New Manager?

johnmeiksy

Would prefer this one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32317833

I think the sports scientist left as a budget cut - either the board needed to save money or Lennon wanted the cash for his player budget. Doubt we'd have the money for one in the Champonship. I believe the sports psychologist worked for nothing but I don't know how involved he was aside from helping Danny spout gibberish in interviews.

Would prefer this one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32317833

I think the sports scientist left as a budget cut - either the board needed to save money or Lennon wanted the cash for his player budget. Doubt we'd have the money for one in the Champonship. I believe the sports psychologist worked for nothing but I don't know how involved he was aside from helping Danny spout gibberish in interviews.

I was at a conference recently and Clive Woodward gave a 30 minute talk on sports psychology and the habits needed to develop a winning mentality. The guy is different class. I think this stuff is way more important than all the hopping between wee cones that we seem to do all week. Our guys heads are as much a problem as there footy ability. Edited by magnus

I was at a conference recently and Clive Woodward gave a 30 minute talk on sports psychology and the habits needed to develop a winning mentality. The guy is different class. I think this stuff is way more important than all the hopping between wee cones that we seem to do all week. Our guys heads are as much a problem as there footy ability.

It was probably the previous sports psychologist I was taking issue with rather than the concept of one - but again there would be a cost for a proper one so it'll be a no go. Unless we can get a player/psychologist.

I think its the coaching issue to now, TC was a good one just a sht manager, Teale was once upon a time a good winger just a sht coach and not a manager. If we can actually have the basic ingredients needed to be a football team urgo

A MANAGER

A COACH

A CF

A CH

A WINGER

PACE

A BOD THAT APOLOGISED OR AT LEAST SPOKE

Be a start

I think its the coaching issue to now, TC was a good one just a sht manager, Teale was once upon a time a good winger just a sht coach and not a manager. If we can actually have the basic ingredients needed to be a football team urgoA MANAGERA COACHA CFA CHA WINGERPACEA BOD THAT APOLOGISED OR AT LEAST SPOKEBe a start

It would indeed. We can but dream.... The sad thing is that if we even looked like getting any of the above the fans would be game on for next season. Eternal optimists.

I desperately want us to break the cycle of appointing from within.

The new manager needs to come from outside the club, so that the "old pals" brigade are broken up.

To my mind we are ideally looking for;

1) Someone experienced. I don't mean an old largs mafia type, but someone who is not a complete rookie.

2) Someone with contacts. Preferably with a knowledge of the English lower league market

3) Someone who has a proven track record with giving young players their chance. The Academy will be really important next season and beyond.

Optional; Experience of the Scottish game and good with the media

I think Terry Butcher ticks most of those boxes to be honest except, maybe crucially, the 3rd point.

ICT are a similar club to ourselves, he took them beyond anywhere we have been in the SPL era. His style of football might not be the most pleasing on the eye, but his ICT team were big, strong, very hard to beat, and scored goals. I don't care if it's pretty, I just want to see a team competing, scoring some goals, and maybe winning some football matches just for the craic.

I'd love to want to go to an away game again, and not just for a piss up. For too long, under Gus and Danny too, we have turned up at away grounds and mostly rolled over. This season Tommy took it even further and made home games unenjoyable too !

I'm not sure if Butcher is the answer, but he'd be a big improvement on what we've had this season that is for sure.

Calderwood would work for me too, would be fairly happy with that one.

Listening to Calderwood I actually warmed to the guy for the first time last night and maybe, just maybe he would look at the Saints job as a project , getting a decent club back , turn them round and return in two years or so. He talked well of the club, slightly less so I thought of the BOD right enough.

There were the odd moments of what seemed like mildly amusing anecdotes as well, so there is certainly a personality in there as well. Anyway, after us I think he'd maybe call it quits. In fact I'm sure managing us would advance anyone to the terminal stages. He is about 60 now , so , maybe him with a young back room , although I think NIcholl is a given with Calderwood. Certainly would be a clean break from the cheap and cheerless internal step up.

I've never been his greatst fan , by a long way, but , this is about ST Mirren and what is best for the team. No one says you have to like the manager, but if he gets results in a results driven business, that's the ticket.

Different sport & different budget, but look at British Cycling who made use of Steve Peters (a clinical psychiatrist) on a part time basis to address what went on between the riders' ears to help them build a high performing team. This proves that a small investment can make a hell of a difference.

Ah!, wait, flaw in that plan, it requires investment.

Danny back..! He knows the league, he knows how to win leagues, he knows the club, he knows the few players that will be left, he knows who to bring in, he knows he made mistakes, he actually made decisions though, and explained them (you getting this BoD), he actually got the best out of the young players, where as now they all look like they are regressing.

Pay Alloa the compo, give them GT & Thommo as player/coaches in lieu of cash and lets get back to playing football in a league where our youngsters can learn & win.

Bring back Danny, don't renew the BoD's contract..!