Board Meeting - Gary Teale

Remember he took on a thankless task, probably knowing his old job could be on the line if he refused. He gave it his best shot knowing that if he wasnt ready he could be risking his future reputation and career as a coach?

Unless I'm mistaken he wouldn't have had a gun pointing at his head when he was offered the gig. Why would his old job been on the line? He would have carried on as a player/coach regardless.

It was a great opportunity for him, chances are we were getting relegated anyway as the damage had been done. If he managed to keep us up he would have worked a miracle, he must have known how bad the squad was when he took over.

He clearly doesn't have the respect of the players but as he has another year on his contract I think he'll get next season to prove himself. Not that I agree with that, I think we need a fresh start.

Goodwin back, Mallan back central and Sadlier to the right wing was pretty obvious. Especially as he doesn't rate Sonupe...who he brought in and gave very little chance to.

Or you do the same with Dayton, Gow or even Brown. Why did we have a bench full of midfielders, especially with it known Cheesy had a knock. Put Jack Baird on the bench for cover.

My only thoughts now are that it is now impossible to run an SPFL club without either a wealthy backer or substantial money in the bank from player sales (Accies). Most of our direct competitors have had a large input of cash or a guarantor for loans over the last two seasons. We haven't. All the talk about the size of our budget compared to other clubs at the start of the season goes out the window when they get access to money when in dire straits.

The board have made too many mistakes over the last two seasons to be absolved of blame but talk of cost cutting is not true. It's not their fault the are not rich men with cash to throw around. We had a budget and it clearly wasn't enough to sustain this level of football by attracting the kind of players needed. Hence the second raters we've put up with since the cup win.

Accies had a bit of luck with a manager but they've been dropping like a stone since he left. What it will take to get us back to this level is a bit beyond me at the moment.

Tonight has to be Teale's last game in charge. Bring in a replacement manager with previous club management experience ASAP. Teale was a novice who was handed a poisoned chalice after TC was fired. He should have turned down Gilmour's offer of the job as he was doomed to fail and he has probably scuppered his chances of ever being offered another post in management.

We need someone in charge who understands that a team needs a strong backbone, who has a strong personality and is prepared to clear out the (enormous pile of) dead wood we have at the moment, and who has the board's backing to do whatever it takes to rebuild a squad for the future. Our target for promotion should be realistic, give the new man 3 or 4 seasons to create a squad capable of achieving promotion from the Championship.

Give it to Thommo now to build for next season. Teale has had plenty of time to turn it and has failed. His signings have also been shocking but ultimately the board are to blame for the last two horrendous appointments and sale of McLean

Thommo regretfully has not done much to earn a chance at the job based on his apparent attitude, leadership and performances since the TC debacle. But there again that is maybe understandable.

A central defender gets injured in a must win game and he brings on Reilly to run around a bit should seal it.

no other ch on bench ,so Goodwin has to go there,reilley was not that bad when he came on to be fair.but if you look at Goodwin there is another story ,been in a huff since demotion ,obviously he and teale don't see eye to eye,but I thought his performance tonight was diabolical ,looked like he was interested but if you actually watch him he does nothing right ,misplaces every pass ,is never close to his man and cannot defend ,he is the 1st person who should leave the building and leave his 2500 a week behind as he certainly doesn't deserve it,

Why are people still talking about giving Thompson the managerial job?

He hasn't even coached an U16 team to my knowledge, FFS.

He is also part of the problem just now. One of the enmeshed characters at the club, who, like all his colleagues, don't seem to have any answer to the abject mess we are in. Where has his leadership been since he became captain (even taking account of his extended lay-off through injury)?

It would be madness to give him the gig. Surely it doesn't take a genius to see that promoting from within has been an utterly flawed policy.

8 home league goals in 17 games says it all really and only one home game where we scored twice. Without Kenny we have proved to be absolutely clueless.

The BOD have to carry the can for screwing us on transfer deadline day by selling our only threat and replacing him with nothing.

If I remember correctly GT was only appointed until the end of the season, so the first thing on the agenda at the board meeting tomorrow should be to draft up adverts for the press asking for applications for the managers job for next season. (If GT wants to apply so be it)

If the board have done their job properly (I know!!) then budgets should already have been worked out for next season and there is no reason not to start this process now.

The WHOLE board should be involved in the process of interviewing the top applicants, may I suggest we interview more than 1 person this time as the whole, "we took our jackets off and loosened our ties and talked football" between SG and DL still irks me. Surely it would be better to interview numerous applicants and select the best one or does our chairman not have the balls to have to phone all the Dear Johns?

I am fully aware that managers who are currently in work at other clubs would probably not apply, but for the price of an advert or two you just never know who we may appeal to. As we are probably still paying TC off I would imagine paying another club compensation for their manager would not be an option for us anyway.

SG seemingly has about fifty unopened applications from December , so could save on the cost of advertising the post, unless he needs to reach the parts most Spfl clubs never reach ?!

A central defender gets injured in a must win game and he brings on Reilly to run around a bit should seal it.

To be fair to Reilly, he was imo the best player in the 2nd half for us, who didn't waste a pass all night.

The options on the bench were limited.

The biggest mistake the last handful of games for me is starting Arquin in front of the boy Sadlier.

Noticed SG is saying some of the criticism of the Board has been personal and "we have got more right than wrong". Sorry but what things have you got right? Hiring the wrong manager (twice) leading us to be rank rotten and propping up the league with 1 home win and 8 goals scored implies more wrong than right.

He better believe it's personal. It was personal when they were lauded for bailing the club out, and personal when they received the adulation following promotion and the cup win. So, yes, it is still personal. Suck it up!

He better believe it's personal. It was personal when they were lauded for bailing the club out, and personal when they received the adulation following promotion and the cup win. So, yes, it is still personal. Suck it up!

Aye lets see him interviewed outside the Bull Inn now.

I would like Thompson to be manager.... one day. I think at this moment in time he is part of the problem, he too has chucked it. If he wants to be St Mirren manager then he should go and do a job in the lower leagues and learn his trade, either that or work under an experienced manager and try and learn from them. He should not be given the manager's job but then again, with this BOD it wouldn't surprise me if they appointed him manager tomorrow with a five year contract! biggrin.png

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

What a mess, fans hurting which I get. As for the board well for me they have made big mistakes this season something they openly admit too. At the end of the day they are die hards who have put up which most of you would not. Still feel free to throw your anger at the people who have put up. But please ask yourself one thing. Would you hand over your house or pension to keep the club afloat. Be honest would you. Yes they have made mistakes the kind that are huge. Not only to you but more to themselves the board. Bring on next season that's all I can say.

I would like Thompson to be manager.... one day. I think at this moment in time he is part of the problem, he too has chucked it. If he wants to be St Mirren manager then he should go and do a job in the lower leagues and learn his trade, either that or work under an experienced manager and try and learn from them. He should not be given the manager's job but then again, with this BOD it wouldn't surprise me if they appointed him manager tomorrow with a five year contract! biggrin.png

Learn his trade in the lower leagues you say...now we just need to find a team heading for the lower leagues who require a manager...oh...wait... :)

appointing thommo ,the bod might think will buy them time but majority will know this is the wrong time ,in the future who knows but lets not belittle a club legend just to get the bod off the hook ,the next manager needs to know what he is doing,we need to be in the top 4 next season or we will be down for a while ,major decision needed by bod ,

Lower than us.... Maybe Dumbarton or something when we take their manager biggrin.png

Should have went for Locke when TC got the boot, done well last season and at least Hearts went down fighting at this time last year.

Plus...in the event of going down...his record against H1b5 is pretty decent smile.png much better shout than Ian "5-1" Murray.

I think the main thing is that they sort out all the board nonsense, whoever comes in needs to know they can put down some sort of plan and have a go at it...having board room crap going on in the background is never helpful on any level...especially considering that it's very likely to be a relatively inexperienced manager at the helm next season.

Edited by ss39Lavety