Aint This The Truth

I'm not going to the game on Monday (bugger that!), but I reckon that, with a decent tailwind, I could launch a chipolata from here in Dunbartonshire that just might bounce aff Gilmour's heid. What do you reckon?

I'm not going to the game on Monday (bugger that!), but I reckon that, with a decent tailwind, I could launch a chipolata from here in Dunbartonshire that just might bounce aff Gilmour's heid. What do you reckon?

You're assuming he'll be at the game.

You're assuming he'll be at the game.

Of course.

He's our chairman, and will want to be there to respond to any challenging questions that supporters and the press might have about the club's current position. He'll be seeking to offer reassurance and explanations, and to articulate his thoroughly considered plans for taking things forward.

Is the cricket club closer to where I am as the crow flies?

Of course.He's our chairman, and will want to be there to respond to any challenging questions that supporters and the press might have about the club's current position. He'll be seeking to offer reassurance and explanations, and to articulate his thoroughly considered plans for taking things forward.Is the cricket club closer to where I am as the crow flies?

Right enough. He might turn up to organise the minute's silence for Richie Benaud.

Your love of hyperbole goes on and on. Some of your remarks must be damned near actionable. Care to name those you mean? We can guess. I was only reading B&W when much of 10,000 hours was going on and I wonder how many share your views. I know SMiSA stepped back but are they any more sanguine now that we are probably facing a crisis? The 5% or 10% figures mentioned before as being SMiSA's short term goal may be desirable but on its own it won't save the club if nothing else changes.

As far as I am aware Smisa (obviously) want to be part of any credible fan- led proposal. They pulled back from 10000 hours bid when it became apparent that there would be no fan participation on the clubs board (their reason for being) and unanswered questions on the finances. I think perhaps some people think the guys at Smisa are some kind of all encompassing football supporters co-operative ready and willing at a moments notice to launch a bid for the club.

I apologise to the Smisa guys if this isn't completely accurate, they are a group of ordinary saints fans who got together to raise funds to assist the club if appropriate and to increase ordinary supporters shareholding. They have never put themselves forward as a takeover vehicle to jump aboard when times are dire. Hope that isn't too far off the mark.

We need to protest against the board like these Birmingham Fans are planning.

CCKFquxUIAAiOnO.jpg

I can only imagine their club is in an offal state and they think their board is the wurst.

Never mind throwing them on the pitch, should just fire them straight at the directors box. Might be a bit of a challenge for those in the west and family stands.

Load of crap

Of course we all know this,

Its easy to criticize when we are down, but County, Well, Hamilton Caley don't have a League Cup we do. County, Hamilton, Dundee have spent years in wilderness, we have been dinning at top table, so what is English saying,why are St Mirren not challenging for Europe. Eh we don't have a sugar daddy, eh we pay our players unlike Dundee, we don't go on strike unlike Hamilton, we didn't have John Boyle, the Marr brothers, that idiot at Killie. It took years for them to get stable, lets not even talk about Rankers, Hearts, Livi, Hibs, Airdrie, Gretna, Pars.

Would we be having this convo if we were 10th, No. Usual BBC journalism , state the obvious and kick when down, so we made crap signings, so did Celtic, but we don't have a billionaire in the background.

To many nodding dogs on this forum

Edited by DougJamie

Load of crap

Its easy to criticize when we are down, but County, Well, Hamilton Caley don't have a League Cup we do. County, Hamilton, Dundee have spent years in wilderness, we have been dinning at top table, so what is English saying,why are St Mirren not challenging for Europe. Eh we don't have a sugar daddy, eh we pay our players unlike Dundee, we don't go on strike unlike Hamilton, we didn't have John Boyle, the Marr brothers, that idiot at Killie. It took years for them to get stable, lets not even talk about Rankers, Hearts, Livi, Hibs, Airdrie, Gretna, Pars.

Would we be having this convo if we were 10th, No. Usual BBC journalism , state the obvious and kick when down, so we made crap signings, so did Celtic, but we don't have a billionaire in the background.

We're not - we are miles off that position. Which is why we're having this conversation. Really not sure what your point is. No one should criticise us whether supporters or the media?

Load of crap

Early finish? Or maybe an extended 'lunch' in the pub?

DougJamie, on 10 Apr 2015 - 14:30, said:snapback.png

Load of crap

Sorry have to disagree with you.

Yes there are quite a number who have a similar opinion to the article, but it doesn't make them nodding dogs.

I have been consistent in my criticism of the Board for some time, it just so happens that the article articulates it better than most posters have on this forum.

Danny Lennon ran out of ideas. He made a number of failures in terms of signings and also his tactics were predictable to the point that teams could come to Paisley, pressure us and walk away with 3 points. His departure was on the cards for some time, and whilst almost everyone said he held his head high with dignity they way it was handled, ultimately his record spoke for itself............ he never moved the side on.

We have a record of getting rid of Managers, even after they win us cups!

The teams you mention are also provincial teams, but they are, or at least the majority of them are staying in the SPL this year. Their budget is similar, their record on signings is much better and they haven't a Board that has wanted out for something like 4 to 5 years.

The problem at Saints is at the top and the sickness that is the apathy at the top, has permeated all the way down to the team, who basically aren't good enough, even if they wanted to 'Play for the jerseys'.

Sorry, I think you are wrong.