New Manager?

johnmeiksy

I would rather keep Gary Teale than have Ian Murray.

I wouldn't. I want an outside manager... but not for the sake of it. Mind you, I want a new BoD, a new team, and a new kit supplier too, but that's another story.

We bump up John Coughlin, we bump up Gus, we appoint externally and while opinions may differ, what is undeniably fact is that we won a major trophy that we had never won before. Then we revert to type. We bump up Tommy Craig, we bump up Gary Teale. Things are not going very well.

I am not party to what goes on at Ralston or in our dressing room, nor conversations between players in the pub, but I would bet my mortgage on our club being riddled with the cancer of cliques, players noses being out of joint, problems with the BoD, and far from pulling in the same direction, the club is crippled by apathy, friction, and a general malaise of 'couldn't give a fcuk'.

If I am wrong, fair enough, but to my eyes the pathetic capitulation at Motherwell, and the manner in which it happened, would indicate I may not be a million miles off the mark.

We need a complete clear out, which may require a relegation to set in motion. Unfortunate, as a clear out could have been managed by a BoD who wanted it from within the top division. In my opinion, that clear out demands a suitable external manager. I believe Murray has signed a new deal, but we are merely talking hypothetically here, so why not Murray? A young ambitions manager who has done fine at a club with a budget of thruppence ha'penny and a half-chewed packet of Bazooka Joe... Who knows the division we look like being in, would likely see us as a step up, and has no pals act going on in the dressing room.

If anyone didn't want to try a leg for the new manager, or went around with a face like a wet weekend for being 'overlooked'... get them out the door and see if they can find a club who will give them everything they want.

Its a crazy subject as its all about a fit, Butcher did well at Well and Caley but car crash at Hibs- why cause of the Chairman I reckon. Ronnie at Tic, strange one, the rest bar Jackie at United and Hartley, Baraclough are assistants promoted. Gary was a player.

So I think now, lets go back to go forward. Alex Ferguson- Doing bggar all now, and we make nice tea.

Genuine question, what makes you think this? Apart from the fact that both have far too much baggage at the club, they have no pedigree, whatsoever.

Clean slate means a clean slate.

In my opinion they have experience at the highest level working under some very good managers at the highest level. A new team out to get her by them for me is well worth a chance to take. Also feel both will go far in the game. Not going to be easy no matter who gets the gig as our budget is going to be slashed to the bones next season. It will be about not getting relegated next season nothing else. We will not be a mid table club next season it will be hard just staying in the league.

He needs a spell away elsewhere before managing us.

He can't expect to manage the current players he's so pally with and demand the respect that he may not be showing the present gaffer.

I'd say he could do well with another crop of players in the future but not this group of pals.

I assumed he was meaning Alan Gow, TBH whistling.gif

Sir Alex is my choice .....

Who the fuck are East Stirling? Just another cheap option!

My choice would alwys be an up&comer who's done well with one of the P/T clubs - either Steve Aitken or Ian Murray in that order. If you're going for an old lag they'll all have a few failures against their names otherwise they'd be out of our price range - going down that route I'd say Calderwood is the best option - he was recently interviewed for the Ayr Utd. job so should in theory be interested in a club like Saints.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Who the fuck are East Stirling? Just another cheap option!

My choice would alwys be an up&comer who's done well with one of the P/T clubs - either Steve Aitken or Ian Murray in that order. If you're going for an old lag they'll all have a few failures against their names otherwise they'd be out of our price range - going down that route I'd say Calderwood is the best option - he was recently interviewed for the Ayr Utd. job so should in theory be interested in a club like Saints.

Didn't he get it.

We need someone new . when the board got rid of a very successful manager they should have sacked his assistant but our board took the cheap option. I like tommy genuine guy but he's a coach but he's gone Mr teale is a gen gd guy but lacks experience . we need someone who will kick the players up the backside. Someone with plenty experience to make us a decent championship side I fear we will go down for a long time. One other thing let's see if Mr gilmour can sell a championship side now, I wonder how much cheaper it was to give tommy the job in the first place compare it to the revenue we will lose getting relegated.

We need someone new . when the board got rid of a very successful manager they should have sacked his assistant but our board took the cheap option. I like tommy genuine guy but he's a coach but he's gone Mr teale is a gen gd guy but lacks experience . we need someone who will kick the players up the backside. Someone with plenty experience to make us a decent championship side I fear we will go down for a long time. One other thing let's see if Mr gilmour can sell a championship side now, I wonder how much cheaper it was to give tommy the job in the first place compare it to the revenue we will lose getting relegated.

Look on the bright side Steve you will only watch football in a Lowe division. Had you been on the board you could lose thousands in hard cash . Have to give friends the sack. But let's be honest here some of us are just blind to the bigger picture

I could hardly believe what I was watching from the west stand tonight, from the honking choice of the line up to the sheer lack of fight and organisation. We need an experienced manager in as soon as possible. The club needs clearing out such is the shambolic state we now find ourselves in. Gary Teale is not the man to take us forward.

I've said it before and il say it again now

Mickey Mellon

Proven at Fleetwood Town and now doing the business at Shrewsbury

Local lad - bet he'd love the gig !!!!

Aye right you are

Spent most of his life in the North West of England

Only one job up here he would be interested in and i don't see Rocket Ronny going anywhere