Was That Worst Performance In The History Of St Mirren Fc?

Ironically, I went to the gym today and deliberately wore my black with red diagonal Saints away shirt. We are amongst friends on here, but out there in the big bad world....

No-one laughed in my face. Much.

Edited by pozbaird

Goes without saying it was a poor performance, but I saw poor performances from teams with a midfield of Fitzy, Aber, Stark and Richardson. Shit happens.

I cannot think of a more spineless, gutless, display of shitebaggery in all my years of watching St Mirren. Shameful. What the fcuk do they do at Ralston all week? Teale is clearly out of his depth, admittedly having been dealt a duff hand, but... he's an experienced international player who was of good quality. He should be able to have the team structured, organised, 'hard to beat', and to go into a 'must win' game with some fire in their bellies.

Thinking back to Kirk Broadfoot's displays after signing a pre-contract with Rangers should make the current lot hang their heads.

Not fit to wear the stripes.

Same here. There may well have been, but as Kemp said I'd imagine none of them came in games like last night. It was must win, our last chance to salvage something from a horrendous season and we absolutely capitulated. There wasn't a response after any of the goals or in the second half when Teale had had a chance to do something.

Like you I'd love to know what we do in training. It's certainly not practice taking or defending set-pieces. I can only imagine we make so many defensive mistakes in games because the same players are up against a toothless attack in training. Or maybe our strikers are struggling because they don't get gifted the sort of chances they get it Ralston when it comes to real games.

I was talking about Broadfoot with folk in the office yesterday and his attitude after his agreement. Compare that to Gow, who got his deal with Rangers then downed tools and has barely picked them up again. I also said to someone yesterday that if we were going down I'd probably prefer it if we didn't have a wee resurgence to have our hopes raised and then have them dashed again.

Mind you, my whole "I'm not getting worked up about this, I accepted we were down months ago" persona I have been cultivating kinda went out the window when I unleashed a volley of sweary words at the TV after the second goal and the "penalty". If only our players had had that sort of anger in them last night.

A guy in the office knows nothing about football - today I heard him talking about Queen's Park Rovers and Christian Brian Teke. When he was making the tea I asked him not to use my Saints cup as a joke - so he used a Mickey Mouse cup as he thought it was more appropriate :lol:

:(

Edited by Stu

Oh woe is us, we are doomed. What a crap post, I don't mind analyzing and discussing but now its a competition to know how embarrassed Saints made us.

This was the worst performance simply cause nobody gave a fck

Samaritans must be doing a roaring trade today

We are crap and its taken years of non planning. I don't want to sound like Stuart Knobson but there were plenty on here that wanted shot of DL and Gus, but plenty on here way up SGs ass. Oh how the BOD saved us, eh they are the board its there Job, we are not Rangers,

we face a bigger challenge next year, staying in the Championship, no doubt Teale will get an extension, as our BOD have a history of sacking success and rewarding failure

Edited by DougJamie

I can only imagine we make so many defensive mistakes in games because the same players are up against a toothless attack in training. Or maybe our strikers are struggling because they don't get gifted the sort of chances they get it Ralston when it comes to real games.

That's what happens when you just wittle down the quality of the squad. I'd even argue it's why Gow might have looked decent in training and got a deal. "Wow, he's lost Goodwin there" or "Lord, he's great against our offside line". Even Arquin could have been the same, whilst anyone with a bare semblance of talent would have looked like we couldn't afford him. "Hmmm, he's trapped it there David no way we can afford quality like that".

We f**ked up by effectively sacking Lennon then not appointing a manager to replace him. Assistant manager with no track record in management followed by a player with no track record in management. I think the chairman's wife will be next in the hot seat at this rate as we get further and further from what is required in the managerial position.

On the park we signed non-league players, fat guys laughed at by other pro clubs, ex players who couldn't get another team, injury prone players who barely play, and strikers with no track record at any level. For those wondering, that was Marwood, Ball, Tesselaar, Osbourne and Caldwell. We then pay off Marwood and Caldwell, while nobody will take Ball, Osbourne is almost permanently injured and Tesselaar can barely disguise his lack of affection for the club and the area. And that was just Tommy Craig's tenure!

Teale came in and we looked brighter initially, before he got his hands on the playing contracts, brining in a striker who doesn't score (but loves a red card), another striker who doesn't score (and normally turns us down at the last minute), young potential players who get almost no playing time until it's too late, and a bearded hero who scores within minutes of starting his first game then downs tools as he's done his bit. (Arquin, Gow, Sadlier, Sonupe, Dayton)

All the while we wait for our 63 year old saviour to recover from injury, expecting him to work miracles. We continue all season with one recognised centre half who is playing way above his level, a player-coach who picks up red cards and suspensions like souvenirs, and youngsters who clearly shouldn't be asked to be our saviours at their tender age. Add to that selling our top scorer, top assister and all round star of the team for a pittance.

Is there anything we got right this season? Are we really surprised we've been cut adrift and will be down by mid April?

Succinctly put Soctty. Perhaps you could fire this off to Chuck Dung c/o Radio Scotland, ask if this would help him do his job in identify a searching question for when he next conducts an interview with SG?

Soccty - Poetry, could not have phrased this better myself.

You missed the pantomime stips we've been forced to endure and bowing down to an odd change of fixture request for Aberdeen oh and the fact TC based his entire picks to fit round Thommo but other than that... nail head and all that.

Didn't really hurt me too badly tho despite its undeniable torridness.

Cup final 2010 however.

Not a stinking performance granted but that's easily the worst I've ever felt after watching us.

What made that so much harder to take is that we played very well for 80 minutes. It doesn't fit into this category, I wouldn't have thought.

At a time like this some might argue that we are just wallowing in self pity - then there again it is good therapy - so long as the fans stay united.

To put this into perspective, practically everyone goes on about how Celtic are a class apart from from everyone else in the SPFL, including second-placed Aberdeen, who are 10 points behind.

Now we find ourselves 10 points behind second bottom Motherwell, having just gubbed us 5-0.

We are not just suffering relegation we are being declassified in the process.

For we are, and have been, a class apart for most of the season.

Couldn't make the game last night so not placed to comment on how bad it was.

I remember being absolutely sickened when we lost 3-1 in a vital post split match at home to a Motherwell team who had nothing to play for in one of our recent great escape seasons. I think Strven O'Donnell scored out late consolation.

I though that performance was unforgivable in the circumstances too, even though we got out of it in the end.

Other desperate league performances that spring to mind are just about all of them in the Davie Hay season which I find similar to this season as it's the only other time I've seen Saints go down without a fight in 46 years of watching them.

I remember thinking that result was just the wake-up call we needed. Any Johnny Big Baws delusions we might have harboured were blown away immediately. It didn't get much better, but that match didn't have anything like the importance of last night (though I agree, it was absolutely horrendous to watch).

Did we not go something like 14 matches unbeaten after that?

We f**ked up by effectively sacking Lennon then not appointing a manager to replace him. Assistant manager with no track record in management followed by a player with no track record in management. I think the chairman's wife will be next in the hot seat at this rate as we get further and further from what is required in the managerial position.

On the park we signed non-league players, fat guys laughed at by other pro clubs, ex players who couldn't get another team, injury prone players who barely play, and strikers with no track record at any level. For those wondering, that was Marwood, Ball, Tesselaar, Osbourne and Caldwell. We then pay off Marwood and Caldwell, while nobody will take Ball, Osbourne is almost permanently injured and Tesselaar can barely disguise his lack of affection for the club and the area. And that was just Tommy Craig's tenure!

Teale came in and we looked brighter initially, before he got his hands on the playing contracts, brining in a striker who doesn't score (but loves a red card), another striker who doesn't score (and normally turns us down at the last minute), young potential players who get almost no playing time until it's too late, and a bearded hero who scores within minutes of starting his first game then downs tools as he's done his bit. (Arquin, Gow, Sadlier, Sonupe, Dayton)

All the while we wait for our 63 year old saviour to recover from injury, expecting him to work miracles. We continue all season with one recognised centre half who is playing way above his level, a player-coach who picks up red cards and suspensions like souvenirs, and youngsters who clearly shouldn't be asked to be our saviours at their tender age. Add to that selling our top scorer, top assister and all round star of the team for a pittance.

Is there anything we got right this season? Are we really surprised we've been cut adrift and will be down by mid April?

The strips man, you forgot the f**king strips!