New Goalkeeper

Seaside Nipper

You obviously never saw Denis Connaghan or Danny Stevenson. Both much better than Ludo. Denis was so good Celtic signed him.

Still remember when Denis scored an own goal for Airdrie when playing for Celtic at Broomfield.

He tried to throw the ball out and threw it over his own shoulder into the net! Even Jock Stein was p'ing himself. Did Denis not also play right wing for Saints reserves?

And wee Billy McGann was a great keeper in 70-71

Most agile keeper I've ever seen although he was five foot nothing which was a bit of disadvantage!

Is Paul Mathers still knocking about? He used to come on the pitch at half time and hoof aimless balls in the general direction of the sub goalie but hasn't been seen for a while.

I always thought the idea of having a goalie coach was to improve the 'keeper's performance, work on his weaknesses and such like. Can't say I've noticed any improvement in any of the goalies while Mathers has been around.

Is Paul Mathers still knocking about? He used to come on the pitch at half time and hoof aimless balls in the general direction of the sub goalie but hasn't been seen for a while.

I always thought the idea of having a goalie coach was to improve the 'keeper's performance, work on his weaknesses and such like. Can't say I've noticed any improvement in any of the goalies while Mathers has been around.

I met him in a pub in Broughty Ferry on Saturday night, I asked him how he felt about the alarming rate at which Kello's career has nosedived, he didn't give much away but hinted that he thinks he's too good for us and is offended that he lost his place to Ridgers.