Do Any Of This Season's Stars............

.............merit a place in our All Time Worst Eleven?

I'd exempt the young players like Kelly & Reilly who have been messed about in a team that was clearly not up to the job.

I'd also exempt both woods Calder & Mar who although not good enough always seemed to be putting in the effort - in a way it's especially galling to have lost them as I feel they could have done a job for us a division down! Flush.gif

I'd suggest perhaps Kello who never lived up to the hype and Wylde who immediately moved above Campbell in the pecking order when he arrived in January 2014 sad.png and has showed very little of the skills (sic) which got him signed by an English Premiership club.

I would want to keep our young lads out this as I do rate Kelly, Naismith, Mallan and McGinn, however JG aside the idiots that we give 5 moth contracts have no loyalty to us and we have none to them. Look at well, bring back 2 old boys Pearson and McDonald, sensible, what do we bring in a Killie reject, a County reject, a West Ham 5th team reject and some guy I cant even pronounce , we have an untried coach/manager who when chips are down does not play Thommo, who even though I think is finished is still far better than Arquin.

I wonder does 9 years in top flight signify success for us or failure.better teams than us languish in lower leagues, namely Hibs and Falkirk and QOS. ,

Gow - why?

Edit - the why is not directed at you pozbaird.

Cos' I think he will contribute the square root of fcuk all in his brief time in a St Mirren shirt and live up to his reputation as a sand-dancer who disappeared up his own fcuking Billy Big Baws arse the day he signed for the dead Ibrox AllStars.

Love and hugs, Poz.

Edited by pozbaird

No none of them merit a place in our worst ever team.

Ball, Arquin and Marwood are not worse than Garry McVie, Steve Kinsey or Steve Galloway to name but a few.

As bad as Wylde is he is no Jim Gardner.

Kello is far better than Derek Scrimgeour.

All of the defence are better than Brian Smith, Ronnie McQuilter, Mo Camara and Gavin Galloway. Can't believe I left John Potter out of the back 4.

And I haven't even mentioned any of our "stars" in the Coughlin era.

The team is poor and we have had an awful season but let's get things in perspective.

It's all about opinions. Clearly Robert Dawson being a case in point. I have lost count of the times he appears in 'worst ever' lists, but I remember him as being not too bad, a trier.

Jens Paeslack is never, again in my opinion, near a worst ever list. For his performance away to Airdrie, and at home to Falkirk. In those two games alone, he contributed more to the St Mirren cause than Fatty Ball and the Preening Gow are ever likely to contribute. Gareth Wardlaw could teach those two a bit about at least putting a shift in and trying. Wardlaw's goal at Aberdeen on its' own contributed more than some of the shite in our team this season, who will be remembered for contributing to the arse falling out of our season big time, for goodness knows how long.

Opinions, opinions, opinions.

Edited by pozbaird

Ball, Arquin and Marwood are not worse than Garry McVie, Steve Kinsey or Steve Galloway to name but a few.

All of the defence are better than Brian Smith, Ronnie McQuilter, Mo Camara and Gavin Galloway. Can't believe I left John Potter out of the back 4.

The team is poor and we have had an awful season but let's get things in perspective.

I was a little bit sick in my mouth recalling some of that shite!

On an absolute scale Wylde is undoubtedly is a better player than Gardiner but has Kello, in his time with us been better than Scrimgeour? Also I reckon you've got to factor in earnings (always a matter of conjecture) and expectations (reasonable ones) and in both cases I'd say Wylde & Kello deserve to be up for consideration.

Marwood & Ball would never have been in my list but Gow might - I had low expectations of him and he fulfilled them, pozbaird summed him up perfectly in post#10.

John Potter - In the Top 50 all time Saints players in terms of appearances, a First Division & Challenge Cup Winner with the club plus playing for us in a major final, he should be closer to the All Time Best Eleven than the Worst!

I'd also exempt both woods Calder & Mar who although not good enough always seemed to be putting in the effort - in a way it's especially galling to have lost them as I feel they could have done a job for us a division down! Flush.gif

Marwood can't get a game for Forest Green in the Conference. He's scored 1 goal for them.

Caldwell can't get a game for Morton. The same Morton that were recently beaten at home by Brechin and Forfar,

They are both utter garbage. They are great examples of the terrible decline in the quality of our squad since we won the League Cup.

Marwood can't get a game for Forest Green in the Conference. He's scored 1 goal for them.

Caldwell can't get a game for Morton. The same Morton that were recently beaten at home by Brechin and Forfar,

They are both utter garbage. They are great examples of the terrible decline in the quality of our squad since we won the League Cup.

Both are playing regularly although not always starting for their respective clubs and Caldwell has scored 4 goals for Morton despite not being a first pick.

I know little of the Conference so let's forget Marwood but I reckon Caldwell, who's still only 21, will eventually settle at Championship level and there's no guarantee we'll sign anyone better than them next season - don't forget, out of the many forward type players we've replaced them with only Dayton has managed to score so far.

I'd say a few could be candidates had it not been for the likes of Alex Bone, Jens Paeslack, Jim Gardiner, Kevin Twaddle, Lee Sharp, Klaus Dietrich or any of the other endless procession of folk we've forgot betweenv mid 90 and early 2000s. As bad as this bunch of shite are, I'd still fancy them against John Coughlins team of abominations.