What If...

If we stay up from this position, it will be the pinnacle of anything any st Mirren team has ever achieved. To claw back 10 points with only 18 left to play for, then win a play off against probably either rangers or hibs, would make what has been up to now a very poor saints side into legends. If they do it I'll have their names all tattooed on my back. And I hate tattoos.

Edited by Hendo

If we stay up from this position, it will be the pinnacle of anything any st Mirren team has ever achieved. To claw back 10 points with only 18 left to play for, then win a play off against probably either rangers or hibs, would make what has been up to now a very poor saints side into legends. If they do it I'll have their names all tattooed on my back. And I hate tattoos.

I'll eat eggs and believe me eggs make me ill ohmy.png

It's good to be a Buddie............................ reading this post from beginning to end brought quite a number of smiles to my face!

Conclusion:

Shull.............. You had to be on the bevvy when you started the post

Slartibartfast: .............. Surprised at your positivity, or is that just another tinge of irony

All:............... It's nice to see that there are still some optimists around who have a very active imagination!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Slartibartfast Posted Today, 06:18 I don't know why you're surprised, I'm always positive, until it's impossible. When it comes to the Buds, I tend to put positivity before realism - it keeps me happy for longer. It does cause much deeper downs, though (and I'm not talking about Quo songs). Now, did you know that, as things stand, we can drop 1/3 of the remaining available points and still stay up?

I admire your positivity, I also would dearly like to agree with you and have my own fears being completely flattened.................. but I'm sorry this morning (and especially after the Motherwell debacle), my glass is half empty. sad.png

I particularly like your stat that if we win 66% of our remaining points there is still a mathematical chance of us staying up, that is of course if (1) we can put the ball in the net, (2) not concede as many as we score and (3) then overcome either Hibs, Rankers or QotS in a play off.

Given our stats in this season up to this point, I suggest you shouldn't bet the house on reaching the 66% target!

Edited by The Original 59er

Said before the Killie game I thought we needed 17 points to survive. 5 games, 5 defeats and 0 goals later... Yep, that's now an impossible target.

Time for the u20's to get a shot.

I think the under 20's getting a shot has been part of the problem all season. Too many of them in the first team without enough experience to guide them through games.

I think the under 20's getting a shot has been part of the problem all season. Too many of them in the first team without enough experience to guide them through games.

Well that doesn't matter now.

We'd be better playing them than playing players who are clearly not going to be here next season (Wylde, Dayton, Genev, Reilly, Arquin etc).

Said before the Killie game I thought we needed 17 points to survive. 5 games, 5 defeats and 0 goals later... Yep, that's now an impossible target.

Time for the u20's to get a shot.

I said in January we needed 27 more points (we were on 11 at the time)...

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/39271-how-much-trouble-we-are-in-some-numbers/

That's looking about spot-on now. The danger signs were there. Every game between then and now that we haven't won, was another nail in the coffin.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a wee bump incase anybody has anything to add ...........

After Motherwell lost earlier tonight.

Do you mean like if we beat Killie and Thistle and Well lost to Ross Co next week then we'd go into our game v Well only 4 points behind them.Beat them and we'd only be a point behind with two games to go.Well would be bottling it and Saints end up in play offs where we hump sevco over 2 legs.

Its a lovely thought...............