Cheesy's Away.

Plenty on here will be happy about this, but I have never been one of them. Who is the new Boo boy going to be?

Good luck Marc. Hope you get a club soon.

Unfortunately a couple of the younger guys who have come through the ranks seem to get a bad time already.

If he needs an operation I hope it goes well for him and then he can look to get alternative employment elsewhere. It would just be like St. Mirren for him to knock us out of a Cup Competition but all the best to him anyway. I will forever remember him and Craig Samson hugging one another in the 2013 League Cup Final which is one the moments from that day that always makes me smile. Not the worst player to have played for St. Mirren but not one that was always top drawer - he was playing for us after all - but I'm sure his commitment was always there.

I heard a while ago from a good source he was offered lots of money to move to India. Perhaps he's decided to go and being relegated has sealed the deal for him. He will be missed and be difficult to replace. Good luck to the big man who gave nothing other than 100% in every game.

We now need a new scapegoat urgently.

I wonder if the derisory cheers that he received on Monday night as he trooped off injured influenced his decision to get away now rather than later? Seems strange to walk away from a couple of months money as I would hardly imagine he's loaded.

Never his biggest fan but wish him well as a cup winner and fan.

Should save us £20k a week going by posts on here ph34r.png

Cheesy away, Genev suspended and I think Goodwin might have crossed the yellow card limit again.

Who the hell will be in our defence against Killie? lol.gif:

Who has been our defence all season? whoever plays could not be more clueless than what we have fielded so far this season. now that cheesy is off will goodwin be next?

Edited by stevie-dee

Hearing he may have a club lined up , but not in the UK.

Pebble Beach, Pinehurst No1 or Augusta National...

Come on, someone had to... Played with, and won, the inaugural Fan Council golf tourney as part of Cheesy's team that day. A really nice lad and good company, an excellent golfer, and a footballer who is a cup winning legend and supporter. Let's not forget how good he was in the semi final v Celtic, and he sets up a goal too?

I'm sure Marc will be the first to admit he isn't Franco Baresi, but the boy was a trier, and by Christ, there aren't many of those in this St Mirren side.

Sincere best wishes for the future Marc.

Edited by pozbaird

Odd timing, but his contract has been terminated.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=42449

In full:

Honestly, what the f**k is going on at our club? unsure.png

cost cutting. might be a few pretty average earners at the club being cleared out. We're fine at clear outs, its being astute in the transfer market we generally fall flat on.

There not much in the timing guys, he's been injured since Aberdeen away and wants to take time to recover properly.

He wouldn't have kicked a ball the rest of the season so why leave now not as he had made up his mind to leave.

Edited by davidg

Sorry, but not surprised, to see him go. Ultimately, he was a so-so player in a sh*te team. But, despite what some of the muppets on here would have you believe, Cheesy gave his all for the Saints and he cared about the results. Just look at the pictures of his reaction at the end of the Well humping.

Good luck, Marc. Hope you get something sorted soon.

I heard a while ago from a good source he was offered lots of money to move to India. Perhaps he's decided to go and being relegated has sealed the deal for him. He will be missed and be difficult to replace. Good luck to the big man who gave nothing other than 100% in every game.

We now need a new scapegoat urgently.

I bet he'd be great as a batsman. youngman-sign.gifjerry.gif

Sorry to see the lad go met him a few times and very down to earth loves playing for buddies and you can't say he didn't try feel sorry for him playingnear that diddy Goodwin. Bit surprised bout timing but after reading today's article in herald not surprised especially with all the crap being spouted by Mr gilmour . gd luck Marc .

Only timing is strange. A liability in a good side, McGregor briefly made him look like a player after his dad getting him his old jbo back after failing at QoS reserves. Rumoured to be on an £80K basic ? Can't believe that.....the racecourse looks his likely destination now

Overpaid, whatever it was, and useless as a defender - but at least he was a Buddie, overpaid and useless shoe fits a lot of players right now..

Farewell Cheesy and Wedge that exit door open, be many more to follow