Cheesy's Away.

Cheesy has, possibly, had the most vile abuse than any player over the last umpteen years.

He's not Barcelona class but has been a regular in a very average team.

Defenders get it in the neck as it seems the forum experts blame everybody and anybody every time we lose a goal.

Not blameless but NOT the only defender we have on the field.

This thread is drowning in hypocrisy.............."He tried hard" etc, while he has had his "own threads" reducing him to nothing more than a clown.

My view, average in an average team.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes and how he does.

Most vile abuse? Really?

I thought you had followed Saints for a while now.

Some was certainly a bit personal, and stuff related to his Father inappropriate...

but we are talking about a player who struggled to get a game for QoS and who has been the one constant in our worst defence for years whilst partnered with Mair, McGregor, Goodwin, Tesselar, Plummer, Genev and more.

I truly wish him well... but this is best for both parties without a doubt.

cost cutting. might be a few pretty average earners at the club being cleared out. We're fine at clear outs, its being astute in the transfer market we generally fall flat on.

I'm sure he was out of contract at the end of this season anyway. Thompson also said the relegation clause in player contracts meant those players who stayed if we dropped down to the championship would be taking close to a 50% wage cut.

By all accounts a nice guy and a Saints fan but, by no means a good central defender and before you all ask, yes I was one the fans who was frankly sick of his mistakes week in week out and a game that sticks out was the 2 0 midweek defeat against Accies earlier this season when he made at least two mistakes before passing the ball straight to an Accies player to score the second. I remember having a frank exchange of views with a fellow supporter regarding McAusland's ability with Cheesy looking directly at me throughout the exchange. Needless to say I am not disappointed to see him leave. As for him being termed a legend let's just say he's right up there with Hugh Murray in terms of ability and I could count on my one hand the number of decent displays I've witnessed from Cheesy. Next stop for him, maybe Arthurlie or Neilston Juniors if they're struggling.

Please stop calling him a legend - that he was not. Couple of definitions of legend are megastar,

celebrity, and he was not any of these. No fault of his. Unable to understand why the managers he played under did not have him replaced. IMO these centre half's Willie Telfer, Norrie McWhirter and Mark Fulton are closer to legends not to forget the SCOTTISH CUP teams of 1957 and 1989 and even 1926.

Mutual agreement as far as I know normally means there has been a financial settlement. Two months to go

receive one months wages!. Not bad price for failure.

By all accounts a nice guy and a Saints fan but, by no means a good central defender and before you all ask, yes I was one the fans who was frankly sick of his mistakes week in week out and a game that sticks out was the 2 0 midweek defeat against Accies earlier this season when he made at least two mistakes before passing the ball straight to an Accies player to score the second. I remember having a frank exchange of views with a fellow supporter regarding McAusland's ability with Cheesy looking directly at me throughout the exchange. Needless to say I am not disappointed to see him leave. As for him being termed a legend let's just say he's right up there with Hugh Murray in terms of ability and I could count on my one hand the number of decent displays I've witnessed from Cheesy. Next stop for him, maybe Arthurlie or Neilston Juniors if they're struggling.

seriously?....no way man

BUT

i will say this

Marc,nesmith,kelly and mcginn (and mclean) were ALL prosperous players under Danny Lennon and they all seemed to have dropped off...

Danny was a teacher as well as a coach...those young boys i mentioned were all giving it their all and even in other peoples eyes...real prospects

NOW?

journeymen ...at best (its up to them to progress their own career)

i SERIOUSLY would bring back Danny Lennon

Well he's on f**k all for win bonuses because we dont win. you seen his payslip then aye?

Apparently he's seen Danny Lennon's, Tommy Craig's and Gary Teale's too.

If you believe a post elsewhere on the site.whistling.gif

Edited by FTOF

I wondered how long it would take before the thread degenerated into the usual "he's pish" slabberings.

He's away, folks. No need to muster up all that bile now. If we are to be subjected to this as every player departs over the next few months, its going to be fun on here, eh?

We are all talking about the need for a clear out - well it just might be starting.

Doesn’t make much sense for him to leave early and lose out on a couple of grand wages as well as the use of physios and training facilities while he recovers from injury. Seems odd we keep him all these years in the premier league and then get rid when we move down a level, he was probably on too high a wage for the championship but you’d think he’d rather take a pay cut than be forced to find a new club.

All the best to him, was never cut out for this level in my opinion, but a true saint and cup winner.

Please stop calling him a legend - that he was not. Couple of definitions of legend are megastar,celebrity, and he was not any of these. No fault of his. Unable to understand why the managers he played under did not have him replaced. IMO these centre half's Willie Telfer, Norrie McWhirter and Mark Fulton are closer to legends not to forget the SCOTTISH CUP teams of 1957 and 1989 and even 1926.Mutual agreement as far as I know normally means there has been a financial settlement. Two months to goreceive one months wages!. Not bad price for failure.

Genuine question. If the three Scottish Cup winning St Mirren sides are 'legends', then why wouldn't that apply to a St Mirren side who won the League Cup for the first time in the club's history? Consider this too - after the crushing experience of the 2010 final, it is simply not the St Mirren way to win the damn thing a mere three years later. It would have been the St Mirren way to do fcuk-all for another twenty-five years.

Not only was Marc McAusland part of the team to bury the ghost of 2010 (that was set to haunt us just like Hammarby did), he set up a classic goal in the semi final.

McAusland celebrating with Samson in that hug - legend.

Samson's penalty save v Celtic - legend.

NEWTONNNN! - legend.

Isma - legend.

Thommo"s goals and reaction to them - legend.

Ian Ferguson's shot hitting the net in 1987 - legend.

etc. etc. etc.

Genuine question. If the three Scottish Cup winning St Mirren sides are 'legends', then why wouldn't that apply to a St Mirren side who won the League Cup for the first time in the club's history? Consider this too - after the crushing experience of the 2010 final, it is simply not the St Mirren way to win the damn thing a mere three years later. It would have been the St Mirren way to do fcuk-all for another twenty-five years.

Not only was Marc McAusland part of the team to bury the ghost of 2010 (that was set to haunt us just like Hammarby did), he set up a classic goal in the semi final.

McAusland celebrating with Samson in that hug - legend.

Samson's penalty save v Celtic - legend.

NEWTONNNN! - legend.

Isma - legend.

Thommo"s goals and reaction to them - legend.

Ian Ferguson's shot hitting the net in 1987 - legend.

etc. etc. etc.

Almost word for word what I was about to post, I'm away to fashion myself a tinfoil hat...

seriously?....no way man

BUT

i will say this

Marc,nesmith,kelly and mcginn (and mclean) were ALL prosperous players under Danny Lennon and they all seemed to have dropped off...

Danny was a teacher as well as a coach...those young boys i mentioned were all giving it their all and even in other peoples eyes...real prospects

NOW?

journeymen ...at best (its up to them to progress their own career)

i SERIOUSLY would bring back Danny Lennon

I for one wish all who leave good luck. But stop wanting lennon back he has moved on so should you. talk about future not the past. D/quote]

I heard a while ago from a good source he was offered lots of money to move to India. Perhaps he's decided to go and being relegated has sealed the deal for him. He will be missed and be difficult to replace. Good luck to the big man who gave nothing other than 100% in every game.

We now need a new scapegoat urgently.

Thats not strictly true, he was offered lots of money by some fans to 'get tae France' I don't know where the India bit comes in?

Doesnt make much sense for him to leave early and lose out on a couple of grand wages as well as the use of physios and training facilities while he recovers from injury. Seems odd we keep him all these years in the premier league and then get rid when we move down a level, he was probably on too high a wage for the championship but youd think hed rather take a pay cut than be forced to find a new club.

All the best to him, was never cut out for this level in my opinion, but a true saint and cup winner.

Marc will continue to get treatment from the Club for his injury.

I know exactly how much he is on ,£1850 a week basic .that's without appearance or win bonus ,altho 2nd point is irrelevant,

Either prove it or go and attention seek elsewhere and give the rest of us peace.

BTW learn some basic fecking grammar. Your posts are eye wateringly embarassing.

havnt wished for anything faraway ,but mcausland wouldn't be near the premiership if it wasn't for his dad,same guy makes same mistakes week in week out for the last 3 years ,never learns 1 thing from week to week ,I don't believe we will bring in any replacements that will not listen or learn

Absolutely delighted Marc has got himself away from this horrible football club.Maybe i will come to my senses and find something better to do on a Saturday as well.Quite frankly i,m disgusted with your constant abuse of Marc and no-one else in the team or are they all invisible to you.Are they immune to criticism from you? I dont know what Marc or Bryan have done to you but you appear a bitter and twisted individual and it all points in the one direction.

I will remember the good performances Marc had as well as the bad and i,m not blinkered enough to say he was an exceptional player but he gave 100% every time he played and hurt more than any other player we have with poor results.Please remember though that the boy(yes 25 years old) is a human being first and foremost and your rants could have an effect on him personally.