Board Meeting - Gary Teale

Directors will meet tomorrow to discuss the position of the Manager.

Dreadful timing to announce this hours before a very important Match.

Teale should've been removed last week after the Motherwell disaster.

Who would be your choice? Without shadow of any doubt mines would be Ian Murray done great job at Dumbarton on limited budget surely can't go into championship with teale in charge nice guy but not what club needs at the moment

Morton Legend, Stevie Aitken.

Not sure where you heard this or if it's a wind up.

However supposing that it is true I'm actually beyond caring. The damage was done long ago.

Not sure where you heard this or if it's a wind up.

However supposing that it is true I'm actually beyond caring. The damage was done long ago.

It's true Jakey.

A proper Manager should have been installed when Craig was sacked.

Sadly it's par for the course with the current BoD.

However maybe by some freak accident they might make the right decision next time.

You can't get it wrong all of the time???

The directors should be meeting tomorrow to discuss the position of the director's...1eye.gif

They,re the cause of this clusterf**k of a season...

Strange timing if true....................... The die was cast with GT's appointment, so why not wait until the end of the season and then sit down with some time to think about it rather than make another rash decision?

However nothing would surprise me at present on this Board's way of thinking! bangin.gif

Forum is hilarious calling for the board to make changes NOW ! Ether Teale is now getting the gig full time or they have someone in mind so they can appoint someone to asses who they want to keep for next season.. Ether way it's correct. It won't be with a lot of forum posters because no matter what the board do it will be wrong in their eyes

I think people need to remember that while Gary Teale is a terrible manager, he has been let down badly by the board, and this goes for Tommy Craig as well to an extent probably...but certainly Gary Teale.

Both these guys were already employed at the club in different roles, and thrown into another which they were realistically never going to do brilliantly.

For Tommy Craig...I think that given his age, if he was ever going to prove himself managerially...he would have done so before now...his role should never have exceeded that of a stop gap. That said...I did find him pretty annoying and arrogant during his time in charge...and both are traits which never really compliment blatant tactical incompetence.

For Gary Teale...I think that while he hardly makes a great impression as a potential future manager...the board have let him down badly by offering him a role he was never going to turn down...only to leave him so exposed and helpless early in his managerial career.

Gary Teale I assume was there to start learning and start to formulate his own ideas...early in his management career...not to hit the ground running with new ideas and take the club forward without some sort of learning curve under his belt.

Instead of working his way up the ladder as a new coach in the game, building his own ideas and gaining confidence along the way, GT now needs to live with the fact his first 5 months as a manager resulted in relegation...they have thrown him a curve ball...and then shot him in the face.

While I don't particularly like Gary Teale...calls for him to be sacked are ridiculous...because he should never have been given the job in the first place...not in those circumstances.

The only way the board will gain any respect from me on this would be if they somehow have identified that GT will be a fantastic future manager...and they are willing to give him appropriate time to find his own way in charge...however...given their previous record for such major decisions...I wouldn't bet on it being the case.

The SMFC board have ultimately hung him out to dry...

The agenda for tomorrow's meeting has been leaked:

Item 1 - The future of the St Mirren manager

Item 2 - Potential assistants for new manager David Longwell

Item 3 - Hall of Fame boards around the stadium (if time)

The agenda for tomorrow's meeting has been leaked:

Item 1 - The future of the St Mirren manager

Item 2 - Potential assistants for new manager David Longwell

Item 3 - Hall of Fame boards around the stadium (if time)

Item 4 - Seek urgent talks with Adidas or Nike.

Forum is hilarious calling for the board to make changes NOW ! Ether Teale is now getting the gig full time or they have someone in mind so they can appoint someone to asses who they want to keep for next season.. Ether way it's correct. It won't be with a lot of forum posters because no matter what the board do it will be wrong in their eyes

If he was getting the job next season then they could wait until season end and announce it. The only reason I can think of is that they have accepted that relegation is inevitable and want a new man in to start the rebuilding for next season. Strange to call him in now to offer a man a job that to be fair he has not done much better than previous manager irrespective of reasons. Gary has been around for enough time to have strengthened key positions whereas a new man coming in when TC was sacked would maybe have been given more time not fully aware if players etc.

Too with it , Slazenger or Lounsdal.is more our niche.

On the subject of the strip...I'd be interested to know how much St. Mirren get for that hideous logo on the front...I would guess not as much playing in the Championship due to potentially less Tv exposure etc...would definitely be worth getting rid if possible.

Also...the design...surely they want to sell kits...it surprises me that more clubs don't at least consult the fans before launching these things...St. Mirren are definitely due an absolute screamer of a kit next season and no mistake...I'm talking minimal logos, no yellow or other garish nonsense, appropriately proportioned stripes...surely it's overdue...

Where did you read this Shull?

Not that I disagree that such a meeting is due, but it's a bit weird to announce it just before a game.

On the subject of the strip...I'd be interested to know how much St. Mirren get for that hideous logo on the front...I would guess not as much playing in the Championship due to potentially less Tv exposure etc...would definitely be worth getting rid if possible.

Also...the design...surely they want to sell kits...it surprises me that more clubs don't at least consult the fans before launching these things...St. Mirren are definitely due an absolute screamer of a kit next season and no mistake...I'm talking minimal logos, no yellow or other garish nonsense, appropriately proportioned stripes...surely it's overdue...

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Bang on.