Cheesy's Away.

Were you not the guy who started the it will soon be back to 4 points gap thread... when we beat County in our game in hand and then beat the team who just gubbed us 5-0?

Yes I was, and what was wrong with that? staying positive?? Trying to show optimism?? As I said... Blind faith??

How many goals has he scored for Aberdeen? Has he added to the team to the point they've went on a run? No, we made him look good, he is average at best!

He's playing in a deeper role for Aberdeen.

Surely us making him look good is a good thing?

He's playing in a deeper role for Aberdeen.

Surely us making him look good is a good thing?

No, it typifies everything that's wrong with us this season!! Posts on this forum have given credence to teales failures based on selling our best player on deadline day! That is true yes. But was he that good a player, or above average in a very poor side? My perspective is, McLean is decent, but average. My opinion is based on his record at Aberdeen, since he's been in the squad, they have stagnated, and he hasn't produced to the the heights he was at St mirren!

Heights reached as he was a cut above the shite we have, but in real terms is the SPFL, average. Not wanting to labour the point, just replying to a piss poor retort to a previous statement. Djemba Djemba would have looked a half decent player in the Saints team this year!! As positive as I've tried to remain, the whole lot collectively, well or poorly managed, have been rank, and anyone standing out has proven only that they are not completely incompetent in their chosen position on the pitch!!

No, it typifies everything that's wrong with us this season!! Posts on this forum have given credence to teales failures based on selling our best player on deadline day! That is true yes. But was he that good a player, or above average in a very poor side? My perspective is, McLean is decent, but average. My opinion is based on his record at Aberdeen, since he's been in the squad, they have stagnated, and he hasn't produced to the the heights he was at St mirren!

Heights reached as he was a cut above the shite we have, but in real terms is the SPFL, average. Not wanting to labour the point, just replying to a piss poor retort to a previous statement. Djemba Djemba would have looked a half decent player in the Saints team this year!! As positive as I've tried to remain, the whole lot collectively, well or poorly managed, have been rank, and anyone standing out has proven only that they are not completely incompetent in their chosen position on the pitch!!

Sorry Victor .. I do miss your show!

Where is that foot now?

You base your opinion of a player on how he has performed for another team?

Which games did you see him play to analyse his contribution for thd Dons then?

Here's silly me basing my opinion on watching him from the youth team to date.

I wish I had your technical ability to spot a player... I'd probably just give up going to the game altogether.

Hardly worth it with all these duds to watch.

Edited by BuddieinEK

So... us making players look good is a bad thing? McLean stood out simply because he consistently scored goals and made assists from midfield, not because we were shite. 7 goals from midfield in half a season would be a stand out return for any club in the league.

I think moving Kenny further forward is one of the few things Craig and Teale got right. McInnes is playing him in the same place Lennon did, and he's nowhere near as effective there. His main strength is making runs into the box and shooting, see an example of this in his goal against Dundee Utd for us this season, absolutely tremendous technical ability. He couldn't do that from further back.

Edited by TopCat

Cheesy was shite!! FACT good serviceman, but poor defender!!

McLean was average!!! Made to look like a messiah as he was playing in the most average saints team in memory!!!

Thommo.... Is pissed off that teale got the job ahead of him, and hasn't tried/given a shit since!!!

Mcginn, looked good when we were doing ok, but given the responsibility of being our talisman has looked out his depth, and decent players, need decent players around them!!

One addition, JG is passionate, but a PL player on current form he is not!!!

This has surely got to be "the bold St. Sid" back amongst us?! jerry.gifthumbup2.gif

Sorry Buddo but....What a load of bull!

Firstly, as has already been pointed out, Kenny is playing in a different position for the Dons.

Secondly. This nonsense your spouting about a player looking good because of his teamates inabilities is a complete red herring. He affected positively games AGAINST the similar opposition we are playing now. That's what you base his abilities on. Not his teamates FFS.

For what it's worth, I live in Aberdeen. So yes I have seen him play, and I speak to Aberdeen fans daily. Given they have forked out their biggest transfer fee for years, the consensus was he would be a great addition to the 1st 11. What I was saying/meaning is.... That's so far... It hasn't materialised. But without arguing, time will tell. He will either springboard forward to greater heights, or do a Ricky gillies!! I may have conveyed my thoughts incorrectly, but in my opinion, being a stand out player in the Saints shirt this year, does not make you a messiah!

For what it's worth, I live in Aberdeen. So yes I have seen him play, and I speak to Aberdeen fans daily. Given they have forked out their biggest transfer fee for years, the consensus was he would be a great addition to the 1st 11. What I was saying/meaning is.... That's so far... It hasn't materialised. But without arguing, time will tell. He will either springboard forward to greater heights, or do a Ricky gillies!! I may have conveyed my thoughts incorrectly, but in my opinion, being a stand out player in the Saints shirt this year, does not make you a messiah!

lol.gif

Aberdeen fans are as useless at understanding what makes a good footballer as Saints fans, Celtic fans, Arbroath fans etc etc etc.

Imagine basing your opinion on a player by what fans think of him and then using that as the basis for your argument.

How embarassing. lol.gif

Clubs pay managers a huge amount of money for a reason.

If it was that easy to judge players and put a squad together clubs would save a fortune by simply asking for a panel of 4 volunteer fans.

You do however seem to be deluded enough to think you have all the answers so here's my suggestion.

Pick up the phone and talk to Gilmour. Offer your services.

Let us know what he says.

Edited by oaksoft

lol.gif

Aberdeen fans are as useless at understanding what makes a good footballer as Saints fans, Celtic fans, Arbroath fans etc etc etc.

Imagine basing your opinion on a player by what fans think of him and then using that as the basis for your argument.

How embarassing. lol.gif

Clubs pay managers a huge amount of money for a reason.

If it was that easy to judge players and put a squad together clubs would save a fortune by simply asking for a panel of 4 volunteer fans.

You do however seem to be deluded enough to think you have all the answers so here's my suggestion.

Pick up the phone and talk to Gilmour. Offer your services.

Let us know what he says.

He didn't solely base his opinion of the player on what other fans were saying about him. He has also based his opinion of him on what he himself has seen.

He is giving his own opinion and arguing his own case.

All you have done is highlight specific sections of his post in order to comment on it out of context, add the words "how embarrassing" and throw in a few emoticons.

This is a forum for fans to give their own opinion. Why not try giving yours instead of slagging off fellow buds?

Feck me!

Where are all these aliases coming from?bangin.gif

Is it just me, or are alot of people on this forum paranoid about their paranoia? People voice their opinions, that's the point! Some you will agree with, some you won't, that dosent have to mean those you don't agree with, have to be 5 versions of the same person! Goin have a pint with SG and worry about what your missus is doing while your away!

He's not the Messiah, and I should know, I've followed a few..