John Mcginn Tweet

In amongst the unadulterated misery on Tuesday night, there was one little titbit of information that you may all find interesting. The commentator said, apparently, that John McGinn is the grandson of a former Celtic chairman. This was news to me and, frankly, I'm very surprised that all the 'in-the-know' Buds on here haven't revealed this before now.

In amongst the unadulterated misery on Tuesday night, there was one little titbit of information that you may all find interesting. The commentator said, apparently, that John McGinn is the grandson of a former Celtic chairman. This was news to me and, frankly, I'm very surprised that all the 'in-the-know' Buds on here haven't revealed this before now.

That's quite the revelation. Bit odd the rest of the media haven't picked up on this.

If he leaves we're fine as it seems Billy McNeill's grandson is in the under-11s so will probably be a regular starter next season.

Bollocks! :angry:

If there's one thing that I know, it's everything. I'm famous for it.

And I've been around since the days of grandfathers, but I don't recall any mention of that.

They made a mistake.

From memory, Stephen McGinn's Grampa was a Chairman of a Parkhead club.

That's what the commentator must have been thinking of.

Can you please reveal your source as this is very disturbing to me, John knows that he has a grandad and his grandad was a man who worked with chairs!!!!

stan.gifsorry.gif

och, away tae f**k! never!

Stephen McGinn left as a *** slaying hero! I think we even got money for him. Famously the only thing Longwell has ever done!

I don't recall anyone at St Mirren thinking he wisnae good enough. Unless we knocked him back this season? It would a fair point, what a joke to think McGinn was available and we were out signing utter pish like Dayton and Arquin.

I would not be surprised to see John at Dundee next season. What an utter waste of time and effort from everyone at St Mirren FC.

Stephen McGinn left as a *** slaying hero! I think we even got money for him. Famously the only thing Longwell has ever done!

I don't recall anyone at St Mirren thinking he wisnae good enough. Unless we knocked him back this season? It would a fair point, what a joke to think McGinn was available and we were out signing utter pish like Dayton and Arquin.

I would not be surprised to see John at Dundee next season. What an utter waste of time and effort from everyone at St Mirren FC.

In fairness to Dayton, he did have a decent effort at Killie...was it two? Might have been three if Gow had any peripheral vision whatsoever.

to be fair, he did help us win the League Cup. In fact, without his great form in semi and final we likely would not have won it.

He has his place in St Mirren history.

Don't know if it's a dig at us. We wanted to keep Paul McGinn, we offered him a deal and he turned it down.

We sold Stephen to an English club.

I'm like TC here, having read it I don't think he is having a pop at us, however I'll stand to be corrected.

Would Dundee pay the compensation?

I think any deal within Scotland would more than likely go to a tribunal if they couldn't agree a deal with the Club initially

Charlie Telfer signed for United and they had to pay Rangers c£200k and that was for a player who I don't think had played any First team appearances

I don't think Dundee or any provincial club would pay any where near 200k to 300k for any player