Nou Camp

Try contacting Barcelona first to see if they can help. If you are going to just hope to find it be aware the Museum is very large and full...

"Hello, is that Barcelona museum?"

"Yes indeed it is."

"I'm a St Mirren fan looking for some help."

Now, my forum friends, the rest is up to you...

De nada.

It is an excellent tour/museum. Think it took about 3 hours as we read and visited everything.

Oh and there not keen on you taking any personal photo's. Try and use others to block out the view of the guides/stewards to take any photo's to save a few pounds on there official ones. whistling.gif

I got a couple of official photos, one holding a replica cup winners cup and the other with a cardboard cut out of Ronaldinhio on the pitch. I had tried to put a saints top on the cut out but didn't quite work due to the way he was standing, the tour guide and photographer were howling at my attempts.

De nada.

It is an excellent tour/museum. Think it took about 3 hours as we read and visited everything.

Oh and there not keen on you taking any personal photo's. Try and use others to block out the view of the guides/stewards to take any photo's to save a few pounds on there official ones. whistling.gif

I was there last year and they didn't seem to mind personal pics. I got photos of me with my Saints top and the Barca crest on the pitch behind me. As well as my one and only selfie in the press box with the stadium in the background.

As for the Saints memorabilia. I went round three times and didn't find anything. I was minus my specs mind you.

Going to Nou Camp this week. Anyone know where the St Mirren report/ pennant is in the museum? Ta

I dragged the wife there the first time we went to Barcelona about 10 years ago.

We decided to take the Metro. Think it was Les Corts we arrived at, which involved a change of line.

Spent an hour and a half looking for the Saints poster and didn't find it, which ramped up the wife's "being pissed off with me" factor by a few more points, as I'd already had to persuade her to go there against her will.

As we left the stadium, map in hand, I decided that if we walked a wee bit further, we could get a Metro train straight to where we were staying , as opposed to having to change trains.

By that time it was about 35 degrees. These El Scorchio conditions, combined with a considerably longer walk than I estimated, led to me being persona non grata for the remainder of the day.

Still, not worry, as good old Estrella Damm helped me to cope with the frosty treatment.nologo.gif

Guess I got lucky 15 years ago - my one and only visit and I found the inauguration poster no problem. I took photos, painted a reproduction and sold a few copies - no doubt some of the forum members have one. I gave one to the club and it used to sit beside the Barcelona Cup in the old Love Street trophy room.

Was it this one?

No, haven't seen that one before. The one I saw (and copied) was a stylised painting of some match action with match details shown below, with an early version of the famous Barca crest in a bottom corner.

If I can find my painting I'll scan it and post it - it's very nice (the design, I mean. It's very 1920s in look)

[urlpaintinggottfriedfuchs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/copa-barcelona.html"]http://gottfriedfuchs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/copa-barcelona.html[/url]

I decided in my wisdom to get the open top bus tour and get off at the stadium as I thought a taxi would be too expensive.

That seemed like a good plan, but it took about 3 hours to get there, so like FTOF, my missus was raging by the time we got there.

I couldn't find the St.Mirren thing either.

Took a taxi home. Took about 10 mins. Missus slapped me about the dish.

I decided in my wisdom to get the open top bus tour and get off at the stadium as I thought a taxi would be too expensive.

That seemed like a good plan, but it took about 3 hours to get there, so like FTOF, my missus was raging by the time we got there.

Reminds me of the time me & Mrs Poz went to Madrid for a long weekend. I genuinely, honestly, hand-on-heart, did not know that Real Madrid were at home the weekend we were going. Turned out they were at home to Celta Vigo back in the day of the galacticos - Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Ronaldo... got talking to a guy who worked in the hotel bar, and he could get us tickets for the game. Great seats, etc, etc. I'm looking at Mrs Poz and trying my best big sad eyes routine 'only chance I'll ever get' etc... She fell for it, and the guy duly got us two tickets right on the half-way line, two rows from the front. Real won 4-2 and put on a display of skill and passing I had never witnessed before, or since. Celta Vigo were no mugs either. It was 'ole' football...

I escaped a dish slapping, just. thumbup2.gif

On my only visit to the museum way back in 2003, I couldn't find the St.Mirren exhibit and asked one of the Barcelona stewards if he could point me in the direction of the poster. Bear in mind I was wearing a Saints training t-shirt (Red top with white trim), the steward looked at my top, looked and pointed at the Saints badge and in his Spanish accent said 'ah Saint Meerin, upstairs'. Needless to say I found the poster and got a couple of pics standing beside it and don't remember any issues with taking photos although that may have since changed. Footnote to this is prior to visiting the museum I was standing pitch side at the stadium watching Patrick Kluivert training on his own when an unknown guy walked up to me and said 'Imagine meeting a fellow St.Mirren fan at the Nou Camp' to which my wife replied 'You cannae even meet a fellow St.Mirren fan at Love Street'. Women don't you just love them !!!!

On my first trip to Barcelona I did the same thing. I had a cunning plan though. I took the lower open top bus tour first stopping off at all the touristy sites for pictures to appease the missus thinking we could then switch to the other route and I could get longer in the stadium. NOW. The only time the museum was closed was for matchdays and public holidays. Being a Wednesday with no game planned I knew all would be OK. Unfortunately, as I found out, the Wednesday in question was a holiday and the stadium was closed half day. Lucky white heather!

No point wasting the opportunity topost something so, there I was, standing outside the ground with the stadium layout behind me and me pointing glumly. Great comedy value for facebook? Well perhaps not. On the last day of the hols my missus gets her bag pinched, passports and camera inside! Lucky FREKIN@ white heather, get your lucky white....................bangin.gifofftopic.gif

Went on a cruise of the Med a couple of years ago. Got the tour bus in Barcelona. Went to the stadium with the brother in law on a free pass from wife and weans. I had my video camera on all the way around and hot some great photos with my Saints top on. Couldn't find the Saints poster either.