Removal Of Current Board

waldorf34

Fan ownership is a lame idea

If no one wants to buy the club, whats the option? I don't sense the selling consortium re-launching the club with a radical overhaul to set it on the right path again, they seem to think if they keep employing a series of rookies/pensioners somehow like with DL they will get lucky again.

If no one wants to buy the club, whats the option? I don't sense the selling consortium re-launching the club with a radical overhaul to set it on the right path again, they seem to think if they keep employing a series of rookies/pensioners somehow like with DL they will get lucky again.

It's not that 'no one wants to buy the club'. People don't believe it's worth what the BoD wants. What the BoD wants is not what the market will pay. Simple economics. Until it's realistically priced, it wont sell.

there are no options to the status quo

Best scenario would be that the board hand over day to day control to someone else

Fan's best involvement would be to raise capital to invest in revenue-generating facilities

I can't think of a single"fan" (or "customer") that i would want to see within 100 miles of the boardroom

Edited by beyond our ken

there are no options to the status quo

Best scenario would be that the board hand over day to day control to someone else

Fan's best involvement would be to raise capital to invest in revenue-generating facilities

I can't think of a single"fan" (or "customer") that i would want to see within 100 miles of the boardroom

Arguably we have been under fan ownership since the current board came in, my vision of a fan buy-out would be very similar in boardroom make-up, local business people, professionals etc who like our current board love the club. Very much like one of my former employers who were owned by several million members, but again the people with the appropriate skill sets made the day to day decisions and formulated their own business plan.

The members(fans) had an oversight of strategy, direction, and were there to ensure the business operated within the set values and principles, the professionals were held to account, but they ran the business. It does work, but it needs to be understood by every member that the board (professionals with the necessary skill set)run the club, and the members hold them to account. An example would be a commitment to youth/talent development as a opposed to hiring in journeymen players because its an easy but potentially more expensive, with little return on investment.

It is an option to the status quo, and it would allow a tired, frustrated board running on empty to leave a legacy for the next hundred an thirty eight years!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Arguably we have been under fan ownership since the current board came in, my vision of a fan buy-out would be very similar in boardroom make-up, local business people, professionals etc who like our current board love the club. Very much like one of my former employers who were owned by several million members, but again the people with the appropriate skill sets made the day to day decisions and formulated their own business plan.

The members(fans) had an oversight of strategy, direction, and were there to ensure the business operated within the set values and principles, the professionals were held to account, but they ran the business. It does work, but it needs to be understood by every member that the board (professionals with the necessary skill set)run the club, and the members hold them to account. An example would be a commitment to youth/talent development as a opposed to hiring in journeymen players because its an easy but potentially more expensive, with little return on investment.

It is an option to the status quo, and it would allow a tired, frustrated board running on empty to leave a legacy for the next hundred an thirty eight years!

A lot in there. If the BOD can't or won't offload the club then what you suggest might really help them. We use Non Exec Directors in this way (NED's) Don't know if the BOD would fancy it though because they would be accountable and challenged. Much easier running it like a golf club.

A lot in there. If the BOD can't or won't offload the club then what you suggest might really help them. We use Non Exec Directors in this way (NED's) Don't know if the BOD would fancy it though because they would be accountable and challenged. Much easier running it like a golf club.

The existing board invite a couple of fans seconded by interested supporters groups (professionals with the required skill set and time available) as interim board members (a la 10000 hours) they get to work learning, understanding taking over responsibilities, whilst the fans/members raise the subs, get the DD pledges to meet the agreed price and payment schedule, in tandem the members thrash out the constitution, arrange board nominations and elections so a new board can be moved into situation without destablising the running of the club.

The couple of interim member board appointees can stand for election if they wish and get the required nominations.

The existing board invite a couple of fans seconded by interested supporters groups (professionals with the required skill set and time available) as interim board members (a la 10000 hours) they get to work learning, understanding taking over responsibilities, whilst the fans/members raise the subs, get the DD pledges to meet the agreed price and payment schedule, in tandem the members thrash out the constitution, arrange board nominations and elections so a new board can be moved into situation without destablising the running of the club.

The couple of interim member board appointees can stand for election if they wish and get the required nominations.

I was thinking more of fans with special skills eg Div on IT; Ricky Gillies on player contracts/youth development; a big hitter on marketing and corporate sponsorship and some operational types on running the business.

I was thinking more of fans with special skills eg Div on IT; Ricky Gillies on player contracts/youth development; a big hitter on marketing and corporate sponsorship and some operational types on running the business.

I think we are talking the same language, professionals!

Edit: and i think this thread title needs to be changed, and some of the OTT personal comments about the board reined in. Now is the time for cool heads and clear thinking. Lets encourage the sellers to get involved and set out how they can leave their legacy!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Are any of those people interested though?

How about Floyd post-4944-0-59763100-1429020183_thumb.jp

Just read the case for their defence in the Evening Times. Nice attempt to turn it all on the fans.[/quotE

Has the criticism been "horrific"? There has been little or no verbal nonsense at the games as far as I know. Is the Tom English article viewed as horrific criticism? The Times article comes across as defensive and smacks of deflection.

Edited by magnus

#recipefordisaster

#charterforamateurstogrababoardplacewhensomeoneelsefootsthebill

or

#whywouldaprofessionalbusinessmangivetimeheshouldbespendingonhisownaffairsunlesstherewassomethingelseinitforhim?