who come to mind are:

Butcher - would like this appointment as he has done well in the past with a limited budget

malky Makay - Needs to get some respect back after allegations like him though

Ally McCoist - lives locally, respected and doesn't need the money

I think we need a great manager to install some respect back to the board and bring the fans back to the stadium. If fans see the board making the correct decisions for a change then as a fan you feel a bit more positive. It needs done now so that the players can be watched by new manager so he can get rid of players not good enough.

A BIG NAME MANAGER IN AND LOSE PLAYERS ON WAGES NOT PLAYING FOR THEM NOW

Why is Super Ally being mentioned? Anyone with the budget he was given could and should have walked the 3 divisions. The fact that his team struggled this season says a lot about just how good he is/was.

Terry Butcher , with a remit to do a similar job , to what he done at Inverness would do

or Jimmy Nicholl to be mentor to two experienced players ,

but one things for certain , we need someone identifying players for next season with effect from now , and getting them signed on PCA,s