Cheesy's Away.

Sorry is this the St Mirren's fans, supporting Saints??

I still think last season the players were leaderless. no tactics, no morale, and very little support= Dodgy performances. Cheesy was certainly not the most gifted but hey United seem to like his potential and unlike Saints Cheesy will be plying his trade in top league. A saints fan thru and thru and a boy that certainly gave 100% to the jersey. Then was told to go................ eh good luck to the lad and thanks for 2013 LC Success which he certainly played his part

Just off the top of my head Ronnie McQuilter, Gerhard Fellner, Klaus Dietrich, Sergei Baltacha, Ricky Robb, Viktor Genev, Illias Haddad & Greg Denham were all much, much worse than Cheesy at centre half.

Cheesy was a decent lower half of the SPL/Top half of the Championship player, seems like a decent guy & a League Cup winning ex-St. Mirren player. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Edited by JM1

Last 35 years...don't remember a worse centre back..

I've been going to games for the last 26 odd years and there are plenty I could name. This is a personal vendetta against Cheesey, admit it. Using his dads position at the club as cannon fodder is unfair on both Marc and Bryan.

Why don't you give the boy credit for being a local lad, who made it into the first team of the club he has supported since a boy, captained the club on numerous ocassions, and was part of a remarkable party of our history on lifting the League Cup and assisting the Thommohawk in the semi final win v Celtic at Hampden.

Just off the top of my head Ronnie McQuilter, Gerhard Fellner, Klaus Dietrich, Sergei Baltacha, Ricky Robb, Viktor Genev, Illias Haddad & Greg Denham were all much, much worse than Cheesy at centre half.

Cheesy was a decent lower half of the SPL/Top half of the Championship player, seems like a decent guy & a League Cup winning ex-St. Mirren player. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Your 1st 3 were the same I had in my head too.

I've been going to games for the last 26 odd years and there are plenty I could name. This is a personal vendetta against Cheesey, admit it. Using his dads position at the club as cannon fodder is unfair on both Marc and Bryan.

Why don't you give the boy credit for being a local lad, who made it into the first team of the club he has supported since a boy, captained the club on numerous ocassions, and was part of a remarkable party of our history on lifting the League Cup and assisting the Thommohawk in the semi final win v Celtic at Hampden.

who cares he's local? Makes no difference...i just thought he was rotten and got a three year deal because his dad was at club...

I work with a Dons supporter who could never understand the level of abused aimed at McAusland. He was certainly no world beater, but a decent barometer of the standard of a player is to listen to what the supporters of other teams say about him. I don't recall Cheesy being a figure of great ridicule/point and laugh material.

He has moved on now, and I wish him well. A good servant of the club and contributed in no small way to our cup win (penalty at Aberdeen, coolly taken, and that cross for Thommo's goal). I, for one, intend to remember him for that above all else.

Jealously? Grow up....the lad was totally out his depth...he was a bomb scare...do u really think when Danny lennon took over he said..i think marc mcausland will be a good signing? He then signs on a 3 year deal....daddy written all over it!

Ironic that you tell someone to grow up then claim he only got a game because of his dad. Playground stuff at its finest?

Sorry is this the St Mirren's fans, supporting Saints??

I still think last season the players were leaderless. no tactics, no morale, and very little support= Dodgy performances. Cheesy was certainly not the most gifted but hey United seem to like his potential and unlike Saints Cheesy will be plying his trade in top league. A saints fan thru and thru and a boy that certainly gave 100% to the jersey. Then was told to go................ eh good luck to the lad and thanks for 2013 LC Success which he certainly played his part

Where did Marc go?

I would like to say something in Cheesy's defence and that is IMHO that he was not "managed" last season

Under Danny Lennon McGinn,Nesmith,McLean and Kelly were all playing well and showed immense prospects for the future

Sadly barring McLean they all had poor poor seasons under TC

And the same goes for Cheesy

If one or two players have poor form then thats down to them but when its half a team or on most saturdays all the team then the blame lays squarely at the feet of Management

Yes we did, we got a traffic cone...

That's VERY interesting cos you've reminded me of a traffic cone that got up to sing on a Karaoke night.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJHnKw7YNA

ETA:

My apologies on an iPad. Cannae post a functioning link to youbloodytube....

Edited by bluto

I really think Div should now close this thread.Marc is a Saint through and through.I have known him since he was a little boy first when his Dad joined the Executive Club before becoming a Director.Marc lived the dream playing for the club he loves.Yes he was not perfect but he is a decent pro and certainly played his part in giving me and my family one of the greatest days im our proud history and we should remember him for that.Life goes on and I wish Marc all the best in his football career and beyond.