A Simple Error Of Judgement

But instead of 25 shite players, we could have signed 12 ok ones...

(I know that's not how the budget works, in that not all those players overlapped, but still, that list is remarkable.) I'm less generous than Bungle - I wouldn't give pass marks to a single one of those inbound transfers. Not one*. Underlines the point that Lennon had had his time - and he's only been made to look good by what followed.

* Edit: Sorry, I'd give pass marks to Kello last season.

The 12 ok ones didn't want to sign for us.

So your point is that even though Danny messed up in his fourth season in charge, you think he would have got it right for his fifth? lol.gif:

Danny messed up in his first window in the job. The summer of Beath, and then Lynch and Hegarty and McCluskey etc etc. Fair enough, new manager cut him some slack, and I think most did.

For him to have had an equally if not worse summer four years later... That cost him his job. And rightly so.

It's no wonder no full time team looked at him since then, despite him trying for jobs from Dingwall to Dumfries and everywhere in between.

It didn't. He completed his contract.

Of course that's more to do with subsequent events. Wouldn't say every player either, Kenny McLeans best form came under Craig and Teale, for example.

The reality of the matter is the vast vast majority of fans wanted him gone in the summer. Indeed the majority wanted him gone in March after we lost at home to St Johnstone infront of less than 3000 people.

"Vast vast majority" I don't think so.

Well you can read the threads if you like. I believe 84% of those fans polled on twitter in March wanted him sacked immediately after the St Johnstone game. I was one of the 16%, incidentally.

Oh yeah...that was when you wanted relegation on Lennon's CV and not someone else to take us down was it not?

We then finished 8th. Safe with 4 games to go. And the "vast vast majority" did not want him gone in the summer.

In fact, I think the majority favoured a new 1 year deal for Lennon.

Edited by NeilPar72

Oh yeah...that was when you wanted relegation on Lennon's CV and not someone else to take us down was it not?

We then finished 8th. Safe with 4 games to go. And the "vast vast majority" did not want him gone in the summer.

In fact, I think the majority favoured a new 1 year deal for Lennon.

Of course you're paraphrasing me at best there. I said it would be best for the club for us not to make a change with so little time to go, and if we were to go down it wouldn't be fair for a new manager to take the hit for it.

What's your source for a majority favouring a new 1 year deal for Lennon?

Of course you're paraphrasing me at best there. I said it would be best for the club for us not to make a change with so little time to go, and if we were to go down it wouldn't be fair for a new manager to take the hit for it.

What's your source for a majority favouring a new 1 year deal for Lennon?

No no, I'm quite sure that was a quote...you wanted relegation "on his CV".

At the risk of quoting you again, "read the threads if you like".

No no, I'm quite sure that was a quote...you wanted relegation "on his CV".

At the risk of quoting you again, "read the threads if you like".

By all means quote me saying I wanted relegation on Danny Lennon's CV.

Also, source for the majority saying they wanted him to get a 1 year deal?

Yes you did and I pulled you up for it on here.

You stated you wanted our relegation on his CV.

f**k me you're worse than Dickson for this lying pish.

You want a source for me saying "I think the majority wanted a new 1 year deal for Lennon in the summer"? It's just how I remember the talk being on the threads at the time.

I'd love a source from yourself on the "vast vast majority" wanting him let go in the summer though.

You want a source for me saying "I think the majority wanted a new 1 year deal for Lennon in the summer"? It's just how I remember the talk being on the threads at the time.

I'd love a source from yourself on the "vast vast majority" wanting him let go in the summer though.

Ah so it was just your opinion. I gave you the 84% figure.

How many people were polled?

Is it the vast vast majority of those polled, or the vast vast majority of St Mirren fans?

If I recall correctly there was over 300 polled. I did say of those polled.

Of course there wasn't a referendum of every Saints fans, but those backing him at the tail end of last season were few and far between.

If I recall correctly there was over 300 polled. I did say of those polled.

Of course there wasn't a referendum of every Saints fans, but those backing him at the tail end of last season were few and far between.

In fairness it took you another few posts to mention a poll, of 300(?) "fans".

Your original post was:

The reality of the matter is the vast vast majority of fans wanted him gone in the summer. Indeed the majority wanted him gone in March after we lost at home to St Johnstone infront of less than 3000 people.

Simple error?

Unfair abuse?

Absolute TOSH!

Lennon had learned on the job despite their lack of support for him and had earned at least a years contract.

Appointing Craig was stupidity... only 1 previous job in football management and sacked a few months into a 2 year contract... yet they offered him a TWO year contract when Lennon couldn't even get ONE!

They waited too long to act and maintained a silence throughout... alienating fans.

They appointed Teale, which I don't have a problem with... but failed to support him in his first management job as he presided over a deeply split dressing room. The board were responsible for the split between senior players by the way they handled matters.

Meanwhile... correct, money is tight... but NO effort whatsoever has been made to generate more income by getting fans onboard! For them, the solution is always to cut rather than increase income.

Team needs support... full price for a home capitulation to Ross County.

Prior to that interview, the only time they have spoken was to ask fans to invest £23 in Motherwell FC by turning up whilst the players forgot to!!!!!

There has been so much apathy and lack of leadership at the club for some time now... and the directors are lucky that tbe fans are so worn down that even apathy is too much of an effort...

If that weren't the case, they would know what abuse really is!

Sorry... but you are NOT untouchable, NOT beyond criticism, and NOT getting the criticism your lack of leadership and continued mistakes have deserved!

Still Stewart... as long as you are popular with the media, what do supporters matter? Bulletproof.

In my opinion, changing management now would not increase our chances of staying up.

Danny Lennon is not the right manager for the club and he hasn't been since 2011 in my opinion, but it's too late to sack him this season.

If we do go down I want it on his CV, I don't want a patsy coming in and taking the hit for him.

Edited by Stu