Cheesy's Away.

I am more than interested to know what team you played beside Marc in and the reasons you never made it.Paul Cairney and Marc went on to play professional football from St Mirren FCBC and Saints pro youth.Did you play in either of them or was it Lochfield Primary?

I remember Paul Cairney from your team but not Cheesy.

It was only when my eldest said he played against him when played for your team

Most pros need a bit of luck to get started in the system and most ex seniors boys get a start ahead of others

So Cheesy isn't any different from most and he stayed the distance

• 1 month later...

Cheesy was fecking pish...end off...

That's an opinion which you are entitled too however I on the other hand have a very different opinion. He was a decent player who always give St.Mirren 100%. I find it very strange the way he left the club and I am convinced he is the type of player that will more than ably play in the English 1st division.

Cheesy did give 100%..he was a ball watcher and consistently caught out of position...he was a junior centre half and best and everybody knows if his dad wasn't at club he wouldn't have been there either....

That's an opinion which you are entitled too however I on the other hand have a very different opinion. He was a decent player who always give St.Mirren 100%. I find it very strange the way he left the club and I am convinced he is the type of player that will more than ably play in the English 1st division.

Jealously? Grow up....the lad was totally out his depth...he was a bomb scare...do u really think when Danny lennon took over he said..i think marc mcausland will be a good signing? He then signs on a 3 year deal....daddy written all over it!

His cross in the Final was good though and he put in a few tackles though, so obviously added with him being one of our own you get a core group of fans who applaud him. I think he was ordinary, prone to very basic errors and absolutely bereft of confidence by the end of his time with us. He had a brilliant game at Motherwell first game of last season and I did think maybe he'd matured, but that disappeared very quickly. How much of that was pressure of being a fan, pressure of playing in front of us, effect of being beside Goodwin or even just the fact the ball was rarely away from our defence?

Wasn't he a character in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?

Thanks for all the fish.

Vytqaq - sounds like the muffled obscenity I mutter every time trying to swipe up a page on this forum using an iPad results in me opening an advert for a fcuking all-new Mazda 3.

Fcuk Mazda.

Marc was by no means the worse player I have seen in the black and white stripes. Whatever his shortcomings he gave 100% and will be remembered as a member of the 2013 cup winning side. Nice lad and I wish him all the best. He has left the club so I see no point in those continuing to criticise him.