Cheesy's Away.

Odd timing, but his contract has been terminated.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=42449

In full:

It has been confirmed this afternoon that Marc McAusland’s contract with the club has been terminated by mutual consent.

A local boy and a Saints fan, Marc came through the youth ranks at St Mirren going on to make his first team debut in a SPL match against Gretna on 29th March 2008.

At the end of season 2008/09 Marc left Saints to join Queen of the South but a year later he was one of Danny Lennon’s first signings for St Mirren as he brought the central defender back to Paisley.

Also capped at Under-21 level for Scotland, Marc was part of the League Cup winning side from season 2012/13.

Marc leaves the club having made 186 appearances in the black and white stripes, scoring 6 goals in the process.

All at St Mirren Football club would like to thank Marc for his services to the club and to wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

Marc McAusland said: “I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at St Mirren FC especially Danny Lennon who brought me back to the Club, this gave me the opportunity to play for the team I have supported all my life. Throughout the past few seasons I have had some great times which culminated in winning the League Cup Final in 2013 which fulfilled a boyhood dream for any Saints fan to lift a national trophy at Hampden. There have also been some disappointments along the way including most of this season which has been difficult for us all.

“Having been at the Club for the majority of my life and career I feel it is now an appropriate time to seek a fresh challenge elsewhere and I would like to thank all the supporters who got behind me and my teammates and I hope they will continue to support the Club positively in the future. I wish everyone connected with St Mirren good luck and I’m sure that it won’t be long until the good times will return and I look forward to coming back to support the Club when I can.”

Honestly, what the f**k is going on at our club? unsure.png

Edited by Magic Monkey

Very strange timing indeed.

Even if his injury was so bad it was going to keep him out to the end of the season he would surely just go in the summer.

Something has happened there.

Definitely something behind this.

Thought at first maybe it was related to his dad, and him being removed as part of a takeover, but that doesn't really stack up if you think about it for more than 30 seconds :P

Seems we have indeed given up then.

I know the last two performance made it look that way, but I hate the thought that the club have already decided that we're down.

Guessing his injury will keep him out for the rest of the campaign so we're letting him go now. If Teale is the one that's made the decision then it makes you wonder if he's being kept on and is allowed to pick and choose who stays.

I wonder if we're really, seriously, out of cash, and have turned to the only player who gives enough of a shit to agree to cancel his contract.

Should save us £20k a week going by posts on here ph34r.png

Cheesy away, Genev suspended and I think Goodwin might have crossed the yellow card limit again. Who the hell will be in our defence against Killie? :lol:

There is no way that The Board should be allowing Teale to make decisions like this.As a Season Ticket Holder and Shareholder I am truly disgusted with this decision.What the hell is going on here?

Where does it say that?

Cheesy away, Genev suspended and I think Goodwin might have crossed the yellow card limit again. Who the hell will be in our defence against Killie? lol.gif:

Well, if Teale is going to be playing young guys for the rest of the season, it'll probably be something like Williams and Baird at centre half.

This is just really strange.

Cheesy away, Genev suspended and I think Goodwin might have crossed the yellow card limit again. Who the hell will be in our defence against Killie? lol.gif:

He has and will miss the Killie game.

Hope Tess is fit.

Could be Baird and Williams in central defence or we could go three at the back.

Anyway, what do I care, I 'm not going.