Aint This The Truth

Hmm, well yes, easiest piece he ever wrote, he's cherry picked this sitewhistling.gif

I thought it strange though he does not mention the For Sale status of the majority shareholding.

Doing that maybe undermined the pointedness of his atricle.

So what, he is right in that we are where we are because we are who we are, we have simply cashed in on our utter lack of investment , in planning , in forming a template, in attempting to compete with our peers.

We chucked it after the League Cup win. Too many folk thought , cracked it , and sat about waiting for the bids.

Still waiting..........................meanwhile we burn

For as long as Stewart Gilmour has been there the policy has been the same right back to sacking Tom Hendie and appointing John Coughlin. They've all been duds - check where they are now if they are still in the game. Who is the last manager we have had who has achieved anything as a manager either before or after being with Saints.

After nearly 20 years this is the current board's legacy - an inability to recognise a football manager.

If you are reading this board members and disagree with it, then prove me wrong - get in someone who knows what he's doing before you go.

FFS he hasn't told us anything that we didn't know already.

Yes , but you and several others on here have been in denial for years , while most of the realistic people (referred to by SG and others as knickerwetters) have been sitting waiting for it to happen , it was only a matter of time and in the medium term , at least , there will be no way back !

There might not be any startling revelations in the piece, but he has laid it out succinctly, and in stark terms. No option for Gilmour to attribute it to knicker wetting fans this time. This is an impartial, and measured account, and is, of course, bang on the money.

For as long as Stewart Gilmour has been there the policy has been the same right back to sacking Tom Hendie and appointing John Coughlin. They've all been duds - check where they are now if they are still in the game. Who is the last manager we have had who has achieved anything as a manager either before or after being with Saints.

After nearly 20 years this is the current board's legacy - an inability to recognise a football manager.

If you are reading this board members and disagree with it, then prove me wrong - get in someone who knows what he's doing before you go.

Gus McPherson wasn't a dud with us

The BOD got lucky there

There might not be any startling revelations in the piece, but he has laid it out succinctly, and in stark terms. No option for Gilmour to attribute it to knicker wetting fans this time. This is an impartial, and measured account, and is, of course, bang on the money.

Someone said eariler it looks like Tom English read this forum. That could well be the case. In actual fact, if I sat down to write a similar piece on The Sevco - I could easily do it by re-visiting the BRALT thread on P&B to brush up on some of their big incident failings.

I agree the English piece is bang on what many of us are thinking, but when he goes into detail about yer' Jake Caprices & Co... Christ, I had forgotten all about Jake Caprice, and indeed Christopher Dilo. Nah, he's been on here, Div tipped him off. Either that, or Tom English gave Div a call and said 'How's it going Your Royal Divness of Renfrewshire? Look, writing a piece on how shite St Mirren are - remind me, who were some of your shite signings again? Cheers big man, look forward to seeing you on the telly next week when Teale resigns....'

Pretty sure that's how it happened. It's about time Div owned up.

(Inserts smilie, well, disnae' insert smilie as on iPad, but just imagine there's one here).

Someone said eariler it looks like Tom English read this forum. That could well be the case. In actual fact, if I sat down to write a similar piece on The Sevco - I could easily do it by re-visiting the BRALT thread on P&B to brush up on some of their big incident failings.

I agree the English piece is bang on what many of us are thinking, but when he goes into detail about yer' Jake Caprices & Co... Christ, I had forgotten all about Jake Caprice, and indeed Christopher Dilo. Nah, he's been on here, Div tipped him off. Either that, or Tom English gave Div a call and said 'How's it going Your Royal Divness of Renfrewshire? Look, writing a piece on how shite St Mirren are - remind me, who were some of your shite signings again? Cheers big man, look forward to seeing you on the telly next week when Teale resigns....'

(Inserts smilie, well, disnae' insert smilie as on iPad, but just imagine there's one here).

Well it makes us newsworthy, something we very rarely ever are ............

Said it before, there are actually several Saints fans amongst the BBC Scotland sports team, not to mention a certain pundit, a certain presenter and a certain trackside radio/tv reporter. The subject of our failings and our board in particular has been discussed at great length for at least this season of not far beyond that.